Good Camelback?

Mitchell Gee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi there, as it is summer now i have got thinking "im gonna need water" and being under 18 i cant get a water bottle to my mouth... and im not to keen on straws and all that... so whats a good camelback at a good price, that can be mounted onto a MOLLE vest?

Thanks,

Mitchell

im gonna buy arons 5.11, but i dont know whether it has the hydration sleeve in it as im not 100% sure what one it is... lemme see if i can find any info

EDIT: its the VTAC, so yes, it has a sleeve in it... what camalbak would you or anyone else recommend?

Aye ive got an exact same one (but in OD) and i theyre great! :D

Guessing you mean the actual water container not the MOLLE container now? Well if youve got a Go Outdoors or Outdoor World near you you could pick up a decent one from there? Or have a look on their website? Since they do quite good outdoor kit :)

Aye, looks alright, though remember to clean it, especially the drinking tube! I had one, didnt really clean it and the tube turned black after a while...

Also, the 5.11 is made of a heavy duty mesh, so the bright blueness of the platapus might show through, so if youve got any scrim netting or even a kharki/black t-shirt just wrap it up in that :) Unless your not that fussed about camoflague or concealment :lol:

i have a faded dpm jacket. i could probably make a little sleeve for it or something... im guessing it holds 2l of fluid right?

Aye thatd be fine, wouldnt even need to make anything out of it, just wrap it round it, and yeah it will do, the sleeve is a good 30/40cm deep (when your wearing it basically from your shoulder blades to lower back :)

Archived