Getting the hump .

Druid799
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So by the sounds of it the lad who posted the ‘£700 kit’ thread threw his toys out of the pram and requested it be deleted , but was informed (and rightfully so) threads aren’t deleted at the posters request but they would be locked .

Now I know he did get a right old roasting BUT if you post up somthing that’s not very good/makes you look like a bit of a plonker/bellend/or just an out and out arrogant dick then it’s gona happen isn’t it ? there’s also been one or two “take it easy on him” or “well some have been very hard on him” comments posted but again you posted the “look how much I’ve spent!” And the cringe worthy video so as far as I’m concerned you’ve posted your self as fair game in my book .

Now I know I can be sarcastic as f**k (who me ? Never ! 😳) but I like to think it’s never personal , unless of course the target really does deserve it , I’d also agree it’s all been in the realms of banter and friendly pisstaking but still he did get the hump over it and some thought it had gone ‘too far’ but again I’ve always been a great believer in the old ’sticks and stones’ adage yes it may piss you off at the time but ultimately it will have zero effect on you so “suck it up buttercup” Fits this ?

Am I THAT out of touch with the world these days that I’m wrong about this ? 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is Airsoft is dominated by the youth. And the youth are whining, pathetic, self obsessed cry babies who take offence  at everything. (As you’ll now undoubtedly see😂)

I think your bang on @Druid799

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one! And if you post something you do so on the basis that some may not agree or give you an alternative view which in most cases are all relevant whether you like it or not! 

And then there's biggest of them all.....it's the f**king internet....who gives a f**k!? 🤣

22 minutes ago, heroshark said:

I sad I missed this, I imagine the video has gone

You can thank me later...

35 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

So by the sounds of it the lad who posted the ‘£700 kit’ thread threw his toys out of the pram and requested it be deleted , but was informed (and rightfully so) threads aren’t deleted at the posters request but they would be locked .

Now I know he did get a right old roasting BUT if you post up somthing that’s not very good/makes you look like a bit of a plonker/bellend/or just an out and out arrogant dick then it’s gona happen isn’t it ? there’s also been one or two “take it easy on him” or “well some have been very hard on him” comments posted but again you posted the “look how much I’ve spent!” And the cringe worthy video so as far as I’m concerned you’ve posted your self as fair game in my book .

Now I know I can be sarcastic as f**k (who me ? Never ! 😳) but I like to think it’s never personal , unless of course the target really does deserve it , I’d also agree it’s all been in the realms of banter and friendly pisstaking but still he did get the hump over it and some thought it had gone ‘too far’ but again I’ve always been a great believer in the old ’sticks and stones’ adage yes it may piss you off at the time but ultimately it will have zero effect on you so “suck it up buttercup” Fits this ?

Am I THAT out of touch with the world these days that I’m wrong about this ? 

5b07846a78ee5.jpeg.107fe022490f813ee7136f9678b0621c.jpeg

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

The problem is Airsoft is dominated by the youth. And the youth are whining, pathetic, self obsessed cry babies who take offence  at everything. (As you’ll now undoubtedly see😂)

13 minutes ago, Seven said:

You can thank me later...

5b07846a78ee5.jpeg.107fe022490f813ee7136f9678b0621c.jpeg

Just remember you old farts will need someone to wipe your arse one day. We can use sandpaper if you’d like to show us what it was like back in your day?  Show us what it’s like to be a man! 

Ill admit the majority of my generation are lazy turds, but there are some of us that aren’t not, so don’t tar us all with the same brush!

24 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Just remember you old farts will need someone to wipe your arse one day. We can use sandpaper if you’d like to show us what it was like back in your day?  Show us what it’s like to be a man! 

Ill admit the majority of my generation are lazy turds, but there are some of us that aren’t not, so don’t tar us all with the same brush!

Hell no, the moment I cant deal with myself I have left instructions to 'retire' me. lol

But in all seriousness, it's an age old adage.

I'm pretty sure if you go back far enough they would be laughing at the following few generations whom, in their eyes, have life easy!

Medieval times would have a field day!

I can see them complaining...

"Rifles?! Bombers?!  Artillery?! Tanks?!.... None of you have any backbone! Look a man in the eyes as you press home your steel through his chest! Bloody snowflakes!"

Oh and it's not about being lazy it's about being soft as shit! 😉

I’m 28, so in life not too old, but in airsoft I suppose I am. I guess I’m just old fashioned. These are some the the things I’ve heard the younger players say in game or safe and it makes me just want to waterboard them.

”They should ban .28’s.. it’s like being hit by a brick”

”minimum engagement should be 50 meters so they can’t shoot us when we’ve in range”

“Those .209’s are way too loud. I felt sick when it went off.” 

“How is it fair that their guns shoot further than ours?” 

“You can’t shoot me in the head!” (Head and rifle was the only thing exposed)

I consider Airsoft an extreme sport like motocross etc. Nobody in any extreme sport other than airsoft bitches and complains about the rules being too lean. If Airsoft ever gets banned in this country, it won’t be some miserable old fart who gets it banned. It will be some young gobshite who cant just get on with it. 

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I’m 28, so in life not too old, but in airsoft I suppose I am. I guess I’m just old fashioned. These are some the the things I’ve heard the younger players say in game or safe and it makes me just want to waterboard them.

”minimum engagement should be 50 meters so they can’t shoot us when we’ve in range”

I consider Airsoft an extreme sport like motocross etc. Nobody in any extreme sport other than airsoft bitches and complains about the rules being too lean. If Airsoft ever gets banned in this country, it won’t be some miserable old fart who gets it banned. It will be some young gobshite who cant just get on with it. 

Your only just older than me. 

I understand where your coming from, I just don’t like being tarred with the same brush as those you have mentioned, I am nothing like them, never want to be, and put effort in to make sure I’m not. 

2 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

This old bugger can remember when everyone played stock marui power and permission from all was needed when someone brought a gas M1 carbine that shot a closer to 1J.

theres allways been that whinning about the youth. heck it was even directed at me for having a 168 moscart back in the day.

now as one of the older players i view the whinning about such things ammusing, as it usually dies down, i get annoyed when it overlaps bigger issues, such as the fuss over the 40mike when we couldnt get the same fuss about the PCB.

misdirected energies will be where it falls

back to the OP.  We've all done that cringy moment when first starting, being pridefull in your new hobbled together kit and posing in it is the teething stages for a lot of people who have just sudddently been dropped into this, and havent come across with some sort of professional BG.

I know I have, but taken the lumps and moved on.  When people wont let people move from that is where it irks me

Much as I think there too many millennial snowflakes, I don’t agree with it’s only words.

I’m 51 if anybody cares, one of my fav singers wrote

”Sticks and stones will break bones, but the wrong words will break the world”

And I agree completely with him. I have very close personal experience of it 👎🏻👊🏻

4 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Your only just older than me. 

I understand where your coming from, I just don’t like being tarred with the same brush as those you have mentioned, I am nothing like them, never want to be, and put effort in to make sure I’m not. 

As do I. Unless something is dangerous, I wish people would just shut the fuck up and play the game. 

With regards to ‘the video’.. there’s two types of people who do that. Show offs with the “look how much I’ve spent” and naive people who are showing off what they think is cool and don’t see how they might come across. I just watched it, thought it was shit and left it at that. It’s only when someone says something that annoys me personally will I go out of my way to give them shit

Lol this thread :D

I remember when I started my chairsofting career (as in posting stuff on forums) I got shat on on the italian forum for having posted a couple of terribad loadouts (literally worse than the £700 swat kit, trust me, you don't want to know anything about them), it was in 2010, I hardly played any skirmish and I was eager to show what sort of cheap crap I ran.

guess what, now I'm still here harassing you guys, and at this point I think Brexit is just your way to tell me "fuck off ya wanker we don't want anything to do with you" :P

Kids per se aren't the problem.

Kids that have been raised in a bubble are.

Also the whole politically correct bullshit we're fed 24/7 (no, I'm not turning it into a political rant of any sort, just that we can't be harsh to someone anymore without getting pulled to court for verbal offences)

/rant

Btw I'm almost 28 (15th of July) so I'm not THAT old either, my parents didn't raise me in a bubble and I'm somewhat still alive with an almost fully functional brain.

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

they'd hate me then, running .36's in a polarstar because it was the heaviest i had to account for the rhop sending .3's skywards. i run .3's in my pistols in winter because they don't quite have the puff to shove .4's when it's cold :P

i suspect the reasonable response to that is a mk23 running .4's......

ear defenders, the noise amplifying ones, also side benefit that they keep your ears warm and let you hear like batman

science bitch, i didn't spend years tinkering with guns and endless dissappointing mods to end up on an even playing field, i put the time in and the result is i can out shoot you.

oh god, i've heard this from adults "headshots don't count", mofo if your head's the only thing i see i'm shooting it and if i don't see the hand i'll shoot at it some more until i do. don't like getting hit in the head wear a helmet.......

back on topic and referring to the video in question, i said as much in the thread that expecting sympathy on the internet isn't a smart move, of course we were going to take the mickey given the general sense of humour you expect from airsofters. if there ever was a hobby for the willy wavers of this world it's airsoft, and as much as it's fine to be proud of your kit there's always gonna be someone out there who's prosthetic manhood is even shinier and he's gonna take every opportunity he can get to get one over on whoever he can.

7 minutes ago, Skara said:

f terribad loadouts (literally worse than the £700 swat kit, trust me, you don't want to know anything about them), 

Actually I think you will find we want to know EVERYTHING about them ! oh and pictures, we need pictures 😂

• Supporters

I can understand all the points of view on this but can't say I agree with lots of it.

I see young and old come out with frankly laughable snowflake comments within airsoft and outside of it. The one thing I do see though is the older generation always moan about the young ones but in my dealings I generally find the 40+ generation whine more and go on about how much harder they had it. When marshaling I also find the older generation are generally more disrespectful and acted more like the world owed them something than younger guy and girls. 

People need to remember that the young generation are growing up in a world where through social media everything they do is put on trial and judged, that in itself sometimes creates a harsher world than those growing up 20/30 years ago had to deal with. The old adage of sticks and stones is bullshit in todays society. People are self harming and killing themselves over verbal bullying everyday and the internet makes it harder for them to escape from it. 

There are not only 2 sorts of people who post this sort of stuff. Some are just a socially dysfunctional and don't understand how others will perceive things.

A light ribbing is fine but people also need to remember that it is easy to be a dick behind a keyboard but how many that do would ever stand up face to face? Not many that is for sure. I have had a few dicks online act clever that I have then met face to face and not one ever backed up a thing. As someone who has met and is known in person by lots of people on here I will say that not one has ever acted disrespectful to those around them that I have witnessed so I guess it is just an internet thing.

Easy to be a keyboard warrior but more difficult to be a man

I agree with ImTriggerHappy and rocketdogbert

I don't believe in ripping into people just because you can hide behind your screen.  Yeah its only words but it still hurts.

Be a grown up and give your views/advice, maybe spiced with a bit of piss-taking.

I can think one or two people here who seem ready to rip into others but could be brought down a few pegs with their lack of spelling ability...

As for the age thing... that's crap as well.  Every generation has its difficulties and share of a-holes.

The generation I have respect for are those who lived through world wars.

if you are not willing to say something to some ones face you shouldn't say it on line. Also  can we get over this millennial Snowflake crap millennials are in their late 30s now some even have adult children of their own.

• Supporters

I do agree the numbers of ‘nasties’ on the net are definitely on the increase but equally one would hope we can all differentiate between piss taking/banter and bullying , you post a vid of you in a shitty loadout big’ing up you Airsoft god of war status then you must be prepared to be roasted for it BUT you do not make it personal , my post was about the lighter side of it not about the cyber bullying , that’s totally different my use of ‘sticks and stones’ was for the latter if someone posts up “you look like a sack of shit tied nasty ya plank  !” Then yes not a very nice thing to say but that’s just there opinion .

Now if someone was to post “ your look like a sack of shit tied nasty , you should kill your self for being so utterly useless !” or just keeps posting negative after negative comment no matter what now that’s a totally different ball game , and I don’t think any of the comments were even close to it but I do feel the lines are getting pushed closer and closer to each other and your starting to get some reacting to simple ribbing in the same way they’d react to bullying ?

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

>snip<

I think is this day an age cyberbullying is such a big thing that a lot of people have become hypersensitive to it.

I think the line comes when someone shows they don't like it. Just because it is fine for some of us doesn't mean it is fine for all and we should respect that. 

I had a quick read of that thread and agree none of it was overly viscous to me but then I am not him. If he wants it deleted then the mods should respect that and do it. 

I am just glad with how much I fucked up when young bookface, Instagram and stuff was not around because I doubt I could of handled the scrutiny and ridicule some put up with.

Archived