Need single point sling

Marauder211
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I need a new single point sling for my other rifle (i am running one gun per loadout). The choice of colour is coyote brown to match my MTP. My other sling is made by Viper but i want to get something better. Atm i have a low budget so Condor, 5.11, and Magpul are out of the question. Cheers to everyone who helps out here.

47 minutes ago, Marauder211 said:

I need a new single point sling for my other rifle (i am running one gun per loadout). The choice of colour is coyote brown to match my MTP. My other sling is made by Viper but i want to get something better. Atm i have a low budget so Condor, 5.11, and Magpul are out of the question. Cheers to everyone who helps out here.

I got one of these  http://www.taiwangun.com/en/slings-slings-mounts/padded-single-point-sling-coyote-8fields  very nice indeed the only thing is maybe the shipping will go against it £12 something, hope this helps some🖖

51 minutes ago, Marauder211 said:

I can't help you out on what slings as I think my only single point is a viper too. But you might get more answers by creating a new topic/thread

12 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

I can't help you out on what slings as I think my only single point is a viper too. But you might get more answers by creating a new topic/thread

I thought about it but i thought that really, i'd be more likely to get an answer on a more active thread :)

18 minutes ago, StayOnTarget said:

I got one of these  http://www.taiwangun.com/en/slings-slings-mounts/padded-single-point-sling-coyote-8fields  very nice indeed the only thing is maybe the shipping will go against it £12 something, hope this helps some🖖

I saw the 8fields one, how long have you had it (how many games has it been used as well)? Any signs of wear?

1 minute ago, Marauder211 said:

I thought about it but i thought that really, i'd be more likely to get an answer on a more active thread :)

As I started writing that you did get a reply. I did have best intentions in mind and speaking of mind, I should just be minding my own business. 

21 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

As I started writing that you did get a reply. I did have best intentions in mind and speaking of mind, I should just be minding my own business. 

Bro, it's cool. I hope i didn't come off as defensive or as a bit of a knob, I totally get what you mean so there isn't any negativity at all. If you have anything that may be helpful then definitely throw it in, i'm very much in the same boat as you :). 

• Head Moderator

New topic created.  This is off-topic from Load Out Picture thread.

34 minutes ago, Marauder211 said:

Bro, it's cool. I hope i didn't come off as defensive or as a bit of a knob, I totally get what you mean so there isn't any negativity at all. If you have anything that may be helpful then definitely throw it in, i'm very much in the same boat as you :). 

No no you didn't come across like that at all. I just thought afterwards I didn't really need to make the comment and I am not a moderator. So I was literally just saying I should mind my own business!

9 hours ago, Marauder211 said:

I saw the 8fields one, how long have you had it (how many games has it been used as well)? Any signs of wear?

Ok not had it long and it will be skirmished in a couple of weeks I've had a good play with it and compared it to my LBX 2 point for stitching and what not and to be honest its just as good which hurts just a little as I paid nearly 3 times as much  as I've said before lesson learned. I suppose for you it depends how many skirmishes you're planning to do but honestly I cant see it failing it looks and feels solid.If you want I'll take some close ups of it and post them?

11 hours ago, Resistor170 said:

No no you didn't come across like that at all. I just thought afterwards I didn't really need to make the comment and I am not a moderator. So I was literally just saying I should mind my own business!

You don't need to worry about that :)

3 hours ago, StayOnTarget said:

Ok not had it long and it will be skirmished in a couple of weeks I've had a good play with it and compared it to my LBX 2 point for stitching and what not and to be honest its just as good which hurts just a little as I paid nearly 3 times as much  as I've said before lesson learned. I suppose for you it depends how many skirmishes you're planning to do but honestly I cant see it failing it looks and feels solid.If you want I'll take some close ups of it and post them?

Yeah please, dude :) my other sling is a viper tactical sling. It's lasted me okay but i know that i'll need something more durable as my MTP loadout is my main one (and thus will be used in more games.

Ok so I've posted some photos showing stitching,clip protection,reinforced stitching around the bungee cord and finally just a general shot of both slings,personally I would say the only thing the LBX has better is the  sling point clips seem just that bit tighter but that really is it. The material is the same stitching is good if not slightly better on the 8fields  the quick release clips on the 8fields are solid.padding is good and the sling point clip cover is fine and well stitched too. I've bought a chest rig and extra pouches all 8fields totally happy with them,Hope this helps 

sling 1__.jpg

sling 2__1549462347_79.68.109.251.jpg

sling 3__1549462389_79.68.109.251.jpg

sling 4__1549462430_79.68.109.251.jpg

• Supporters

This is what you need , 

The perfect sling

• Supporters

The ONLY single point sling I can recommend is the one I have which is a Ferro Concepts single point molle sling. Only problem is, they don't make it any more.

Other than that, Magpul ones are decent, the new generation MS1 with the right bits and clips and stuff makes a nice single point. 

Bungee slings are the devils work though.

2 minutes ago, Lozart said:

The ONLY single point sling I can recommend is the one I have which is a Ferro Concepts single point molle sling. Only problem is, they don't make it any more.

I have a WAS version, based on the same principle as the Ferro Concepts which seems to work well.

the big bonus with this type of miller single point sling is that when you drop the rifle to draw a pistol, the rifle is not falling down the centre. this means it hits your leg instead of more sensitive areas...

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

I have a WAS version, based on the same principle as the Ferro Concepts which seems to work well.

the big bonus with this type of miller single point sling is that when you drop the rifle to draw a pistol, the rifle is not falling down the centre. this means it hits your leg instead of more sensitive areas...

Bungee sling though, innit. I refer you to my previous comment.

I found the bungee to be ok in this case. it is fairly stiff so that it just takes the shock off dropping a rifle. I can't say that i have tried to stretch it particularly but it doesn't seem to stretch at all in my experience.

of course YMMV

horses for courses and all that.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

I found the bungee to be ok in this case. it is fairly stiff so that it just takes the shock off dropping a rifle. I can't say that i have tried to stretch it particularly but it doesn't seem to stretch at all in my experience.

of course YMMV

horses for courses and all that.

Bungee slings for real rifles will be made of stronger elastic (weight and all that) so with a bog standard airsoft rifle they'll do naff all. Airsoft bungee slings are made with knicker elastic and will have your unshouldered weapon bouncing about like a punk on speed. Either way a waste of time and money (in my ever so humble opinion of course).

The other issue I find is that on rifles without a sling swivel at the rear of the receiver (like a SCAR for instance) a fixed single point molle sling can be a pain in the arse to change shoulders to fire off hand. My M4s have ASAP plates fitted so it's a lot easier to transition and I now tend to use a Ferro Slingster for the SCAR and my M14. Of course if you have your moller sling on your weak side shoulder and set up to reach your normal shooting position it makes transitions easier and also gives you the benefit that if you drop your rifle to use a sidearm it's not hanging in the way of your draw...

that makes a lot of sense. and I definitely agree about the rear sling point potentially being a problem. I also run an asap sling plate which works really well as you say. 🙂

Archived