Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mad Rag

G&G MP5 stuck on full auto

Recommended Posts

so after a good day of pew towards the end my gun decides to get stuck on full auto with no trigger movement had to remove the bat to turn off. any suggestions? 

 

Edited by Jedi_Master
forum rules - No CAPS titles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

selector plate probably stuck. is the selector switch moving? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BigStew said:

selector plate probably stuck. is the selector switch moving? 

Yup but not much resistance if you know what I mean 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mad Rag said:

full auto with no trigger movement




You mean it's on full auto all the time when you pull the trigger, Even in safe.

Or

 

It's on full auto in the semi and auto positions, but safe is still safe.

Or

You have to pull the battery to stop it shooting.


3 different problems.

The first one is probably the selector plate.

The second one is probably a snapped COL

The third is a Fused/Stuck contact, Burnt out mosfet, Or snapped dolly return spring. Since you had to pull the battery to get it to stop I would put money on one of these been the fault. We will need more information about the gun, It's model, Batteries used,  age, and what your level of tech knowledge is.

If it's an ETU model chances are you will need a new ETU. It's not uncommon for the generation 1 G&G's to develop faults like this. If it's a standard contact model then the repair should be pretty cheap <£10 If it's the ETU >£50. + the time to fix it.

If you are not confident at the opening and repairing a gearbox now is the time to send the gun out to a tech.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Iceni said:

 

3rd one had to pull the bat to stop shooting. Plug back in and shots right away 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it's going to need electrical parts then.

If it's an ETU model expect to pay £50 just for the ETU + tech fees if you can't fit it yourself.

If it's the cheaper standard model chances are the fix will also be cheap and easy. That will totally depend on your level of skill as to what you can save.

If the gun is in warranty... Send it back. ETU's are known for the faults.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1549135526050671190011348714914.thumb.jpg.8f872b0387e677381db16d5fb4a68b4c.jpg.adfc2de2b1b015b9dcc809280ccd05e6.jpgnot sure if you can tell the model from the picture I'm not sure. Tech level is well probs non existent lol but if there's YouTube vids and guide I think I may manage 

8 minutes ago, Iceni said:

Yeah it's going to need electrical parts then.

If it's an ETU model expect to pay £50 just for the ETU + tech fees if you can't fit it yourself.

If it's the cheaper standard model chances are the fix will also be cheap and easy. That will totally depend on your level of skill as to what you can save.

If the gun is in warranty... Send it back. ETU's are known for the faults.

 

It's not under warranty either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you won't manage with 0 tech knowledge diagnosing electrical faults.

Pay and send it out if it's not in warranty.

That model looks like the GT advanced TGM A4. It's a £270 gun. It's not worth messing up by trying to fix it yourself.

It's not uncommon for the ETU to break in then, and it will be covered if you still have the warranty. The gun looks to be pretty new and G&G usually offer a 12month warranty.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mp5 is one of the hardest popular RIF's take take apart. Get a professional, I am pretty handy and I gave up just trying to take the outer barrel section apart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Iceni thanks for your advise, what would be the cheapest option for me then do you think.

@Asomodai thanks, im handy too but im thinking this is a rather techie issue 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not that difficult to take apart. Two body pins and the mag release hold the upper body and stock on and the the gear box is held in by the selector switch which is held in place by a grub screw in the right hand side selector switch I think then two screws in the mag well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BigStew said:

It's not that difficult to take apart. Two body pins and the mag release hold the upper body and stock on and the the gear box is held in by the selector switch which is held in place by a grub screw in the right hand side selector switch I think then two screws in the mag well.

so im able to stripe down and take out the gearbox trigger ect i can get that far just the electrical side. but what is the etu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

so im able to stripe down and take out the gearbox trigger ect i can get that far just the electrical side. but what is the etu

Unless you can confirm the model it might not have a etu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BigStew im not sure my slef but @Iceni thinks it could be GT advanced TGM A4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

@BigStew im not sure my slef but @Iceni thinks it could be GT advanced TGM A4

Does it have blow back ie did the ejection port cover move when firing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BigStew yes it does. also has the handle thing you pull back and that opens the ejection port too (woo im starting to learn lol)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigStew said:

Ok then this is probably what the gear box looks like https://www.guay2.com/en/product/detail-1903 etu is internal you need a tech. If it's new take it back under warranty.

 

looks about right i think. ill have a look at it tonight when i get home. is it an easy/cheap fix. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a clue I am afraid I know mechanical not electronics but a tech is going to be at least 20 quid an hour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so weird thing is it now fires completely fine  it's so weird 

@BigStew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same gun G&G MP5A5, it was part of the TGM range of MP5s they made and it did not come with an ETU built in but a standard trigger trolley as per normal V2 gearboxes.

 

Do you know if it has an ETU? If you have stated it that suddenly started working ok then the chances are that you DO NOT have an ETU, mine did the same a while ago and all i did was give it a whack on the side so that the trigger trolley disengaged.

 

You might find this video of mine interesting where i do strip the gun down to the gearbox.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Shizbazki said:

I had the same gun G&G MP5A5, it was part of the TGM range of MP5s they made and it did not come with an ETU built in but a standard trigger trolley as per normal V2 gearboxes.

 

Do you know if it has an ETU? If you have stated it that suddenly started working ok then the chances are that you DO NOT have an ETU, mine did the same a while ago and all i did was give it a whack on the side so that the trigger trolley disengaged.

 

You might find this video of mine interesting where i do strip the gun down to the gearbox.

 

 

Goes this show if it has one or not ? I'm.not sure whatvi looking for. Bit yeah it's working like nothing ever happend 

1549910482298417299871800096099.jpg

15499105057032273889436777055431.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah the ETU is all hidden inside the gearbox.

 

Basically the only way you will really know is if you take the gearbox out of the lower receiver and look inside it then. My guess (and its only a  guess) is that you dont have the ETU.

 

Unless you know the feeling of squishy trigger compared to clicky micro switch you won't know the difference.

 

The trigger unit is the bit in red:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/g-and-g-etu-electronic-trigger-unit

 

A normal V2 gearbox trigger unit looks like this:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/keen-sharp-switch-set-and-wiring-v2-front

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shizbazki said:

Nah the ETU is all hidden inside the gearbox.

 

Basically the only way you will really know is if you take the gearbox out of the lower receiver and look inside it then. My guess (and its only a  guess) is that you dont have the ETU.

 

Unless you know the feeling of squishy trigger compared to clicky micro switch you won't know the difference.

 

The trigger unit is the bit in red:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/g-and-g-etu-electronic-trigger-unit

 

A normal V2 gearbox trigger unit looks like this:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/keen-sharp-switch-set-and-wiring-v2-front

 

I would say more switch than squishy trigger might be wrong though. I spoke to a tech and he thinks possibly carbon on the trigger contacts but not sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×