Simulation Fun Shooting Pistol

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I want to build an airsoft Pistol with high recoil and super snappy response just for fun shooting - not necessarily aiming for TM MK23 laser accuracy, but more of a fun strong plinking gun.

Would probably want to run either black gas or propane on it, as a semi auto it can shoot anything up to 519fps on .2s, not planning on skirmishing with this one, more thinking along the lines of a more realistic assault course style game because quite simply I have far too much time on my hands.

The first thing that comes to mind is the added pressure which could be close to double what the gun was originally designed for, so along with the recoil spring and guide needing to be replaced, the nozzle and seals will definitely need upgrading to stop it falling apart.

Suggestions?

I've seen some 'serious' figures from both my WE pistols , G18 and 1911 . I run them on red gas all year round for more snap. However the combination of red gas in mags that had been sat in a hot garage last summer was spectacular !  Both guns withstood it and have shown no ill affects since. However If I was running them at 500 fps as standard I think I would be expecting slides and frames to start failing as well as nozzles. Propane is basically the same as green gas , so if you want snap you would want to be using the black. How about using a CO2 pistol as a base , they tend to use some stronger components. TBH you may find that a pistol with a metal slide on black will give you all the kick you want.

1 hour ago, Nick G said:

I've seen some 'serious' figures from both my WE pistols , G18 and 1911 . I run them on red gas all year round for more snap. However the combination of red gas in mags that had been sat in a hot garage last summer was spectacular !  Both guns withstood it and have shown no ill affects since. However If I was running them at 500 fps as standard I think I would be expecting slides and frames to start failing as well as nozzles. Propane is basically the same as green gas , so if you want snap you would want to be using the black. How about using a CO2 pistol as a base , they tend to use some stronger components. TBH you may find that a pistol with a metal slide on black will give you all the kick you want.

The WE Glocks have a nice snap, but not much kick. They also have a plastic housing for the guide rod that fails.

i have a full metal WE P226 built like a tank, may go down that route.

Otherwise, the ASG P-07 and P-09s are designed for CO2, but don’t know what upgrade parts they use for stronger recoil springs.

Perhaps, P226 with 200% recoil spring and hammer spring, angrygun steel nozzle, metal hop chamber will be the way through.

41 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

A heavy slide running co2 will give plenty of kick

More, more, I want more!

We 226 is all metal parts, except the nozzle. The spring guide is a single piece CNC. The standard recoil spring on a WE 226 fully compresses under 2kg of weight. I need to wait till my brain works to find out what calculations I need to do to find the right compression spring,

100-120mm Open length

20mm compressed length

4kg total compression weight

9.5 mm outer diameter

8mm inner diameter

0.75mm coil thickness

Brain. not. working.

I’ll get the guarder hammer spring, angrygun steel nozzle, run black gas through it. Just need to find the right compression spring to get that works out as a 180-200% upgrade rather than the guarder 150%. It’s quite roomy inside the slide cavity of the 226, allows for a little adjustment on the recoil spring without having to worry about super exact dimensions.

29 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

a stronger spring will give you less recoil impulse- look up constant recoil systems.

if you're after a hard kick then you want a weaker spring on a heavier slide.

Where would I find a heavier slide? The stock one is steel I believe, weighs 120g

11 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

Where would I find a heavier slide? The stock one is steel I believe, weighs 120g

Stock one is pot metal. There is a CNC steel kit available for TM ones though. I believe the WE internals would fit but someone else would know more than me on that. 

18 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

Stock one is pot metal. There is a CNC steel kit available for TM ones though. I believe the WE internals would fit but someone else would know more than me on that. 

I know the WE and TM glock models are different shapes. You’re right - the CNC slide for the sig from there is $290

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

TM G17.  Steel slide.  Volante BBU.  CO2 mags.  Pretty much the hardest pistol recoil you can get.

This. You might want to short stroke it so it’s really snappy. I will be building myself one this year, looking at north of £450 for a new parts build

rdb

Archived