Be careful emoji

ImTriggerHappy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

What is up with the be careful emoji/notification?

Am I I the only one it pisses off?

Got a few and all I can think is "or fucking what"

You going to tell your dad?

Going to have a little temper tantrum and cry into your Crye hankie?

It's like that moron in a pub who says "watch yourself pal" which is Saturday night code for I have had one too many and need to go for a nap so please help.

Guess it was put in so people can let someone know they are being a bit nasty and and someone is about to melt away.  But fuck me it is annoying.

If used like it will be here then fine, ha ha etc. I've had "you can't say that!"  ample times in person which grates me and gets something along the lines of" I'll say what the f**k I want you p***k" back. This be careful emoji is the same. A simple pm to you would do, ONLY if you might not have known about something your saying. A public be careful emoji would grate me too. A lot of hyper sensitive people nowadays

Depends on the context. I have used it jokingly and in seriousness. Usually people get it ;)

16 minutes ago, Samurai said:

Who is that guy anyway? I mean the emoji itself.

It's weird indeed.

xuXQjxMM

• Supporters

I thought it was just a piss take , hadn’t realised it had a ‘serious’ meaning as well , doh ! 😳

So in response to this if anyone should feel offended by anything I have or do say then from the very very bottom of my colon I am truly truly ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not bothered , not even the slightest at all , sorry . 

I’ll just let the god that is Stephen Fry sum it up for anyone who should feel ‘offended’ .

C8D0DF79-8555-4C8F-9019-EC982845403F.jpeg

P.S. if you ARE still feeling offended and do need some sympathy then please look in the dictionary and you’ll find it between shit and syphilis .👍 have a nice life . 😁

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I think I will just stick with telling people to wind their neck in and stop being a prick because sometimes the old fashioned way is best.

When something is perfect as is why try and change it ? 

14 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Yep it is an irritating twatish little emoji designed for the millennial generation.

I doubt it is. Not many millennials born after the 98' would get the reference. 

To hell with feeling bad or angry about someone using it on something I wrote... Im of the same mind as Mr Fry, if your offended, that's a shame but it's not my problem.

I'll take my emoji and wear it like a badge of honour... My 'edge lord' badge for being super cool and edgy! Hahaha

I'll just leave these here... This guy is hilarious and sadly on the button with most subjects...

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

I thought it was just a piss take , hadn’t realised it had a ‘serious’ meaning as well , doh ! 😳

So in response to this if anyone should feel offended by anything I have or do say then from the very very bottom of my colon I am truly truly ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not bothered , not even the slightest at all , sorry . 

I’ll just let the god that is Stephen Fry sum it up for anyone who should feel ‘offended’ .

C8D0DF79-8555-4C8F-9019-EC982845403F.jpeg

P.S. if you ARE still feeling offended and do need some sympathy then please look in the dictionary and you’ll find it between shit and syphilis .👍 have a nice life . 😁

It looks like Steven fry said that before he joined the BBC. But at the same time the country loves him so he gets that free pass

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, Seven said:

To hell with feeling bad or angry about someone using it on something I wrote... Im of the same mind as Mr Fry, if your offended, that's a shame but it's not my problem.

I'll take my emoji and wear it like a badge of honour... My 'edge lord' badge for being super cool and edgy! Hahaha

Think you are missing the point. I doubt anyone feels bad or angry when someone posts it. The point is it is a pathetic little halfway passive aggressive bit of twaddle. Society has become a bit sad when we now an I might get offended emoji.

Lets just go back to asking people if they have a problem and telling them to not be an irritating c**t.

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Yep it is an irritating twatish little emoji designed for the millennial generation.

I think I will just stick with telling people to wind their neck in and stop being a prick because sometimes the old fashioned way is best.

Always best. The closer you get to hunter gatherers the better 😂. Fuck knows what people will be like in 100 years but I am glad I'll be long dead by then. If I am alive the day eating actual meat becomes illegal (which will happen because of the animal rights (made up by people) ) then I'll kill myself. And I'll tell my kids why, and I'll plant that rebellion in them, I'll make sure they join and fight for their freedom. 

I went off on one there but at the same time it was the only obvious thing to say. 

1 hour ago, Seven said:

I'll just leave these here... This guy is hilarious and sadly on the button with most subjects...

It's not the same as each to their own opinion. It is someone trying to suppress your opinion. Which most definitely would piss me off. Simple reply back and all is forgiven but if they say it again and again then that's proper opresssion no? 

To be honest the saddest part is these people - in my experience - tend to be the people who believe in all things good and 'tolerance' etc

Fuckin’ hell. Who lit the fuse on your tampon? 😂

Was that emoji ever intended as something serious? I just used it when a comment was funny but likely to get someone’s back up. For example:

i think all HPA users like to spray BB’s everywhere out of frustration because their mums Lycra rubs their manjinas. 

41 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Think you are missing the point. I doubt anyone feels bad or angry when someone posts it. The point is it is a pathetic little halfway passive aggressive bit of twaddle. Society has become a bit sad when we now an I might get offended emoji.

Lets just go back to asking people if they have a problem and telling them to not be an irritating c**t.

Oh I agree. Its just that in the OP you stated that it pisses you off that it exists and also when people use it on one of your posts.

I wouldn't be getting out of joint over it. Snowflakes will be snowflakes. They need a safe space remember! 😉

I find it especially hilarious that we as a collection of nations are actively recruiting them to possibly fight wars for us. Lemme grab the popcorn coz this is gonna be funny...

2276.jpg.c7ee4d847db5f6186569143913028a91.jpg

34 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

Always best. The closer you get to hunter gatherers the better 😂. Fuck knows what people will be like in 100 years but I am glad I'll be long dead by then. If I am alive the day eating actual meat becomes illegal (which will happen because of the animal rights (made up by people) ) then I'll kill myself. And I'll tell my kids why, and I'll plant that rebellion in them, I'll make sure they join and fight for their freedom. 

I went off on one there but at the same time it was the only obvious thing to say. 

It's not the same as each to their own opinion. It is someone trying to suppress your opinion. Which most definitely would piss me off. Simple reply back and all is forgiven but if they say it again and again then that's proper opresssion no? 

To be honest the saddest part is these people - in my experience - tend to be the people who believe in all things good and 'tolerance' etc

oh, Im all for tolerance. It's a good thing and it makes us, in my opinion, better and stronger as a nation and species. But there is a difference between tolerance and oppression.

I hate to use religion as an example as it usually leads to fights, but fuck it... Here we go...

Some religions say don't do this, don't eat that, you must do this etc etc.

That's all very well and good, charge on! Have fun with that! I won't force you to do anything you don't wanna do...

But the day people who observe these 'laws' try and tell me I can't do it because they can't... Shits gonna go down!

Vegans are another example... Morons attacking butchers with verbal abuse and threats of physical violence recently.

It's insane.

As you said, it's oppression.

Im of the mind that anyone can do, be, eat etc whatever the hell they want as long as it has no negative, oppressive effects on anyone else. You wanna be vegan? More bacon for us! Happy days! But try and ban bacon and there will be a bacon crusade! lol

my-forbid-me-you-do-not-understand-then-as-believe-5374904.png.b9397a7735814a4c6b8f768452b52972.png

17 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Fuckin’ hell. Who lit the fuse on your tampon? 😂

Was that emoji ever intended as something serious? I just used it when a comment was funny but likely to get someone’s back up. For example:

i think all HPA users like to spray BB’s everywhere out of frustration because their mums Lycra rubs their manjinas. 

Post is about people who use it seriously

3 minutes ago, Seven said:

Oh I agree. Its just that in the OP you stated that it pisses you off that it exists and also when people use it on one of your posts.

I wouldn't be getting out of joint over it. Snowflakes will be snowflakes. They need a safe space remember! 😉

I find it especially hilarious that we as a collection of nations are actively recruiting them to possibly fight wars for us. Lemme grab the popcorn coz this is gonna be funny...

oh, Im all for tolerance. It's a good thing and it makes us, in my opinion, better and stronger as a nation and species. But there is a difference between tolerance and oppression.

I hate to use religion as an example as it usually leads to fights, but fuck it... Here we go...

Some religions say don't do this, don't eat that, you must do this etc etc.

That's all very well and good, charge on! Have fun with that! I won't force you to do anything you don't wanna do...

But the day people who observe these 'laws' try and tell me I can't do it because they can't... Shits gonna go down!

Vegans are another example... Morons attacking butchers with verbal abuse and threats of physical violence recently.

It's insane.

As you said, it's oppression.

Im of the mind that anyone can do, be, eat etc whatever the hell they want as long as it has no negative, oppressive effects on anyone else. You wanna be vegan? More bacon for us! Happy days! But try and ban bacon and there will be a bacon crusade! lol

That's exactly what I'm saying but I think we just used 'tolerance' in a different way. Sometimes when I've seen tolerance on banners etc it seems to be a "we are the innocent ones" when actually it's the opposite but most people wouldn't have the brain power to see past their banner

7 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

That's exactly what I'm saying but I think we just used 'tolerance' in a different way. Sometimes when I've seen tolerance on banners etc it seems to be a "we are the innocent ones" when actually it's the opposite but most people wouldn't have the brain power to see past their banner

Yeah, when I say tolerance I mean it doesn't matter if you're black, white, gay, straight, man, women, attack fuckin helicopter. Nobody should be treated any differently based solely on these and other differences... I treat people differently based on their actions and attitude.

1 minute ago, Seven said:

Yeah, when I say tolerance I mean it doesn't matter if you're black, white, gay, straight, man, women, attack fuckin helicopter. Nobody should be treated any differently based solely on these and other differences... I treat people differently based on their actions and attitude.

Yeah same. And you forgot transgender and bathtub. Feel we are going slightly off topic here though. 

What I'm getting at is I bet a lot of these tolerance banner wavers would be some of the worst culprits for telling people what they shouldn't say just in case it might offend someone

And this is the problem. Keep all this "be careful" shite up and look at the mess it'll make in the future

Don't say that, it might offend him = opression

I thought it was just a daft icon, like a 'Carry On' kind of Kenneth Williams thing. It doesn't bother me what icons people put on my posts.

If they really don't like what I say they can report it if it's offensive. Otherwise I don't give it much thought as I'm not that sensitive, it's the internet.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Druid799 said:

hadn’t realised it had a ‘serious’ meaning as well

It has no meaning beyond what people project on to it.

Which is why this entire thread is comedy gold.

• Supporters

This cheered me up this morning. Had a proper chuckle reading this.

The time it should be used is when someone gets some facts wrong(basically everything I post it would seem!), let’s others and the OP know that there’s something slightly amiss with their post.

I do agree that a good old “Wind your neck in” works, but sometimes I can’t be asked with the following arguments.

• Supporters

I rest my case “Me lud” 🤣🤣

I love it that a teenie tiny piccy of Father Ted causes so much consternation.

Let us all just respect each other’s opinions and be cautious and balanced in all we do.........😆

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Let us all just respect each other’s opinions and be cautious and balanced in all we do.........😆

Nah bollox ! 

🤣🤣🤣

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I love it that a teenie tiny piccy of Father Ted causes so much consternation.

Where’s the fun In that?

Archived