MP5 External Upgrades

Mad Rag

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey All,

What external upgrades can i make. is the stock changeable i would also like to put a fore grip on too is this possible? does anyone have any examples of there own ?

1549135526050671190011348714914.thumb.jpg.8f872b0387e677381db16d5fb4a68b4c.jpg

• Mostly Retired Moderators

The stock can be changed to any mp5 stock easily. The retractable A5 stock is cool.

The foregrip is trickier. I you'll need to change the whole handgrip with one with RIS rails. Or do it like 90s SAS and use jubilee clips to hold a grip on it. 

Is it front or rear wired?

If it's front wired, swapping the stock only takes 2 pins, if not, well, you need to rewire it to the front.

For the grip, I wouldn't do that, just because I like that handguard (along with the SD one). @AsomodaiAsomodai has a thread on a custom mp5 iirc, check it out

33 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

The stock can be changed to any mp5 stock easily. The retractable A5 stock is cool.

The foregrip is trickier. I you'll need to change the whole handgrip with one with RIS rails. Or do it like 90s SAS and use jubilee clips to hold a grip on it. 

exactly wat i want, not sure on the fore grip then haah @Skara its rear whired

33 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Swordfish kit for mp5 is a must.

that looks mean 

i would like to do something like this but with an adjustable stock and a dot sight 

Image result for airsoft mp5

1 hour ago, Mad Rag said:

that looks mean 

i would like to do something like this but with an adjustable stock and a dot sight 

Image result for airsoft mp5

That looks like an MP5K. I don't think its possible with your standard one. Not without a lot of parts. 

30 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

That looks like an MP5K. I don't think its possible with your standard one. Not without a lot of parts. 

something similar to that. 

53 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

something similar to that. 

It's not possible. The MP5k's receiver is an inch shorter. The outer barrel and gas tube is different. You would need to have a full length MP5 Handguard rather then the short K version. Like this https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-mp5-ris-rail-hand-guard-kit

It would be cheaper just to buy an MP5k then to get parts that make it look sort of similar. However you cannot fit a retractable stock to an MP5K body without using a Dremel, some skill and a lot of luck. Even then it wouldn't retract fully because the body is not long enough. 

1 hour ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

G+P do a front grip with an integrated torch. Takes seconds to install and very useful for those dark areas when playing CQB.

would you be able to point me to a link at all?

2 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

G+P do a front grip with an integrated torch. Takes seconds to install and very useful for those dark areas when playing CQB.

this?http://airsoftzone.co.uk/mp5-handguard-with-cree-led-torch-gnp

@Asomodai would this fit ?

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-mp5-tacitcal-stock-black-with-adapter-connect-mp5

2 hours ago, Mad Rag said:

I couldn't say, the ICS MP5 design is not based on the TM original that all manufacturers copy. It might be OK. 

9 hours ago, Mad Rag said:

would you be able to point me to a link at all?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-P-Airsoft-MP5-Handguard-with-CREE-LED-Flashlight-GP-TAL002-/171912196354

I bought one of these. It fits my G+G MP5 after a very minor mod (cutting two little plastic lugs on the inside of the grip that get in the way of the barrel). The torch is decent, but more importantly, it makes the gun look very cool.

13 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-P-Airsoft-MP5-Handguard-with-CREE-LED-Flashlight-GP-TAL002-/171912196354

I bought one of these. It fits my G+G MP5 after a very minor mod (cutting two little plastic lugs on the inside of the grip that get in the way of the barrel). The torch is decent, but more importantly, it makes the gun look very cool.

i looked at this and think its what I will get. what kind of stock do you have

9 hours ago, Mad Rag said:

i looked at this and think its what I will get. what kind of stock do you have

Got these babies. I have the top tech g+g mp5 a4. It's boss.

20181209_231418.jpg

23 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Got these babies. I have the top tech g+g mp5 a4. It's boss.

20181209_231418.jpg

Love them can't wait to build a collection 

1 hour ago, Mad Rag said:

Love them can't wait to build a collection 

I keep thinking that I have enough guns, but it's never enough! I just need one more, or maybe three, just in case.

24 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

I keep thinking that I have enough guns, 

There is never enough guns

• 2 weeks later...

so I have now fitted my rail and t1 for my mp5. had to do a littler doctoring for it all to fit correctly but its on and looks quite cool.

• 1 year later...

Did you remove the old fixed length stock?

If anyone has one kicking around spare that they fancy selling that would be great. I just bought an MP5 for a project but the extendable stock on it is dead. I have a few ideas for some upgrade but want a cheap solid stock to work out some new mods on.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.