Re-kitting up

Downrange
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, 

I sold all my guns and kit about 5 years back before joining the forces, but looking to get back into it now I've got more time. So wondering what's changed and what's good to look out for? I'll probably be looking for an m4 variant, glock and some sort of blank greande once I've got a valid defense again so has anyone got any recommendations or warnings?

Cheers 

Tokyo Marui

Tokyo Maru

Tokyo Mar

Tokyo Ma

Tokyo M

Tokyo

Toky

Tok

To

T

Tr

Tru

Trus

Trust

Trust M

Trust Me

Trust Me M

Trust Me M8

Trust Me M8!

• Supporters

What's the budget?  Can't say anything much without knowing that.  Also depends a bit where you're going to play, indoors or out.  To be entirely generic, a relatively short barrelled Krytac AR variant of some sort with a TM G19 and a TRMR in a pouch will have you sorted for any situation.

If you want any advice on actual gear if you're after something different to what's issued feel free to just pm me/dm on my FB page or IG.

Id probably be looking for around £500 all in if that's do able, I'd mostly be looking at indoors but do enjoy the odd woodland game.

I've got enough issued kit to tide me over untill I can build a budget for some new gear.

• Supporters

That’s a big budget. More than enough to get started. 

Are you keener on gear or guns? Ie where would you prefer to spend the most. 

Rifle, I always recommend the G&G CM16(can be had for £99) but as you have a bigger budget,  I’d possibly go towards more of the Predator/Warthog/Raider 2.0. (If you want to spend more of your budget on a main RIF, possibly look at some of the ICS and Specna Arms Makes)- as you are mostly indoors, perhaps look at the FireHawk and ARP556.

Pistol, 2 ways to get a well performing Glock, either buy TM from New, or buy a WE glock and the Maple Leaf hop Set for it.

Charger, IMAX B6AC from Hobby King/Component shop.

Batterys, Turnigy From Hobby King.

Gear, Top end, WAS stuff from UK tactical, Lower end, (depending on how energetic you are) Anything from ebay/patrol base.

Most important things to get are GOOD Boots and GOOD eyepro(which I imagine you already know)

Thanks for the replies so far gents, I'll start having a browse through some of the recommendations. Hoping to get my return game in asap when I find a solid site close to Leeds. 

Definitley keener on having good guns than kit, used to just run a light belt kit crye trousers and softshell most of the time.

Cheers

If you're still in the forces have you or can you get your hands on some revision glasses(I've got the ants and no thats not a STD) you should be sorted for boot and cammys too if not network brother theres always that bloke who can get you anything(wink wink). So hopefully most of your cash can go on your RIFs £500 is a lot of buying power so enjoy the shopping around bit and keep us informed of what you got.

Welcome back to airsoft your bank account will never be the same again👍

1st thing to do is trawl the shops and pick the model of gun you like the look of then decide what features you want ie metal/plastic body, recoil, bolt stop, burst fire

Check out Fubar Bundy near White Rose and there's Patrolbase in Huddy. Always good to see as many options as possible.

The G&G rifles are very good as are the Specnas; really fancy one of their 416's. You pay more for guns with trades.

Make sure you find out what batteries the aeg's take to avoid not having enough space or enough power. 

Sort out your eyepro asap.

Have fun. 

• Supporters
18 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

One warning

DONT LISTEN TO THE TM FANBOYS^^^^^^^^^^

Look out, he's back!

• Supporters
22 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Bless have you missed me?

Yeah....like totally. 

;)