G&G MBR 308 DMR build advice.

Luke85
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So Ive just recently got myself a new G&G TR16 MBR 308SR (Stupid long name but what you gonna do) as a project DMR build. Think they've been out about a year by now but not much info on them even though I thought the 2 308 models (the SR and WH) would be popular for DMR conversions. Just curious if anyones any experience with the G&G gen2 gearbox, would the gearbox need touching at all (from what I hear they're pretty robust) or could a simple DMR conversion be achieved with a stronger spring, better hop up and a tighbore...and locking it to semi obviously? Any input appreciated.

If you check out the G&G owners group on fb I know a few people have the 308 and have dmr'd them so should be of some help

Start with a nice barrel and a maple leaf bucking and nub. What weight BB’s are you using?

For a sniper or DMR I'd be using at least .32 or higher. Depends how it performs I guess. I'll have a look on the fb group too thanks

Archived