KJW experiences?

kasaran
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so played a night game last week.  It was very fun, not many in attendance, to plenty of sneaking to be had.

It was a gas and spring only event, so i ended up running my TM sig and kwc luger.  after a couple hours the sig was just venting all its gas in less than a mag, i guess the -2 or so degrees was enough to dispel the TM magic (i have regassed it at home and it works fine now).  The luger, being co2, worked a charm, but with a fixed hop and a enlargened valve pin lowering the fps (a thread on this exists on this forum somewhere), the range of it is somewhat lacking (would using 0.12g bbs work to rectify this?).

So, looking at co2 pistols on a budget with a bottom rail for torches i have found the KJW kj-13 co2 on gunfire to be fairly cheap.  Does anyone know anything about this company or gun?  or recommend any other budget co2 gbb pistol? ideally with adjustable hop up and a site legal fps.  half put my mind to a glock style, having never been a fan of the 1911 shape.

1 hour ago, kasaran said:

so played a night game last week.  It was very fun, not many in attendance, to plenty of sneaking to be had.

It was a gas and spring only event, so i ended up running my TM sig and kwc luger.  after a couple hours the sig was just venting all its gas in less than a mag, i guess the -2 or so degrees was enough to dispel the TM magic (i have regassed it at home and it works fine now).  The luger, being co2, worked a charm, but with a fixed hop and a enlargened valve pin lowering the fps (a thread on this exists on this forum somewhere), the range of it is somewhat lacking (would using 0.12g bbs work to rectify this?).

So, looking at co2 pistols on a budget with a bottom rail for torches i have found the KJW kj-13 co2 on gunfire to be fairly cheap.  Does anyone know anything about this company or gun?  or recommend any other budget co2 gbb pistol? ideally with adjustable hop up and a site legal fps.  half put my mind to a glock style, having never been a fan of the 1911 shape.

i doubt you can get quality bbs in 0.12g and range in airsoft is all about the spin. the tolerances on the KJW are a little looser but they are good for the money. their glocks are based on TM so you can up grade hop and what not. what gas where you using by the way a TM will take green gas no problem and keeping spare mags warm helps with cool down.  

I wouldn't want to play against anyone using .12's even if the site allows. They are more susceptible to shatter then standard weights. 

Fair enough.  Its just a curiousity if it would work.  Stock the liger was about 380fps.  On 0.2s the fixed hop worked fine and they flew a fair distance.   The new pin knocked the fps down to a little over 300fps.  So now the range is much less as the fixed hop isnt doing enough. I thought a lighter bb might bring the fps up to near stock and then the fixed hop might work better?

Mod the hop. I've never looked in one but modded and made many fixed hops in guns. Maybe also look into upping the gas out put a tinge .I'd look into moving up to hopping .25g and 320fps on .20g

Archived