Project: Well MB09/10: All upgrades installed!

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well I have done it again and bought something that is going to be a little difficult in finding parts for! 

Well.jpg.45d5f8f40fa2bb606840a0ec52385be7.jpg

Gunfire were selling this peach of a Sniper Rifle for just £54. Supposedly VSR spec (Naaaah man). 

Mine is the real wood version, apparently firing between 400 and 450 FPS. It has not arrived yet. 

The main problem with this thing is that the outer barrel is not wide enough to accommodate an Action Army or indeed any aftermarket hop unit. So I am stuck with the standard one. I am also limited with what cylinder I can use. I did purchase an AirsoftPRO VSR arm and even that wont fit. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after much research I have come up with the following parts. 

Maple leaf 70 degree bucking - Already purchased this, might be a bit soft for the 500FPS aim, but I like them soft. I want to finish it off with a Maple Leaf Omega nub as well. 

TDC mod the current hop unit - Need to do this to combat the old VSR Swerve. Not sure whether to get a kit so it would have a knob to adjust, or just do it DIY and use an Allen key.

Action Army EG Barrel for VSR 430mm 6.03 - I don't want to spend too much and I have heard good things about these barrels. Due to the outer barrel I will likely need to cut this barrel down to get it to fit. 

AirsoftPRO Mag catch for VSR - Pretty certain this would fit the MB09. Just means I have a metal catch and lever. 

AirsoftPRO hop up lever for MB09 - Need to have a metal hop up lever for the TDC mod to have any sort of life. 

AirsoftPRO Full upgrade Zero Trigger set and cylinder/piston V4.1 - The big daddy, out of the box trigger and piston set and one of the best you can get, this directly drops into the MB09 with apparently no modification. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there anything here I may have forgotten? This is my first Bolty. 

Can’t be of much help, but one thing I will say, get a kit with a knob for TDC adjustment of hop. Using an Allen key is a fucking ball ache! Something I’ve learned from ares striker ownership. 

She has arrived! 450 FPS out of the box, no idea if she shoots straight though! 

Really loving the fluted barrel, so will have to stick with the stock hop unit and go with the TDC mod. 

Quick question, what is this random spring that came with the package? No idea where it is supposed to go...

MB09.thumb.jpg.13d7d9cf86398fe7c732a4e14776f106.jpgMB10spring.thumb.jpg.bbdbef423a1bfd2be4877c024a79a1bb.jpg

Purchased the following. 

Action Army EG Barrel for VSR 6.03 550mm (Need to dremel down to 505mm)

Airsoft Pro metal Magazine Catch for MB09. 

Airsoft Pro Full Upgrade Zero Trigger set v4.1, includes full CNC 0 degree trigger set, hybrid piston, spring guide, spring. 

Airsoft Pro Reinforced hop up lever for Well MB09. 

All for a cool £150 shipped. 

Picked up an AirsoftPRO VSR Cylinder for MB10. Didnt realise there was one that was even compatible. Another £40 :(

• 2 weeks later...

I have changed my Well MB10's stock bridged inner barrel to an unbridged AA VSR 6.03 barrel, Maple Leaf 70 degree VSR bucking and an AirsoftPro well specific metal hop up arm.

BBs are getting stuck in the bucking and it needs an incredible amount of force to poke out. It doesn't matter if the hop up is on or off though the arm does adjust as normal. Any ideas what could be the problem? Had to break off from looking at it but need to get it up and running for tomorrow. 

What is the most likely culprit?

11 hours ago, Steveocee said:

If BBs are getting stuck entering the bucking, a gentle sandng around the inner lips can help. Doesn't sound right though, can BBs feed through the bucking off the barrel?

Maybe a misformed rubber?

It was the new supposedly Well MB10 compatible Airsoft Pro hop arm. As the outer barrel is tapered and the arm is quite tall it was blocking all BBS from leaving the hop chamber regardless of setting. A quick bit of dremel action later and it works pretty well. 

Unfortunately I knackered the hop adjustment lever by stripping the screw that holds the lever. And had to superglue it down for now. Need to get a new Well Hop unit or TDC mod it Asap.

The upgraded Mag catch is really loose inside as well so will probably go back to the standard one. 

Managed to get through a half day of skirmish today though! Performed pretty OK considering the mild upgrades. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/02/2019 at 14:41, AndyDynamic said:

I think the spring is a spare for the mag catch? Apparently they can fall out easily on some models when being dismantled.

Thats correct, I had that confirmed a month ago. 

Just ordered the last of the parts, AirsoftPro Cylinder head, Cylinder and Bolt handle (All in black). 

Hopefully it will all go together smoothly. If not i'll just have to buy a Bar10 and install everything in there! 

Everything has arrived. 

I came across a few issues but everything has been fitted and seems to work fine. The M150 spring was shooting at 560fps. So tried to use my old spring, but I couldn't fit it on top of the new spring guide. Didn't realise that the spring guide had a cover that meant it could use wider springs, so took it off and fit the old spring on. 

Shooting 485FPS fairly consistently, so a 35FPS increase over the stock air seal components. The Airsoft Pro V4.1 mech box no longer accommodates for the Well Safety lever so had to leave it out. The trigger could not reset as it was rubbing against the wooden receiver, so I whittled down that section to keep it freely moving. 

The pull is actually slightly rougher then my stock cylinder, but will probably need a bit more lube. The new bolt handle is so much more heavy duty then the old one. 

So with a bit of fettling, everything went in!

I also managed to break some of the wood off surrounding the mag release, not a huge problem, just gorilla gluing the pieces back together as we speak! It's just for show as it does not affect the release. 

So I can confirm the following works with the MB09/MB10

AirsoftPro V4.1 Mech trigger and Piston set. 

AirsoftPro VSR Hop unit arm (The Well Specific one requires dremelling or else hop is always on too much due to the depth of the nub)

AirsoftPro VSR Cylinder Head (Straight type, rounded type might work as well)

AirsoftPro VSR Cylinder

AirsoftPro VSR Bolt Handle

AA VSR Inner Barrel (Had to cut down to 505mm)

Maple Leaf VSR 70 Degree Rubber

What DOESNT work with the MB09/MB10

AirsoftPro VSR Mag release, even though it states it works with the MB09/10, it is incredibly loose as the two pieces do not get held together with a screw like the stock one. 

All in all, pretty successful! It's a shame that their is no aftermarket hop unit that will fit. The new hop arm has meant that I don't get any of that VSR swerve so thinking of doing a TDC mod some other time. I do need to replace the stock hop unit with another as I had to Loctite the stripped hop lever into place, so whilst I do have hop adjustment, I cant take out the hop unit without destroying the lever. 

Next up is to varnish It, but that might take a while!

D54C0E69-E5A0-423D-BCF3-ADE97933D437.jpeg

6C00155A-844D-4C73-8C43-F155970B991D.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I have replaced the stripped part of the Hop unit with another. So everything appears to be finished now. I am still contemplating a TDC mod though!

Archived