To the mp5 expert's

Blackbeard01
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have a b&t sportline mp5 that I'm looking to upgrade. I understand there were better choices but i dont exactly have the funds to go back. My question is will any v2 gear box fit in it? I know they are used in m4s but are these directly compatible or are there suitable differences? 

25 minutes ago, Blackbeard01 said:

So I have a b&t sportline mp5 that I'm looking to upgrade. I understand there were better choices but i dont exactly have the funds to go back. My question is will any v2 gear box fit in it? I know they are used in m4s but are these directly compatible or are there suitable differences? 

the trigger assemble is different and i think the selector plate. what do you actually want to do have played a game with it? is it an ICS or classic army sports line? 

4 hours ago, Blackbeard01 said:

Unless it is a plastic gearbox, its always preferable to keep the original gearbox and upgrade that. Drop in ones almost always need work just to get it to fit. 

MP5's are one of the hardest guns to take apart as well. Best get a professional to look at it. 

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Asomodai said:

MP5's are one of the hardest guns to take apart as well. 

They're really not. Try an M14 EBR...

16 hours ago, BigStew said:

the trigger assemble is different and i think the selector plate. what do you actually want to do have played a game with it? is it an ICS or classic army sports line? 

Yeah, I've played a game with it already and loved it. I just really lacked in range and I've put a much stronger motor in it as the original was really sluggish. Also rhe battery space is ridiculously tight so need to run a mini lipo really. No, its b&t

14 hours ago, Samurai said:

Why? What can't it do now?

My main concern is I've put a bigger motor in whichis crazy powerful, halfed the trigger response and then some but I'm paranoid its going to strip the gears. 

12 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Unless it is a plastic gearbox, its always preferable to keep the original gearbox and upgrade that. Drop in ones almost always need work just to get it to fit. 

MP5's are one of the hardest guns to take apart as well. Best get a professional to look at it. 

Id rather not send it away. I work as a mechanical engineer so I'm confidant I can learn to do it but the flipside to that is ive got no experience with gear boxes in airsoft guns and dont have a clue where to start.

Thankseveryone for the quick replies! 

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Blackbeard01 said:

No, its b&t

B&T are a Swiss firearms manufacturer that also has a trading arm. They handle the Heckler Koch licencing for things like your MP5 airsoft gun which is manufactured by ASG (who probably actually just rebadge someone else's hardware in this instance).

4 minutes ago, Lozart said:

B&T are a Swiss firearms manufacturer that also has a trading arm. They handle the Heckler Koch licencing for things like your MP5 airsoft gun which is manufactured by ASG (who probably actually just rebadge someone else's hardware in this instance).

Right... so what your saying is its probably rebadged asg rifle? 

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Blackbeard01 said:

Right... so what your saying is its probably rebadged asg rifle? 

Branded as ASG, licenced from H&K through B&T. Made by a chinese factory based on the Classic Army design (rather than the ICS design).

25 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Branded as ASG, licenced from H&K through B&T. Made by a chinese factory based on the Classic Army design (rather than the ICS design).

Which is a TM copy so just a bit inception 

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I thought Umarex had the exclusive rights for H&K licensing.

Different markets. Umarex have the licence for airguns/airsoft, B&T have trading rights for firearms and accessories. Both deal with various manufacturers. 

• Supporters
22 hours ago, Blackbeard01 said:

My main concern is I've put a bigger motor in whichis crazy powerful, halfed the trigger response and then some but I'm paranoid its going to strip the gears.

It can strip the piston if not shimmed for good AOE (angle of engagement) and will burn the contacts if you don't have FET in there.

If you also use it on high ROF then plastic piston head and cylinder heads are much safer than metal ones to keep the gearbox from cracking.

Archived