MP5 SD wiring

lukeB
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know, another mp5 post😀

Picked up a used metal CA Mp5sd as a project gun. I think its a pro line (b&t with the slide hop adjustment)

Was planning on dropping in a titan, because every mp5 deserves to have 3 round burst. 

What has confused me is the way its wired, I was expecting it to be front wired. Its actually a rear wired gearbox, with an extra cable linking it to the front. 

It looks like running a cable directly from the gearbox into the front handguard, would require me to take the entire receiver apart every time I wanted to access the gearbox. Which is probably why they had that connecting cable in the first place.

Whats the best way to wire this up given that I'm getting a new titan gate?

20190206_162312.jpg

15494706443302634002497727969745.jpg

• Supporters

Get the rear wired Gate and keep a connector cable in there, change it to a better connector though - a decent Deans or an XT60 should fit in there.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Lozart said:

Get the rear wired Gate and keep a connector cable in there, change it to a better connector though - a decent Deans or an XT60 should fit in there.

+1 

The gate Titan removes all of the internal wiring of the gearbox (if you didn’t already know), it’s also wired to deans as standard(mine was).

Archived