Walk on site

luco_mc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

If he can resist the urge to fiddle with it, but he's got very poor impulse control.

I don't even have a backup myself but thankfully there is not much that can go wrong with my pistol that can't be fixed immediately and even the things that can't be fixed because I don't have a spare are usually not catastrophic. Like the ambi safety's can snap until I upgrade to steel but that's not a problem.

And hopefully in march I'll have a spare, completely built spare slide that I can just swap out in seconds so I don't have to mess around stripping things down.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Seven said:

I don't even have a backup myself but thankfully there is not much that go wrong with my pistol that can't be fixed immediately and even the things that can't be fixed because I don't have a spare are usually not catastrophic. Like the ambi safety's can snap until I upgrade to steel but that's not a problem.

And hopefully in march I'll have a spare, completely built spare slide that I can just swap out in seconds so I don't have to mess around stripping things down.

it's a worry I have when I stop renting. I think I will buy 2 AEGs just so I'm not scared to book a game and have one fail on me. 

9 minutes ago, Musica said:

it's a worry I have when I stop renting. I think I will buy 2 AEGs just so I'm not scared to book a game and have one fail on me. 

Yeah, it's not a great situation to be in.

Mechanical over electrical all day long for me!

Edit: It also helps being an ex-armourer and the internals are somewhat similar to the real stuff I worked on.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

If he can resist the urge to fiddle with it, but he's got very poor impulse control.

I have poor impuls control ? hahah ?????

3 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

I have poor impuls control ? hahah ?????

lol he was referring to himself.

Talking in the third person is fun... Seven finds this hilarious!

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Musica said:

Cheap springer shotgun is a popular choice for a backup.  They can be surprisingly fun in CBQ as well.

12 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Cheap springer shotgun is a popular choice for a backup.  They can be surprisingly fun in CBQ as well.

Hoping to expand outside of CQB which is why I didn't just buy a GBBP and be done with it as I think a pistol is in CQB semi only is the best choice.

I should just be happy with a ARP9 or something but I'm an idiot and want stop on empty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I'm in on the 17th, but unfortunately my backup-backup-AEG's air seal isn't (air sealed) and my CYMA shotty is misfeeding, so I may not be throwing spares around like some tan-clad Santa Claus.

• Supporters

Pretty good.  Just stay together at the safety brief, and in a corner (front left, front right, back left, back right), as they sometimes split left-to-right, and sometimes back-to-front just to mix it up.  If you do get split, just ask to swap with someone on the other team before you get taped up.

6 hours ago, Mad Rag said:

are we talking about 17th of march ? @Seven @Rogerborg

Yup

7 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Pretty good.  Just stay together at the safety brief, and in a corner (front left, front right, back left, back right), as they sometimes split left-to-right, and sometimes back-to-front just to mix it up.  If you do get split, just ask to swap with someone on the other team before you get taped up.

6 hours ago, Musica said:

Good to know I've only seen it split down the middle. 

You really don't have to be sneaky about it... If you tell the guy assigning teams that you are together he will keep you together and move a solo player that hasn't been assigned to the other team.

I've seen them ask multiple times if people are together so that they can be taped up on the same team. People wouldn't come back if they are not guaranteed to play with the friends they came with and given the lack of teamwork from the majority of people it makes sense to try to keep what little there is/will be.

10 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I'm in on the 17th, but unfortunately my backup-backup-AEG's air seal isn't (air sealed) and my CYMA shotty is misfeeding, so I may not be throwing spares around like some tan-clad Santa Claus.

Haha, you gave in and started tinkering?

Archived