Sign in to follow this  
Resistor170

Handbags!

I want to put out an idea which might not be OK to put in place as it could cause a lot of forum rules to be broken but worth asking. 

Can we have a special thread for people to come to to carry on their disagreements with each other instead of de-railing the origional post? I've just been part of this. Basically three of us ended up taking up a lot of the space/time disagreeing over something that had nothing to do with the original post's question. I have seen it before as well. Really is annoying when you Google something and get a forum thread with little answer to your question and a load of off topic handbags instead! 

So I think it would be good if people who want to go off topic can just create a new post to carry on their handbags instead of bulking out a thread with junk. 

Idea being a locked forum title (place for handbags or a better relevant name)or thread and then when or if you start to go off topic with someone then they can just say "let's finish this off in handbags" and make a new sub thread in that. Then when they've finished it's done and delete. 

... Or maybe that's what pm's can be used for? 🤔

It's not very well named, but that's what this thread is for:

Edit: Renamed the thread now. 

But yes, please direct rants here.

Off-topic posts and thread de-railments get moved there, generally, most of the time, occasionally, when we can, often. :)