Have I done anything wrong?

LordRonin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

23 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

No one else seems to be concerned a retailer is sending out RIFs to someone with no UKARA?

nothing to be concerned about. whats the worst that can happen. the recpient is a wank and gets shot for being an idiot with a RIF. The retailer gets found out they broke the law by selling to someone without a defense.

I suppose he could shoot somenes eyes out with you can do that with a two tone so not a valid concern for the RIF specifcally.

28 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

No one else seems to be concerned a retailer is sending out RIFs to someone with no UKARA?

It is a bit stupid of the retailer, and there have been at least two recent threads where this has happened.

Though the UKARA is not the law, if the purchases have been made by buyers with the intent to play airsoft on insured sites then no offence at all has been committed.

However this retailer is risking a significant fine

1 hour ago, Musica said:

nothing to be concerned about. whats the worst that can happen. the recpient is a wank and gets shot for being an idiot with a RIF. The retailer gets found out they broke the law by selling to someone without a defense.

I suppose he could shoot somenes eyes out with you can do that with a two tone so not a valid concern for the RIF specifcally.

You do understand it completely compromises our agreement on how we still get to play airsoft right?   It's not just some idiot possibly taking the room temperature challenge.  It puts airsoft in the spot light again and possibly compromises it.  Our whole thing is we introduced a system whereby only legitimate airsofters/reinactors can buy RIFs.  If a retailer is not abiding by this, it's a severe issue.

When i ordered this, It did say include your UKARA below, if one isnt entered then you will be sent two-tone guns, i didnt enter a UKARA because im yet to get mine. and i still got a RIF

1 hour ago, hitmanNo2 said:

You do understand it completely compromises our agreement on how we still get to play airsoft right?   It's not just some idiot possibly taking the room temperature challenge.  It puts airsoft in the spot light again and possibly compromises it.  Our whole thing is we introduced a system whereby only legitimate airsofters/reinactors can buy RIFs.  If a retailer is not abiding by this, it's a severe issue.

they will come down on the retailer possibly revoke their right to import and manufacture rifs, not consumers 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

This is a fair point, and well made.

Leicestershire Police's Firearms and Explosive Licensing Department can be contacted in writing at

Firearms and Explosives Licensing Department
Leicestershire Police
Mansfield House
74 Belgrave Gate
Leicester LE1 3GG

By telephone on 101 or by email [email protected]

Please let us know how they respond when you make them aware of this incident.

2 hours ago, Musica said:

they will come down on the retailer possibly revoke their right to import and manufacture rifs, not consumers 

Airsoft survived by the skin of its teeth after the VCRA. There are many anti gun of any type politicians who would jump at the chance of an easy win by banning airsoft. Airsoft exists because UKARA convinced the government airsoft could be self regulated if it's proved in court it can't really don't want to think what would happen.   

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

This is a fair point, and well made.

Leicestershire Police's Firearms and Explosive Licensing Department can be contacted in writing at

Firearms and Explosives Licensing Department
Leicestershire Police
Mansfield House
74 Belgrave Gate
Leicester LE1 3GG

By telephone on 101 or by email [email protected]

Please let us know how they respond when you make them aware of this incident.

59 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Airsoft survived by the skin of its teeth after the VCRA. There are many anti gun of any type politicians who would jump at the chance of an easy win by banning airsoft. Airsoft exists because UKARA convinced the government airsoft could be self regulated if it's proved in court it can't really don't want to think what would happen.   

4 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Sorry about all the Tags

I have Emailed Extreme Airsoft to make them aware of the issue and to see if they will fix this in anyway 

If not then i will most likely contact some form of authority as if you can obtain a RIF without even having to enter a defence then that is worrying

Due to it being sunday im hoping for a Reply by monday evening, ill update you all then. Thank you :)

A UKARA is not necessary, it is ONE form of defence. 

Now I cannot speak for the retailer, and it could even had been a picking incident, however I doubt it as they probably didnt have two tones available in or for the mystery box's, lets face it these boxes are generally full of left over stock the shop wants to get rid of. 

The retailer probably thought as it was a mystery box it was a skirmisher buying, in which case is their defence.

However as pointed out its almost 99% certain nothing will come back to the shop and im almost certain the integrity of the sport is still intact.

Like most threads in the Law section we can argue points of view all year long and nothing will change!

1 hour ago, LordRonin said:

If not then i will most likely contact some form of authority as if you can obtain a RIF without even having to enter a defence then that is worrying 

But you've bought it to play airsoft with, that in itself is the defense. UKARA is just housekeeping to make it easier for retailers.

Archived