Woman in need of apparel advice!

CharlieKilo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So my husband has been airsofting for a good 15 years now and I'm super keen to join him but the only tactical kit I can find for women is in the £300 range!

I already own a fair few pairs of camo trousers but I'm more concerned about my squishy torso so wondered if you guys had any suggestions for comfy tactical vests with a lot of chest room or if you had seen any women playing with some comfy looking kit!?

Please help a lady out!

Femme Fatale did some reviews in AA recently, there may be similar on her website/Instagram.

We have a girl on our team and she uses chest rigs but configures them to be under her bust (shes rather large chested) and that works well for her. She also found the issue of finding trousers a little difficult in women's cut but settled with brands like 5.11, helikon and at the higher end of the price range UF PRO (the elastic waistband which is adjustable is a god send especially after Christmas 🤣). As a user of UF PRO products as well I can attest to their quality but like i say that comes with a price tag. I believe there is a women of airsoft facebook page knocking about somewhere, where you may be able to get more info on what fits women best but i suppose it depends on what gear you specifically want to use.

Have a gander on facebook for the group, if not ill see if my team mate can offer any advice.

https://tactree.co.uk/clothing/womens-clothing/womens-trousers

As others have said femme fatale did some reviews and could check out p90girl she has done a couple of podcasts with the chairsofter show. Which she talks about woman's clothes and if I remember rightly I think 5.11 do a woman's range. 

on a side note, it may be worth looking in army surplus stores as well for things like shirts/jackets. particularly with women now being allowed in frontline combat roles.

if you can get your head around the NATO sizing standards there will almost certainly be something out there that is already tailored to your shape.

In terms of kit to hold stuff - perhaps just a really good belt system rather than a plate carrier or chest rig?

• Supporters
4 hours ago, CharlieKilo said:

So my husband has been airsofting for a good 15 years now and I'm super keen to join him but the only tactical kit I can find for women is in the £300 range!

I already own a fair few pairs of camo trousers but I'm more concerned about my squishy torso so wondered if you guys had any suggestions for comfy tactical vests with a lot of chest room or if you had seen any women playing with some comfy looking kit!?

Please help a lady out!

As others have said, try having a look at Femme Fatale's blog http://www.femmefataleairsoft.co.uk/2018/04/lbx-small-modular-plate-carrier-0300s.html I gues it depends on what you define as "a lot of chest room" though as having met Kelly she's quite little! If you want load carrying a belt or chest rig may be easier to fit but if you want protection then plate carriers/armour vests may be a better bet.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, CharlieKilo said:

or if you had seen any women playing with some comfy looking kit!?

Yes, jeans and a hoodie.

Camo doesn't do much in airsoft since there's so much movement.  A vest is dress-up: nothing wrong with that, but you don't need one.  A belt works fine, and the best fun I've had is running around without any sort of gear, and mags in my pockets.

Maybe give it a go first and see what folk are using (or not using) at your local site before making any decisions.

Further from my last post - I really like traditional webbing systems cos it keeps stuff off my chest so I can go prone.  Could work for you for different reasons.  Maybe a Russian SMERSH system? 4 ammo pouches, plenty of room to add extra pouches, padded belt and a utility rucksack all in one.  Rugged, comfy as well and not that expensive.

https://grey-shop.ru/Smersh-AK

• Supporters

When my wife played she used to swear by her Blackhawk omega tac vest .

• Supporters
9 hours ago, CharlieKilo said:

my squishy torso so wondered if you guys had any suggestions for comfy tactical vests with a lot of chest room

it would prob be easier to assess your needs if you were to post up some pics to "guide" us ? 😉

Blank stare _ memes _ Pinterest _ Psychopath, The bubble ___.jpg

• Supporters

lol, its not my fault, I grew up in the era of "carry on" films, I cant help myself 😋

Adding Text To An Image In FrontPage(1).gif

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

it would prob be easier to assess your needs if you were to post up some pics to "guide" us ? 😉

We need a rolling eyes "like" button for this 😛  

I'm of the more curvy form and end up playing in walking trousers (can't beat crag hoppers for wear vs value). I don't like weight/pressure on my chest so I run a belt with various pouches. Or in the winter I have been simply wearing my lovely warm and waterproof green army jacket (am sure @Smooth_Operator will say exactly what it is) and keeping everything in the massive pockets on it :D

1 hour ago, Arwen said:

We need a rolling eyes "like" button for this 😛  

I'm of the more curvy form and end up playing in walking trousers (can't beat crag hoppers for wear vs value). I don't like weight/pressure on my chest so I run a belt with various pouches. Or in the winter I have been simply wearing my lovely warm and waterproof green army jacket (am sure @Smooth_Operator will say exactly what it is) and keeping everything in the massive pockets on it :D

The warm jacket I got @Arwen for Xmas is a Solder 95 issue PCS Thermal Jacket - lovely bit of kit!

Here's a link.

If you decide to go down the 'belt and braces' approach, I have a heap of German Army issue pouches, belts, shoulder harnesses and additional pads for the straps & belts that could really do with a new home.

This sort of stuff:

1271669_130206212216_01adampfer_(89).JPG.3d2477c92c36273bb1f1b4913fa3570c.JPG

Drop myself or @Arwen a PM if we can help at all. :) 

They're probably more dress up than actually practical but the are a few "tactical corsets" available that sit round the waist rather than over the chest

• Supporters

bit of kit I cant recommend enough (I've got 2), bulle mle, the dogs wotsits for very little money, a nice hybrid between traditional belt & yoke type webbing & a chest rig, buy one & you'll never regret it.

images show it at its shortest settings, there's alot more adjustment available.

(available at flecktarn.co.uk)

Olive Bulle MOLLE MLE Harness.jpg

Olive Bulle MOLLE MLE Harness(1).jpg

Archived