Be careful emoji

ImTriggerHappy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

As a Moderator, I like to use the Father Ted emoji to give a subtle hint to be careful not to trigger some duffer or get triggered by one.

[or for those who do not appreciate the glory of TM fairy dust]

14 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

As a Moderator, I like to use the Father Ted emoji to give a subtle hint to be careful not to trigger some duffer or get triggered by one.

Haha, am I sensing a sly jab?

i thought the origins came from the macks airsoft dreamers thread, so theres a reaction that gives no points to sellers having ridiculous prices?  as everyone was using the laughing face and that was giving positive rep for nothing?

• Root Admin

Practically speaking I added it so that people could 'react' to stupid listings in the advertisements without giving dubious sellers a reputation boost (the 'funny' one people were using is worth a reputation point, the 'careful now' one is worth nothing).

This thread has given it the most wonderful christening though.

1 hour ago, kasaran said:

i thought the origins came from the macks airsoft dreamers thread, so theres a reaction that gives no points to sellers having ridiculous prices?  as everyone was using the laughing face and that was giving positive rep for nothing?

This is correct.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

I do appreciate the glory of TM fairy dust.

Because when people lose the rose coloured glasses they will pay people like me silly money to upgrade their Tm so it works as well as guns you can buy off the shelf that cost half as much.

I mean ok you get recoil but lets be fair that is weak, goes the wrong way, happens a fraction late and makes a stupid twang noise but yeah worth it🤷‍♂️

As for the fabled range and accuracy chuck a £20 rubber and nub in a specna and voila.

Fairy dust more like fairy fucking tale 😜

I would like to thank you all for a amusing lunch break for today. 

Though I do live by "everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter how wrong it is" my self and has done me well so far. 

• Supporters

21 Father Ted's and counting..

Screenshot_2019-02-09-13-58-02-1.png

1 hour ago, DontTellHimYourNamePike said:

Offended: "Resentful or annoyed, typically as a result of a perceived insult." (OED)

So for example, if some reacted to a post in a way which annoyed you because you perceived it as insulting, you would be offended.

Interesting. 

Wtf... Did a Google dictionary bot sign up to the forum just for this? This thread has more pull than I imagined!

On 09/02/2019 at 01:25, Resistor170 said:

If I am alive the day eating actual meat becomes illegal (which will happen because of the animal rights (made up by people) ) then I'll kill myself. And I'll tell my kids why, and I'll plant that rebellion in them, I'll make sure they join and fight for their freedom. 

If it happens it will not be about animal rights it will be about availability and sustainability , and of course animal right are made up by humans, the same way EVERYTHING is... But animals should have better living conditions when it comes to being bred for food, the same way kicking a dog to death should also be illegal!. 

But damn killing yourself? really, a slight over reaction no?

Archived