First Russian rifle: Opinions on ASP/JG SVU Bullpup DMR and AY VSS

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all.

I have been thinking about getting a Russian rifle for a little while and I have narrowed it down to the Forcecore/AY VSS and the ASP/JG SVU. 

Looking for either to be a DMR. Has anyone got any opinions on the characteristics of them? What are they like to handle? Balance? How to attach a scope?

Upgrade potential? There is very little out there on these. 

Cheers!

ay-vss-vintorez-207-p.jpg

eng_pl_SWU-Sniper-Rifle-Replica-1152210449_1.jpg

43 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

No personal experience, but this may help. 

It certainly does look quality for CYMA. A beast to take apart though! 

I am definitely leaning more towards the SVU. The AY/Forcecore VSS is not worth it from what I hear. I would have to push for an LCT to get something on par with this. The LCT is 350 quid though...

On 06/02/2019 at 22:13, Asomodai said:

How to attach a scope?

The SVU scope mounts on the rifle itself has a tendency for parts of it to break off if the Russian optic mounting system is mounted too tight and the SVU from my experience need an r-hop straight out of the box to be worth using.    

May I be somewhat impertinent and ask why you have not decided on an AK, be it traditional wood & steel or tactical variant? 

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Sniper780 said:

May I be somewhat impertinent and ask why you have not decided on an AK, be it the correct wood & steel or heretical tactical variant? 

ftfy ;)

Ak doesnt have the dmr look. I went for the svu and put maple leaf nub and bucking alongside a crazy jet barrel in it

41 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:
12 hours ago, Sniper780 said:

May I be somewhat impertinent and ask why you have not decided on an AK, be it the correct wood & steel or heretical tactical variant? 

ftfy ;)

How could I have forgotten and committed such blasphemy against the Kalashnikov faith.  Thank you for the save. 

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

How could I have forgotten and committed such blasphemy against the Kalashnikov faith.  Thank you for the save. 

no problem my comrade, we must all work together!

Archived