Vsr 10 aftermarket cylinder help

rocky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

Have a cyma 701 and sorting some bits on it, one being the cylinder which is coming loose where the bolt handle is so looking for an upgrade,

Sticking with the 45deg trigger for now, I have got a action army piston for a vsr 10 

Now I need a vsr10 cylinder, something a touch stronger than standard 

Can anyone advise a cylinder that would work, not looking to pay £80 for the action army one as this is a budget build

I have seen a few around the £40  mark on websites which say for a vsr10 but then to say they require smaller than stock piston

Is there a cheaper alternative to be AA cylinder

Cheers guys 

Guest Yukarin
2 hours ago, Steveocee said:

AirsoftPro.cz do cylinders (and heads) extremely cheaply for VSR10 and similar fitments. They would most likely be your cheapest source.

Their cylinders are for the Well clones which are slightly offspec and require a smaller piston like OP mentioned.

Bolt handle is loose and the threads where the cylinder head screw onto are really loose the end looks like it's expanded as such,

Just figure a better than stock cylinder I can make up some nice bushes for it to run on etc,  keen on making bits but not buying 😏

Bit of a project but budget... if that combination exsists 

Cheers guys 

I am selling some spare parts from a tm vsr10 if you would be interested in a standard complete cylinder from a tm vsr10 pro.

It is new still sealed never been opened so need the pin drilled out. You can see pictures in the sale thread below

I would sell the cylinder along with a extra spare cylinder head for £20 including postage and paypal fees

8 hours ago, rocky said:

Bolt handle is loose and the threads where the cylinder head screw onto are really loose the end looks like it's expanded as such,

Just figure a better than stock cylinder I can make up some nice bushes for it to run on etc,  keen on making bits but not buying 😏

Bit of a project but budget... if that combination exsists 

Cheers guys 

Probably a basic question and solutions you've already tried but......

I've experienced the loosening bolt handle, touch of thread lock fixed it.

The cylinder head, try 3 wraps of PTFE clockwise around it, even if you buy new it's general practise to PTFE the head to ensure a good seal.

4 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Probably a basic question and solutions you've already tried but......

I've experienced the loosening bolt handle, touch of thread lock fixed it.

The cylinder head, try 3 wraps of PTFE clockwise around it, even if you buy new it's general practise to PTFE the head to ensure a good seal.

Cheers, they are abit far gone for that, the threads for the head have expanded that much you can push the head in the first 3/4 of the thread sadly

The loose bolt issue is where it joins the cylinder where it is crimped together coming loose :(

12 hours ago, you can`t shoot me said:

I am selling some spare parts from a tm vsr10 if you would be interested in a standard complete cylinder from a tm vsr10 pro.

It is new still sealed never been opened so need the pin drilled out. You can see pictures in the sale thread below

I would sell the cylinder along with a extra spare cylinder head for £20 including postage and paypal fees

Thanks for that offer :)

I think going to give it a little more time see if I can figure which cylinder to go for, want something abit more sturdy 

thanks anyway 

Guest Yukarin

Not to be a dick and block a sale but the TM VSR Cylinders aren't particularly strong either, your gonna end up having the same problem down the line.

Now if you can source a JG Bar-10 cylinder then your in the money, they are pretty strong (not as strong as aftermarket cylinders though).

OP FYI: Unless you drill out the pins or it's a very old TM VSR cylinder, it will be factory sealed with an output of roughly 280fps.

The OEM TM VSR Cylinder can be opened but it's a faff.

I do have a complete AA Bolt setup and it is perfect. IMHO it is worth the money long term but not if it's just to see if you enjoy bolt action style gameplay. I assume you do enjoy it and if so I don't think you'd regret it but it isn't cheap as you say. It'll last a life time though. 👍

9 hours ago, Immortal said:

OP FYI: Unless you drill out the pins or it's a very old TM VSR cylinder, it will be factory sealed with an output of roughly 280fps.

The OEM TM VSR Cylinder can be opened but it's a faff.

I do have a complete AA Bolt setup and it is perfect. IMHO it is worth the money long term but not if it's just to see if you enjoy bolt action style gameplay. I assume you do enjoy it and if so I don't think you'd regret it but it isn't cheap as you say. It'll last a life time though. 👍

Opening up a stock cylinder dosoes not look too bad..

Pitty 2nd hand cylinders don't pop up, not really something that would be sold separate,

Archived