RK differences

buckplug
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm planning for a purchase of a certain type of an AEG - an AKS-74 replica (as shown in the picture). I am going for the '85 ВДВ impression, you see, so it's really the most universal weapon I can get, short of an extremely modded AKS-74U or a downgraded PKM - both being either too short or too long for both indoors and outdoors. I've found a gun that is both cheap enough so my poor arse can afford it and is both effective in the field and - as we like to say in the Polish re-enactment society - "kosher" enough for my taste. That gun is an RK-03. I've been however advised to buy a full steel version, for a full METAL version is a lot more prone to breaking. I am not familiar however with D/BOYS' nomenclature, so here's the question - what's the difference between an RK-03, RK-03W, RK-03A and an RK-03SW? I wouldn't want to spend 100 quid for something that could've been bought for more or less the same amount and be a lot more reliable. 

Thank you in advance.

maxresdefault.jpg

It may be related to which airsoft model it is based on /copied from and the material used in construction, for example, a CYMA CM.048 the 40 series designation  consists of two main points:

• First is some parts of the AK are made of steel e.g. the receiver and receiver top cover etc.
  • Second, it copies the VFC/LCTnv style of disassembly so it somewhat replicates the dissembles process like a real steel AK.     

A CYMA CM.028 is based on Tokyo Marui older version of it AK47 so it generally made of plastics and cheap metal alloy it also uses lots of screws to hold it together so there is no simulated real steel AK disassembly.

With regards to the D/BOYS, nomenclature I would imagine it is base on a somewhat similar manner, but I known the RK-03SW the SW part of the names claims to be just wood and steel with an aluminium outer barrel.

Archived