Krytac White Mark removal

HarryBaker
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone has had the same "issue" and whether they know how to remove the White Mark that comes underneath the serial number on the Krytac guns. I got a LVOA-S yesterday and it has a mark as shown in the image. I've been told this is a quality control mark from Krytac but was wondering whether anyone knows how to remove this as it stands out like a sore thumb and is annoying the hell out of my OCD...

Any advice is appreciated 🙂

201902042242437764770797613164656.jpg

6 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Alcohol wipe? that's what i take off most adhesives with and small marks from pens etc. they tend not to be as harsh as things like acetone etc.

Ah cool will give that a try when home tonight

5 minutes ago, HarryBaker said:

Ah cool will give that a try when home tonight

Don't be too abrasive with it, I tend to hold the alcohol wipe on whatever I'm removing something from and then use a second cloth (if its less abrasive than the wipe itself) I'm assuming the lower receiver is actually that colour and not painted green?

Just now, clumpyedge said:

Don't be too abrasive with it, I tend to hold the alcohol wipe on whatever I'm removing something from and then use a second cloth (if its less abrasive than the wipe itself) I'm assuming the lower receiver is actually that colour and not painted green?

The Lower Receiver is Green and the white appears to be something on top of the paint. At first I thought it was Tipex but it seems to not be raised as you would expect. There's only 1 other post online on a Krytac forum which ended with somebody claiming it can be wiped off but didn't state what they used.

Just ordered some alcohol wipes so will see how that goes first.

1 minute ago, HarryBaker said:

The Lower Receiver is Green and the white appears to be something on top of the paint. At first I thought it was Tipex but it seems to not be raised as you would expect. There's only 1 other post online on a Krytac forum which ended with somebody claiming it can be wiped off but didn't state what they used.

Just ordered some alcohol wipes so will see how that goes first.

Just be careful then and only apply it directly to the white marking and you should be fine, when Ive used chalk pens on bits and pieces that are also painted the alcohol wipes do the job without removing the paint or smearing.

If you check out the Krytac technical forum you’ll see it’s an import mark for Europe.

Mine came off my Vector with a touch of rubbing alcohol

13 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

If you check out the Krytac technical forum you’ll see it’s an import mark for Europe.

Mine came off my Vector with a touch of rubbing alcohol

Awesome, thanks mate!

It isn't easy to get isopropyl alcohol in the UK, unless you order it online.

Well worth getting some though.

It's a great degreaser for barrels for example and for preparing surfaces for painting or gluing. It evaporates very quickly and leaves no traces or smells behind.

And it has plenty of uses as a cleaner other than in airsoft.

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

It's a great degreaser for barrels for example and for preparing surfaces for painting or gluing. It evaporates very quickly and leaves no traces or smells behind.

We used to have barrels of the stuff when I was an apprentice. That and Xylene. Damn, Xylene was great stuff. Brilliant fun in an ultrasonic cleaner....

5 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Really? I have an unlimited supply.

Generally though I use medical alcohol wipes

5 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I used nail polish remover 

(not mine , the mrs’ before you lot start!!)

white mark came off off with a quick gentle rub 👍

DO NOT DO THIS with normal npr, only the acetone free stuff

4 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

DO NOT DO THIS with normal npr, only the acetone free stuff

Didnt damage mine or remove any colour 

is the green a different , softer finish than the black?

i did try on an unobvious place initially , goes without saying? Non ?

I've ordered some medical Alcohol wipes that I will use. I do have 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol used to clean computer parts but was worried it might be too strong and do damage to the paint.

I'll give the wipes a test and if no luck use some of that to try get it off.

As mentioned, will use in a discreet place first ;)

• Supporters
On 05/02/2019 at 18:34, Asomodai said:

Just use deodorant. Lynx will do. That's what I use to clean all sorts of gunk off. 

But then his gun will smell of pre-pubescent desperation!

Mark came off with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol wipes.

Thanks for the advice guys looks much better now :D 

Archived