Gc16 predator won't fire full auto

Nariea
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello. I've bought a gun from another person. And I'm in that shitty situation that my gun won't fire full auto. 

It's a g&g gc16 predator 

It's also my first airsoft gun.

I have no clues what to do. I am quite nifty so taking it apart is an option, but I won't do it without being certain that I can do it myself.

I've googled around and maybe something about a selector plate? 

The gun has a etu and mosfet.

I need your help.

-nari

20190209_223551.jpg

I can't help with specifics but you're definitely going to have to open it up or take it to a gun tech.

I guess there's no chance to return it or get some money off?

There are two stages to surgery on an AEG.

The first is to open the upper and lower receiver so you can see the switches and selector.  This hopefully will reveal the problem and maybe you can post pics for help.

The second stage is to open the gearbox itself and is much more fiddly.  Luckily since it fires on single then you won't have to get in there.

Suggest you open it up to have a look and go from there.  Take pics as reference as you go and DON'T lose the bits ;)

When you select full auto is it completely dead and not firing or is it firing but just not on full auto?

Have you tried contacting the previous owner and politely asking about the settings on it? I would say if he comes back and says everything was fine when he sent it off or is hostile in any way, then there might be a more serious problem.

It fires as in single /semi. 

I've contacted him, everything is stock and never used. 

Could it be that the selector plate doesn't push the thing inside that stops the gears ( don't know the name) maybe this can be fixed by stretching the spring?

Push the front body pin out and separate the 2 receivers, then operate the selector and look down in the lower and see if the selector plate (left side of gearbox) is moving when you switch from semi to full auto 

• Supporters

If you put it into auto and hold the selector down while it’s in auto and try it, that would suggest a warn selector plate.

Easy, the selector plate doesn't go back enough. In mechanical systems the SP doesn't keep the cutoff lever disengaged, I fear it's the same with the ETU systems as the unit itself only replaces the trigger contacts with a microswitch..

May also be a busted ETU (not unusual since they're absolute crap)

2 minutes ago, Skara said:

Easy, the selector plate doesn't go back enough. In mechanical systems the SP doesn't keep the cutoff lever disengaged, I fear it's the same with the ETU systems as the unit itself only replaces the trigger contacts with a microswitch..

May also be a busted ETU (not unusual since they're absolute crap)

so what should i do?
i'm quite new at this, so i have no idea. 
sorry

Just now, Nariea said:

so what should i do?
i'm quite new at this, so i have no idea. 
sorry

If you don't have any experience in teching, hand the gun to a tech (if I'm right it won't be expensive as v2 selector plates are cheaper than dirt) or to a friend that has some experience. I wouldn't do it myself if I didn't have any experience, as AEGs can appear rather complex to work onto.

No need to be sorry mate, we all started somewhere ;)

8 minutes ago, Skara said:

If you don't have any experience in teching, hand the gun to a tech (if I'm right it won't be expensive as v2 selector plates are cheaper than dirt) or to a friend that has some experience. I wouldn't do it myself if I didn't have any experience, as AEGs can appear rather complex to work onto.

No need to be sorry mate, we all started somewhere ;)

alright, i've emailed about 3 different places now. 
But here in denmark there aren't that many shops, and i don't know if they offer any repairs.
Thanks! 

24 minutes ago, snuff said:

I have no experience with this..but could it be programmed that way?

Absolutely not, G&G ETUs are not programmable (unlike the Ares EFCS or a Titan)

You can switch between full auto and 3 round burst by holding the trigger in semi for around 10 seconds, but that's it. And it should have cycled 3 times instead of one.

The previous owner may have cut the selector plate to lock it in semi. But as Nariea stated, the gun hasn't been touched (unless, of course, the seller lied to our Danish friend).

2 minutes ago, Skara said:

Absolutely not, G&G ETUs are not programmable (unlike the Ares EFCS or a Titan)

You can switch between full auto and 3 round burst by holding the trigger in semi for around 10 seconds, but that's it. And it should have cycled 3 times instead of one.

The previous owner may have cut the selector plate to lock it in semi. But as Nariea stated, the gun hasn't been touched (unless, of course, the seller lied to our Danish friend).

That may have been why it was a lot cheaper than normal, I even got 2 mags, 2 lipo batteries and a scope with it.

55 minutes ago, Nariea said:

That may have been why it was a lot cheaper than normal, I even got 2 mags, 2 lipo batteries and a scope with it.

Price is somewhat irrelevant, maybe he just wanted to get rid of the whole thing.

Ask him about the gun history (where he got it, if it's been serviced or not, any info he has)

1 hour ago, Nariea said:

It's from germany.

There we go.

If I'm right the German law restricts full auto capable airsoft guns to 0.5 Joules, so in order to achieve higher muzzle energy they're forced to lock their rifs to semi only. The easiest way is to cut a tiny square off the selector plate to prevent it from disengaging the cutoff.

Replace the selector plate and you're golden ;)

1 hour ago, Skara said:

There we go.

If I'm right the German law restricts full auto capable airsoft guns to 0.5 Joules, so in order to achieve higher muzzle energy they're forced to lock their rifs to semi only. The easiest way is to cut a tiny square off the selector plate to prevent it from disengaging the cutoff.

Replace the selector plate and you're golden ;)

If that's the answer then that is superbly helpful to the OP. Shows that with the right info, the correct answer is not normally far away.  Top info Skara

• 2 weeks later...

Just to throw out an update. i've change the selector plate, everything went smooth. 
But now it only shoots 2-3 round bursts.. 
i've tried to hold the trigger in semi for 10 sec, but that doesnt seem to work either.

I've observed the mosfet. when ever i am to try full auto. in both "burst and full auto" it flashes a red light 2 times at the end of the shots. like it's cutting of power?

im down at the bottom now, anyone got some knowlegde?

8 minutes ago, Nariea said:

Just to throw out an update. i've change the selector plate, everything went smooth. 
But now it only shoots 2-3 round bursts.. 
i've tried to hold the trigger in semi for 10 sec, but that doesnt seem to work either.

I've observed the mosfet. when ever i am to try full auto. in both "burst and full auto" it flashes a red light 2 times at the end of the shots. like it's cutting of power?

im down at the bottom now, anyone got some knowlegde?

What battery are you using?

Because on 7.4s the ETU thinks it's about to die and cuts the current off.

On 11.1s it should work fine.

Archived