How many guns ?

Nick G
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Nobody bats and eye lid when someone has more than 5 guns but as soon as someone buys some crye's or anything gearwhore-ish everyone looses their mind 🤔

BUT to be fair I’ve never met anyone who went out and bought those 5 guns at the same time ? 

Dont get me wrong I do like Crye kit (I still have one of there 1st gen UBACS and did have the trousers until they literally fell apart) I do think a lot of players (me included) can’t get there heads around the idea of paying £3-400 for a plate carrier , and it’s the same when someone says they dropped £1300 on a real ops-core lid ! Now I know it’s your own money and you can spend it on what ever YOU want (I’ve done it often enough my self) but I (and a lot of others) do think you have to be mental to drop that kind of money on real kit ! 👍

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

BUT to be fair I’ve never met anyone who went out and bought those 5 guns at the same time ? 

Dont get me wrong I do like Crye kit (I still have one of there 1st gen UBACS and did have the trousers until they literally fell apart) I do think a lot of players (me included) can’t get there heads around the idea of paying £3-400 for a plate carrier , and it’s the same when someone says they dropped £1300 on a real ops-core lid ! Now I know it’s your own money and you can spend it on what ever YOU want (I’ve done it often enough my self) but I (and a lot of others) do think you have to be mental to drop that kind of money on real kit ! 👍

I agree with you but and playing devils advocate here.... lets say you have a couple of TM guns and at current cost you are looking at maybe £300-£500 depending on the gun and where its sourced from, you could at any time slip/trip/fall/break said gun to the point you have to pay near enough the same to fix it or buy a new one to replace it. How is that any different to buying an expensive pair of trousers and ripping them and then having to replace them? Some people acquire kit over time and don't spend the outlay all at once which seems to be the big misconception behind a lot of the gearwhore haters. Some people will also buy rare guns that go into the high hundreds that rarely ever skirmish but will wear viper or TMC etc. I for example might buy all high end gear crye, UF Pro, Arcteryx etc but rock about with a cyma AK. I generally wear solid colour combats so I can also wear them for multiple uses and I know a few people that use their high end gear like helmets etc because they do other pursuits like rock climbing, one is even mountain search and rescue so has a high end helmet kit.

• Supporters

Comes down to personal choice in the end bud , luckily there in the minority but problems can start arising when you get the “this cost me XYZ ! “ types gobing off in the safe zone or on a thread , Unless your telling everyone where to get it from for half the price then I don’t actually care how much it cost nor do most others I’d have thought . If you’ve bought high end kit and your using it day to day as well that’s a sensible way to get your moneys worth out of it but spending how ever much on a Crye chassis ? Come on your hardly going to wear that on a daily basis ?🤫 me personally I’d even say having a real helmet and then saying “I'm using it for mountain rescue” is pushing it a bit as well , I’ve been climbing/mountaineering for most of my life and a ballistic rated helmet is the last helmet I’d want ! Even the most sooper dooper ‘ninja’ rated helmets going to be way too heavy for the purpose , I (like everyone else I know) use light weight climbing helmet’s that Have to be easily less than half the weight of a military skid if not more me ? I use a very nice ultra light lid from Grivel .

what it comes down too is it’s your money so spend it on what you want but don’t go around telling everyone how much it cost unless they ask and don’t try and legitimize it with silly reasons just say “ I wanted it so I bought it !” End off ! 😉

what I do ! 😂😂😂

13 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Comes down to personal choice in the end bud , luckily there in the minority but problems can start arising when you get the “this cost me XYZ ! “ types gobing off in the safe zone or on a thread 

You should see my £700 swat loadout...

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, heroshark said:

You should see my £700 swat loadout...

I’m just jealous! 😡

🤣🤣🤣

• Supporters
54 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Comes down to personal choice in the end bud , luckily there in the minority but problems can start arising when you get the “this cost me XYZ ! “ types gobing off in the safe zone or on a thread , Unless your telling everyone where to get it from for half the price then I don’t actually care how much it cost nor do most others I’d have thought . If you’ve bought high end kit and your using it day to day as well that’s a sensible way to get your moneys worth out of it but spending how ever much on a Crye chassis ? Come on your hardly going to wear that on a daily basis ?🤫 me personally I’d even say having a real helmet and then saying “I'm using it for mountain rescue” is pushing it a bit as well , I’ve been climbing/mountaineering for most of my life and a ballistic rated helmet is the last helmet I’d want ! Even the most sooper dooper ‘ninja’ rated helmets going to be way too heavy for the purpose , I (like everyone else I know) use light weight climbing helmet’s that Have to be easily less than half the weight of a military skid if not more me ? I use a very nice ultra light lid from Grivel .

what it comes down too is it’s your money so spend it on what you want but don’t go around telling everyone how much it cost unless they ask and don’t try and legitimize it with silly reasons just say “ I wanted it so I bought it !” End off ! 😉

what I do ! 😂😂😂

Unfortunately, a lot of the time you don't need to tell anyone what you paid for stuff. As soon as people spot the labels they either say "oo nice" or "WTF have you paid that much for a pair of trousers/chest rig/unicorn onesie for?!?!?!?". Some people just have a chip on their shoulder about what others choose to spend their money on.

I asked the Mrs to get me a more up to date gun encyclopedia for xmas.

In hindsight, the fact that she can now tell the difference between my aegs probably wasn't a good idea.

9 minutes ago, lukeB said:

I asked the Mrs to get me a more up to date gun encyclopedia for xmas.

In hindsight, the fact that she can now tell the difference between my aegs probably wasn't a good idea.

She won't even open it let alone read it?!?!?! 🤣

I only have the 1 gun at the moment (TM Hi-capa) that I'm working on fully upgrading to the point there will not be a single stock part remaining which will leave me with a stock Hi-capa again as a backup.

After that my next purchase will be an SRS and some basic upgrades to the base Hi-capa to act as a sidearm for the SRS and a backup to my primary Hi-capa.

Then if I get into IPSC/Practical shooting, like I'm wanting to do, then I'll add a TM M4 MWS to the collection.

That'll be my last ever gun purchase unless something catastrophically fails and then it'll just be a repair or replace.

So what's that? 4? That'll do me!

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

Some people just have a chip on their shoulder about what others choose to spend their money on.

I think that's true and can work both ways. Peoples expendable wealth is relative so someone with not as much may have gun envy and the person with more may not realise they may come across snooty even though to them it wasn't much. I've seen this in many hobbies.

I don't begrudge someone for spending a lot or a little but I guess it's if they consider how they put the message across and with text it can be taken multiple ways depending on the readers circumsatnces and opinion.

You get some members poo poo TM purchasers, that could be because it's out of their realms of purchasing or simply they don't know quality and so on. Or they've been there and know better etc... opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and sometimes they're shitty.

Personally I don't think it matters as long as the owner is happy and doesn't announce it knowing it will come across as nobbish. Prices are irrelevant as the reader could look it up if they're that interested. Links to kit may be more constructive and less c*nty.

Clearly that £700 Swat thread appeared he thought he'd spent a lot and was showboating. But to everyone else regardless of position just thought "Dick".... there's ways to and not to. He could have just said here's my swat loadout and I use this but he had to list it all with prices and just didn't get the fact he was received as a "Dick" (and poor at making videos :lol:) and blah, blah.... yawn.

21 minutes ago, Immortal said:

You get some members poo poo TM purchasers, that could be because it's out of their realms of purchasing or simply they don't know quality and so on. Or they've been there and know better etc... opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and sometimes they're shitty.

I've not encountered too many people like that. Very few actually.

I don't have ANY experience with other manufacturers but I'm smart with my money most of the time so I put a lot of research into most, if not all, of my purchases, Airsoft or otherwise, and I always get the best I can reasonably afford or am willing to spend based on an entertainment per £ ratio type calculation.

From that research I came to the conclusion that TM very rarely make a bad gun and are quite often the top of the respective category, so my Hi-capa purchase was an easy one and my MWS, when/if I get it, will also be a smart purchase.

Provided it works, provides me with little problem and I like it, fuck anyone that says it's shit, lol

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Seven said:

I only have the 1 gun at the moment (TM Hi-capa) that I'm working on fully upgrading to the point there will not be a single stock part remaining which will leave me with a stock Hi-capa again as a backup.

After that my next purchase will be an SRS and some basic upgrades to the base Hi-capa to act as a sidearm for the SRS and a backup to my primary Hi-capa.

Then if I get into IPSC/Practical shooting, like I'm wanting to do, then I'll add a TM M4 MWS to the collection.

That'll be my last ever gun purchase unless something catastrophically fails and then it'll just be a repair or replace.

So what's that? 4? That'll do me!

So you’ll have Triggers hi-capa instead of his broom ? 😂😂😂

48 minutes ago, Immortal said:

You get some members poo poo TM purchasers, that could be because it's out of their realms of purchasing or simply they don't know quality and so on. Or they've been there and know better etc... opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and sometimes they're shitty..

17 minutes ago, Seven said:

I've not encountered too many people like that. Very few actually.

Have seen it a couple of times on here not a lot but a few times , members who’ve a very high opinion of there own tec skills having a laugh at the expense of others extolling the virtues of buying TM guns buy saying the they can make any gun better by there ‘magical’ tec skills ? 

2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

So you’ll have Triggers hi-capa instead of his broom ? 😂😂😂

Excuse the ignorance but... What?!

I think I'm missing a reference here. lol

3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

what I do ! 😂😂😂

I do agree with you mate it’s stupid money for dressing up as soldiers but I guess people do the same for any hobby where the majority of the time it’s non transferable out of that hobby.

The brain bucket isn’t ballistic rated by the way probably should have mentioned that 😂

I couldn’t give two shits what others spend their money on. I think if people got less triggered and people were less showboaty the sport would be miles less segregated.

13 minutes ago, Seven said:

Excuse the ignorance but... What?!

I think I'm missing a reference here. lol

Triggers broom has had several new handles and a couple of new heads........But it's the same one he bought 😂 

19 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Triggers broom has had several new handles and a couple of new heads........But it's the same one he bought 😂 

Ahhhhh, never heard that before!

Yes, I guess so, but I'm under no illusion that when it's finished it won't be a TM anymore... It'll be a Guarder/AIP/Elite/Gunsmithbro/CowCow/AirsoftMasterpiece/Mapleleaf/AirsoftSurgeon mongrel Hi-Capa... But a beautiful mongrel it shall be! 😉

Edit: Maybe I should create a '£xxx Hi-capa build' thread with a parts list and price of each for some entertainment, lol.

Mr SWAT loadout (that poor guy will forever be known as £700 SWAT loadout guy) would have a stroke!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Have seen it a couple of times on here not a lot but a few times , members who’ve a very high opinion of there own tec skills having a laugh at the expense of others extolling the virtues of buying TM guns buy saying the they can make any gun better by there ‘magical’ tec skills ? 

You can get a better AEG for less cash than TM.

When it comes to pistols TM are king and pretty much the same with gas rifles at the moment. But with AEGs it is different. You can buy and upgrade a gun that will outperform NGRS range very easily for less cssh. There are also a few that off the shelf match its performance for a lot less cash.

TM are obviously good but certainly not magical. Anyone who buys one should be happy but needs to remember they are not the be all and end all.

2 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

There are also a few that off the shelf match its performance for a lot less cash.

I can vouch for that, should have seen the players reaction trying and failing to hit someone with his 416 (out of range) when I stood next to him and hit the guy within 3 shots with a gun that cost half as much 😂

34 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

When it comes to pistols TM are king and pretty much the same with gas rifles at the moment. But with AEGs it is different. You can buy and upgrade a gun that will outperform NGRS range very easily for less cssh. There are also a few that off the shelf match its performance for a lot less cash.

TM are obviously good but certainly not magical. Anyone who buys one should be happy but needs to remember they are not the be all and end all.

Absolutely no doubt. I hope I didn't come across as a fanboi... You pretty much just said what I was trying to convey.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Seven said:

Absolutely no doubt. I hope I didn't come across as a fanboi... You pretty much just said what I was trying to convey.

No worries pal you don't come across that way at all.

More aimed at the people who constantly post get a TM followed by "end of",  "best gun eva" or my personal favourite comments about joining the club like it is exclusive or something. NGRSs are probably as common as combat masheeps.

3 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

...aimed at the people who constantly post get a TM followed by "end of",  "best gun eva" or my personal favourite comments about joining the club like it is exclusive or something. NGRSs are probably as common as combat masheeps.

Well, that’s embarrassing, as it’s normally me. 🙈I just bought a TM M&P9L and haven’t even fired it (I won’t now) it doesn’t feel a patch on my AW SAI BLU 😂😂

47 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Likewise there are always those people that swear by their guns being the best thing since sliced bread and they fall short of hitting people by way more than they say their gun can hit.

Unfortunatley we live in a world where every persons possesions must be better than someone else’s because they own it.

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I use TM M&P9 and love it. Feels like a toy but works so well.

Aaaaarghhhh, TM fan boy in disguise, run for the hills.......(j/k, doesn’t matter how far you run, a TM will outrange you 😂)

Archived