How many guns ?

Nick G
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

46 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

You can get a better AEG for less cash than TM.

When it comes to pistols TM are king and pretty much the same with gas rifles at the moment. But with AEGs it is different. You can buy and upgrade a gun that will outperform NGRS range very easily for less cssh. There are also a few that off the shelf match its performance for a lot less cash.

TM are obviously good but certainly not magical. Anyone who buys one should be happy but needs to remember they are not the be all and end all.

Don’t deny this at all bud , I jokingly go on about the TM ‘fairy dust’ crap but don’t buy in to the best gun there is end off that some spout I just think there a dam fine bit of kit and as I do have to confess I’m one of those guys that’ll totally bollox a gun just by thinking about opening them up , let alone actually doing it when it comes to gun tec work I’m an utter Neanderthal ! So I’ve always been a fan of them due to how reliable they are out of the box and just how good they are to use without ever needing to open them. 👍

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Aaaaarghhhh, TM fan boy in disguise, run for the hills.......(j/k, doesn’t matter how far you run, a TM will outrange you 😂)

Lmao... Nice one sir, that got laugh of the night from me!

I want to use all the weapons I have and would feel guilty if any never got used as that would be a waste.

I also regard them as investments that can be sold on when no longer needed.

That's why its important to look after them.

• Supporters

Think I'm on about.. 20-something long guns and maybe a dozen pistols... ish?  Fuckin barely use any of them, from an airsoft context my RIF/gear collection is so massively OTT it's retarded.  For me it's about the customisation process with RIFs and collecting/reviewing with gear, bit of photography in the mix, it just happens that airsoft was the original catalyst for all the above and I've changed focus now but I still play very occasionally for the social element.  My stuff all lives at home, I take lots of pictures, upload them to 'the cloud' and then I have something to write about while I'm here in the barrack block; that's just what I like doing, it's an acceptable justification to the NSSF for getting a shot show badge and as an armourer with a kit fetish my long term plan is to (hopefully) move in to one of those industries once I get out.

I don't care if someone has no such reasons for what they buy though.  As long as you're not hurting anyone or directly impinging upon anyone else's life, then spend however much you like on whatever tf you like and I will absolutely cheer you on all the way.  One of the greatest freedoms of being an adult in the west.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Seven said:

@CKinnerley didn't know you were a armourer! I'm guessing army. AeM!

I think the only place it's permanently mentioned is my little instagram 'bio' thingy on my account page which is one of those things people never ever look at.  The army would've suited me better in terms of being a gun nerd, but I wanted to be aircrew originally, it turned out I was too blind, but they'd suckered 17-year-old me in with cool videos of jets blasting off in to the sunset and beach volleyball at that point, so I went for the next job down the list that was to do with weapons.  In retrospect now I've done some time, I know there are posts in the army I'd love to go in to, but I do enjoy my cushy uniformed civvie job to be brutally honest.

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 23:49, Asomodai said:

17... and have only been playing for a year and 7 months...

I buy awkward rifles that do not take the standard upgrade path and try to make them fire as good as a standard M4.

My wife would kill me if she saw them all in the same place!

Welp. That lasted long. ....18

You make me feel like an underachiever I only been playing for less than a year and only have an AEG and pistol, think I need to start buying more ha ha

Just now, Keldon said:

You make me feel like an underachiever I only been playing for less than a year and only have an AEG and pistol, think I need to start buying more ha ha

Don't stop on my account!

1 minute ago, Asomodai said:

Don't stop on my account!

What don't stop being a underachiever or don't stop buying more? 😄

16 minutes ago, Keldon said:

What don't stop being a underachiever or don't stop buying more? 😄

Don't buy more once you go down the slippery slope there's no way back.

8 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Don't buy more once you go down the slippery slope there's no way back.

Its so hard to resist they is so much I have seen and so much that I want! 😂

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I must be a rare airsofter because I don't want a big collection.

Main, a spare and couple of pistols is more than enough for me.

Only about 7 of the ones I own are serious skirmishing guns . Unless I'm holding a springer pistol game then there's quite a few I have the option of. A few of the springers are collectibles and a few collectible gas guns

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I must be a rare airsofter because I don't want a big collection.

Main, a spare and couple of pistols is more than enough for me.

I'm with you on this. Like I said earlier in the thread, 4 will be my limit. Certainly seems like a rare breed, hahaha.

1 minute ago, EDcase said:

We'll see how long that lasts :D:D:D:D ;)

Honestly, I can pretty much guarantee it unless someone comes out with a shit hot GBB M41A or GBB Morita Mk1. Then I may be tempted.

AEG's don't excite me at all.

On 09/02/2019 at 21:20, Nick G said:

I've just been thinking I need to update the gun list on my profile and found myself thinking How many ? ! Now I know the answer to the question 'how many guns do you need' is the same as for guitars......'just one more' but my arsenal now contains : Scar, MP5, XR5, Steyr, AK , GBB L85 and G36, L96 , G18, 1943 spec 1911 and a newly acquired 1911 MEU 

Do I have an addiction ? How many is actually too many ?

too many? Not such thing as too many

Also I ahve 8 soon to be 9 rifles.

And and 10 pistols. 

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Seven said:

Honestly, I can pretty much guarantee it unless someone comes out with a shit hot GBB M41A or GBB Morita Mk1. Then I may be tempted.

AEG's don't excite me at all.

Doesn't matter what it is a copy of it is just a bb flinger.  As long as mine works the best it possibly can then why do I need anymore is my philosophy.

Don't need ten guns just the "best gun"

Archived