Changing Guns, opinions required

BikerSteve
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

I made a silly mistake a few months back, I purchased an airsoft rifle having never played before. It became very quickly apparent that I had made a bad choice with my JG G36c, I felt it was too heavy, too big and just wasn't my thing. I very quickly bought a WE G34 before my second game, and absolutely love running pistol for the weight and size. 

However, I want to now look at another rifle, something light, small, well made. I've been doing a lot of research and I really like the ARP-556, it seems to be just what I want, the pickle I'm in is the only reviews I can find online come from the YouTubers paid to say good stuff. 

So my question is, what are owners opinions of this gun, or do you have any suggestions similar guns? (M4 mags are a big factor) 

tl;dr, want small and lightweight, arp 556 or another gun? 

A JG G36c is too heavy? They are considered lightweight. In fact its 2.7kg where the ARP556 is about 2.6kg. 100grams difference is not worth it. Get a better thicker harness setup!

• Supporters

if lightweight is what your after then the polymer framed m4's aren't a bad shout, even an alu framed m4 can be made very handy with the right choice of barrel and rail.

mate of mine has a plastic reciever combat machine, although it might look like a rental gun after some careful tweaking (read a titan on 11.1 lipo, some gearbox tweaking and a flathop) it sure don't shoot like one and it weighs next to nothing.

other alternative, although total weight is pretty heavy is a nice aksu, surprisingly handy little rifle with pretty good ergonomics that make it feel much lighter than it is when using it.

Another option is a bullpup design whilst not always lighter the weight is at the rear in the shoulder, so can feel lights to use. 

Something like an EVO or TM GBB MP7?

Out of interest what age/size are you - that may be a factor....

TM p90 is very light weight and small with all the weight at the rear supported on your shoulder. Just switch to MAG  170 rd mid cap mags as the hi caps are unreliable.

have a look at GNG cm16 range, such as the predator are quite nice. Alternatively, have a look at some PDW style setups, I would recommend heading over to Combat UK as they have an amazing range for this type of stuff👍

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, adox said:

have a look at GNG cm16 range, such as the predator are quite nice. Alternatively, have a look at some PDW style setups, I would recommend heading over to Combat UK as they have an amazing range for this type of stuff👍

They do have an amazing range, but they are a touch expensive. We get 10% off everything there and they are still 10-15% more expensive than other retailers.  Saying that, the guys are nice and friendly. 

28 minutes ago, Prisce said:

They do have an amazing range, but they are a touch expensive. We get 10% off everything there and they are still 10-15% more expensive than other retailers.  Saying that, the guys are nice and friendly. 

The guys in there are really helpful and the service is top notch. Which I am personally willing to pay for, especially since I can go in store as it is the closest store to me. - I used to buy from Patrol base and I had a problem with the gun I bought, they were very helpful but the process was much more difficult in terms of postage and cost etc. For me Combat Uk.

JG MP5 , mine is about the lightest gun I own. Inexpensive but ridiculously good out of the box. 

Archived