One Tigris Lower Mask - Spare Straps?

Guest Failism
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Failism

Just wondering what these straps are meant for? I can't find anything with the packaging to indicate what its for.

I assume the clip is to clip into the rails on something like a fast helmet although I have no idea about the other strap.

20190203_153609.jpg

Guest Failism
1 minute ago, Immortal said:

Velcro on the helmets rear would be my guess. To stabilise the mask in the right place on your face from the two clipped straps. Otherwise the mask may move up and down...

makes sense, don't have a helmet yet but i'll give it a go when it arrives. thanks.

• Supporters

Correct the two plastic clips connect to a fast helmet but the other straps are just to do up around the back of your neck (hence hook and loop Velcro) .

1 hour ago, Musica said:

mine never came with these :(

We bought the poor man's version it seems :P

• Supporters

Are there 2 different versions of the mask now or does the new production just always come with the helmet compatible strap?  I had to jury rig my own for helmet use using straps from a different mesh mask.

FIrst time I've seen those straps and I have a few masks.

Although I can't confirm the ones I have with tigris labels are really legit or not.

Those straps may certainly save on time adapting the normal ones that's for sure.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Immortal said:

Although I can't confirm the ones I have with tigris labels are really legit or not.

Hahaha you’ve put a smile on my face at the thought of knock of 1tigris kit ! 👍

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Correct the two plastic clips connect to a fast helmet but the other straps are just to do up around the back of your neck (hence hook and loop Velcro) .

They're to attach to the velcro on the back of your helmet (around the nape part if you see what I mean).

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Lozart said:

They're to attach to the velcro on the back of your helmet (around the nape part if you see what I mean).

A while ago I had an identical looking set of straps with a mask from TG that had hook on the one strap and loop on the other . 

• Supporters

If they're both hook, it'll be for sticking to the outside of the helmet.  If it's hook and loop on either part of the strap then it'll be for the back of the neck.  Purely depends on the individual product at hand (can't see in the image posted which it is), I'd think going around the neck would look cleaner overall, that's what I'd prefer to buy.  Though tbh I find just hanging from the helmet rails works fine without any other pair of straps being added to the mix, will depend on one's eye pro though amongst other things.

Archived