Novritsch ssp1 should i buy it?

Yeet
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
58 minutes ago, Yeet said:

Derailing the thread is no problem its just fun to see where it goes

If you don’t know where it goes yet, there may be little hope for you. 😉

10 hours ago, Wo1f said:

@rocketdogbert that’s why I tend to go through phases of answering questions. Pisses me right off that 90% of people ask questions they’ve already made their mind up about and just want validation. Was gonna buy an AEG the other day and do a tuning guide. Then I read some of the stupidity on here and FB and decided it would be wasted 

Worse is when you get people saying "I've bought this, is it any good?"

Seriously though TM. Anyone that says you should buy a Co2 pistol usually only buys Co2 because of the myth that they are more powerful. I have run all my TM pistils in the depths of winter and never missed a beat, where as the likes of WE etc you struggle to even get the slide to rock back after maybe the 3rd shot. I have people come down to my site all the time running pistols and by half way through the mag its either venting or wont fire where as I can run through mag after mag and not have a problem....saying that i do look after my kit and everything gets cleaned and re-lubed after every use, struggle to believe everyone looks after their stuff as much as they say they do when I ask them.

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Prisce said:

Everything he sells is marked up, you can buy cheaper, and much better

I thought we'd established that the price wasn't actually too bad, if you get a good one.  It's the random quality and mag feeding issues - plus the inability of Novritsch to support a retail operation - that's the problem.

Pre-order, no thanks.  I'd buy retail from stock, using PayPal, or not at all.

13 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I thought we'd established that the price wasn't actually too bad, if you get a good one.  It's the random quality and mag feeding issues - plus the inability of Novritsch to support a retail operation - that's the problem.

Pre-order, no thanks.  I'd buy retail from stock, using PayPal, or not at all.

Plus there are more reliable options at that price.

12 hours ago, Wo1f said:

@rocketdogbert that’s why I tend to go through phases of answering questions. Pisses me right off that 90% of people ask questions they’ve already made their mind up about and just want validation. Was gonna buy an AEG the other day and do a tuning guide. Then I read some of the stupidity on here and FB and decided it would be wasted 😂

don't discount the lurker population that you might help and never even know. I was reading the forums for about 2 weeks before posting my dumb ideas to try and get validation. When ever I see someone asking a dumb question I also wanted answered I read the thread.

To my knowledge of the SSP1 the first batch were good pistols for the price but QC went downhill after that and customer support was unwilling to fix or replace broken parts unless you ordered new parts as well. For me that's unacceptable support. 

I thought hicapas were king are the tm 15mm BBUs just as good or better? I heard bad things about the tm 5-7.

27 minutes ago, Musica said:

don't discount the lurker population that you might help and never even know. I was reading the forums for about 2 weeks before posting my dumb ideas to try and get validation. When ever I see someone asking a dumb question I also wanted answered I read the thread.

To my knowledge of the SSP1 the first batch were good pistols for the price but QC went downhill after that and customer support was unwilling to fix or replace broken parts unless you ordered new parts as well. For me that's unacceptable support. 

I thought hicapas were king are the tm 15mm BBUs just as good or better? I heard bad things about the tm 5-7.

What bad things have you heard about 5-7s half my team are running them other than about two years of running them on propylene will kill them other than that never had issues.

I have a 5-7 that I run on propane with no issues. I am aware of them though. To my understanding, TM upgraded to the 15mm piston on that gun and the added kick put stress on the inner frame of the design. I’ve had no issues in the year I’ve had mine, but I’ve accepted it can happen. 

15mm piston seems to handle the cold much better than whatever size they used previously. The gun has a slightly better kick and snappier action. In terms of accuracy it has no bearing. 

My previous tm sig and tm hicapa 4.3 did not handle the cold as well as my hk45. The fn57 although solid was the first to have the 15mm bbu. I can't remember what it is in them that goes but its something to do with the slide/bbu afair. Newer 15mm bbu models are known to be better designed.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Musica said:

To my knowledge of the SSP1 the first batch were good pistols for the price but QC went downhill after that

"Sell me 50 and then I'll order 500."

Makes 100 and sends the best 50.

"They're brilliant, now sent me 500."

Makes 450 out of cheaper materials and sends the lot along with the worst 50 from the first batch.

What I don’t understand is the criteria people set for choosing a sidearm for airsoft. Even if you’re a sniper, most MED is 25-30m so Range isn’t really in question.  

What you first need to ask yourself is are you buying a sidearm to use and rely upon or do you want something cool on your belt. If the answer is cool, buy a VFC or WE. If the answer is “I’m going to be relying on this for anything 40m inwards then you need 3 things

consistency

reliability 

good hop system. 

TM FPS deviation is VERY good on their gas pistols. 

TM 15mm pistons and plastic slides function better than any other green gas gun in cold weather, so it’s far less likely to gas out on you.

TM has a very good hop system. Comparing my own WE and TM G18c on a head sized target at 25-30 meters (can’t remember exactly), the WE hit once or twice out of the whole mag. The TM MISSED once or twice out of the whole mag. 

The only other question you need to ask yourself is does the gun need to be silent while you’re hidden in a bush or not. If yes, buy the TM mk23 instead

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Wo1f said:

most MED is 25-30m

And that's airsoft metres.

Anywhere outside of spitting distance = must have been a 100m shot, my RIF is best RIF.

Point blank shot = nah, that was 30m, I can tell

On which sidearm is best sidearm, MP5K is best sidearm. :P

300fps+, full auto, 100 round mid caps: kind of serious.

15 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Anywhere outside of spitting distance = must have been a 100m shot, my RIF is best RIF.

My ARP9 would like to have a word with your mp5 :P

29 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I wish every airsoft gun came with a range finder to stop that crap😂

I’d have to agree with you on the mp5k. For the size of it and it’s capability it’s top notch. I favor my mp7 over my mp5k PDW as a sidearm though because I can holster the mp7 and WE mp5k is like a boat anchor 😂

Archived