Have I done anything wrong?

LordRonin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I’m starting out at airsoft and I had some money to throw away so I bought a £200 mystery box (I know you shouldn’t buy mystery boxes but it was more of a fun thing) Now when I bought the box it said if I don’t include a UKARA number then I will get a Two-tone. This didn’t bother me as I’m new. The mystery box arrived and I got over like £250 worth of gear. But one of the guns I got is a almost fully metal M4 worth £180 and it’s all black.

Have I done anything wrong buying a black gun even though I thought I’d be getting a Two-Tone

You haven't done anything wrong. The seller has.

If you start walking around in the street with it then the seller could get prosecuted as they sold it to you. 

You would get in trouble for brandishing it in public like any of us would, regardless of having a defense or not. 

3 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

You haven't done anything wrong. The seller has.

If you start walking around in the street with it then the seller could get prosecuted as they sold it to you. 

You would get in trouble for brandishing it in public like any of us would, regardless of having a defense or not. 

So I can use this in games and so on and I ain’t gonna get in sh*t? 

• Supporters

your fine, on site & in game nobody gives a toss about your gun colour & whether your entitled to it.

seems like you've had a result, what aeg did they send you ?

8 minutes ago, LordRonin said:

So I can use this in games and so on and I ain’t gonna get in sh*t? 

You'll be fine. You have done nothing illegal or wrong. 

You have done nothing wrong, and as long as you are old enough then strictly speaking the retailer has not necessarily done anything wrong.

As a seller they can be held responsible for selling a RIF to a buyer that does not itend to use if for one of the uses under the VCRA defences.

UKARA is just one method for retailers to show that they were reasonably sure on the intended purpose 

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

your fine, on site & in game nobody gives a toss about your gun colour & whether your entitled to it.

seems like you've had a result, what aeg did they send you ?

https://extremeairsoft.co.uk/shop/assault-rifles/electric-aeg-rifles/m4/golden-eagle-m4-version-5-aeg-211573/ This, I feel like it shoots good, Stock, rail and stuff is Metal, Reciver is Good strength Polymer 

• Supporters

Yes, you're absolutely fine to buy, own and use it.[*]

As per anyone else, make sure that you have details of the site and ideally a booking confirmation to hand while you're on the way there or back - we all need a reasonable excuse for being in possession of any RIF or IF in a public place.

Legally you'll be fine.

It's the sellers responsibility to ensure you have UKARA. They will probably argue that the gun was a "Gift" and you paid for the mystery box.

Provided it shoots I wouldn't sweat it.

Pop up some pictures of everything you got in the box, and we will tell you if you need anything else to play.

• Head Moderator

As long as you are an adult (18  years old) then not a problem. If a child then it is illegal to purchase airsoft guns, or be sold them.

• Supporters

Looks good mate, don't know much about the brand, initial digging around seems to suggest golden eagle has links with JG in relation to their gbb m4, maybe their aegs are too ?, wouldn't be a bad thing.

what site are you playing at next ?, I ask as if any of the "old hands" on here play there, maybe they could give it the once over with regards to quality etc, put your mind at rest.

what brand/model is the pistol, looks like a usp, but I've smashed my screen so nothings that clear lol.

49 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Looks good mate, don't know much about the brand, initial digging around seems to suggest golden eagle has links with JG in relation to their gbb m4, maybe their aegs are too ?, wouldn't be a bad thing.

what site are you playing at next ?, I ask as if any of the "old hands" on here play there, maybe they could give it the once over with regards to quality etc, put your mind at rest.

what brand/model is the pistol, looks like a usp, but I've smashed my screen so nothings that clear lol.

Planning on Starting at Halo Mill in leeds area. 

The pistol i couldnt actually find on Extremeairsofts website as the box has no branding, so unlikely for me to find it. its a Gas non Blowback pistol though

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

Correct. Its essentially a rebranded JG. Pretty quality rifle.

4 hours ago, LordRonin said:

This is the gun and pistol I got, the photo doesn’t include the extra battery, sling and bbs they included 

C57E7E0D-D6FE-4D68-9106-0C45F76F849A.jpeg

i would say you have struck gold on this one.

i got the mystery box from Extreme airsoft, not one of those crap 'BB' websites. all the reviews are good on the mystery boxes and everyone says they got there money worth or more, id say i did from the fact i got a good AEG to worth nearly the £200 to start off with anyway

35 minutes ago, LordRonin said:

i got the mystery box from Extreme airsoft, not one of those crap 'BB' websites. all the reviews are good on the mystery boxes and everyone says they got there money worth or more, id say i did from the fact i got a good AEG to worth nearly the £200 to start off with anyway

FYI, extreme airsoft rebranded themselves from ExtremeBBguns.co.UK a few months ago. They are still considered to be a "crap" bb website.

You got lucky this one. JG are fairly good for a starter rifle. You need to check the FPS on both of them though. The pistol could very well be shooting hot as a NBB. 

Interesting slim M4 style. Looks almost like an MP5 if you squint REALLY hard. 

the seller is the one who is liable for the sale not the buyer. The laws are around selling NOT owning.  Anyone can own a RIF.

Just because you now have a RIF doesn't mean you can  do what you want with it. Showing up at your local Tesco with strapped to your back would count as doing something wrong. 

As people have said you have no idea what fps your gun shoots at and it's possible it fires over the uk LEGAL limit of 373~ fps on 0.20s which would be a problem I think as this is classes as being in possession of a firearm so get it chronod so you know what you are dealing with.

• Head Moderator
19 minutes ago, EDcase said:

UK legal limits

370fps (0.2g) for auto capable weapons

519fps (0.2g) for single shot weapons

From the Policing and Crime Act 2017, (Chapter 3 Part 6)

The permitted kinetic energy level is—

(a) in the case of a weapon which is capable of discharging two or more missiles successively without repeated pressure on the trigger, 1.3 joules;

(b) In any other case, 2.5 joules.

• Supporters

I've never heard of the brand, but if it's got all the right bits then it should do as well as any other toy gun.

I would urge you go get it chronoed before you rely on it though as various BB sites quote that brand at anything from 320 to 420 fps.

• Supporters

You have done nothing wrong

Yes you can own it

No you wont get in the S**t unless you start waving it around your local high street (or any street)

Archived