Walk on site

luco_mc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

never played the depot, no ideas of people lol more expensive than it is up at fife war games the fortress . 

You should come along then. It's generally a good time. The only thing that annoys me slightly is you get stalemates on the stairwells and it's next to impossible to push up or down.

I really want to check out the wargames centre in ardeer but transport is prohibitive.

Same with the practical shooting events in Edinburgh.

Need to sort a car out asap.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Seven said:

No no, Ardeer... West coast from Glasgow.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahhaha. got yah lol it looks decent 

2 hour and 20 min drive @Seven

33 minutes ago, Seven said:

I'm currently booked for the 3rd and the 17th... Tempted to book the 31st too. We'll see. Come say hi whoever is going.

I don't know too many folks in depot except Roger and Silverfox.

I have a couple other friends who play depot but they ain't played in aaaages although one friend sounds like he's getting his rifle fixed real soon so he may be making a comeback.

Edit: And provided elite shooting centre get some more recoil springs in stock soon I should be rocking my new slide assembly in march. Pumped!

For all I know you or Roger might have already shot me a bunch. Both times I've been silverfox has been there easy to identify him with his patch and mask. 

• Supporters

SilverFox's shift patterns haven't been working out well so he's not likely to be there for a while. :(

You're more likely to find me dead and propping up a wall than shooting you.  If someone friendly-frags you though, that's likely me. ;)

I'm on February 17th (solo), and March 17th with Workmate Eddie and New Workmate Alex, so it'll be party as AFUK in there.

New Workmate Alex will be borrowing an AEG, but if I can resist the temptation to fiddle, I should have a backup to the backup as well if anyone's needing it.

4 minutes ago, Musica said:

For all I know you or Roger might have already shot me a bunch. Both times I've been silverfox has been there easy to identify him with his patch and mask. 

Maybe Roger but unlikely me... Last game I played was November and it was warmer outside than inside. lol.

Thankfully my prowins didn't mind it being so bloody cold but cold enough for me to wait till march to start again.

Was ok though, gave me time to clear my cards a little and save for more loots. 

2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

SilverFox's shift patterns haven't been working out well so he's not likely to be there for a while. :(

You're more likely to find me dead and propping up a wall than shooting you.  If someone friendly-frags you though, that's likely me. ;)

I'm on February 17th (solo), and March 17th with Workmate Eddie and New Workmate Alex, so it'll be party as AFUK in there.

New Workmate Alex will be borrowing an AEG, but if I can resist the temptation to fiddle, I should have a backup to the backup as well if anyone's needing it.

is it likely to be sold out by Friday do you think?

6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

And if you need eyepro I have a spare pair.

3 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

is it likely to be sold out by Friday do you think?

The 17th? Nah, you should be good.

39 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahhaha. got yah lol it looks decent 

2 hour and 20 min drive @Seven

Yeah a little farther for you than me, lol

@Seven haha 

21 minutes ago, Seven said:

Yeah a little farther for you than me, lol

haha yeah im dundee. usually go to fife war-games, been to the fortress once.

21 minutes ago, Seven said:

The 17th? Nah, you should be good.

ok as i get paid Friday so wouldn't be able to book till then as i blew all my money on Sundays game just past (22 on mk5 alone lol)

2 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

@Seven haha 

ok as i get paid Friday so wouldn't be able to book till then as i blew all my money on Sundays game just past (22 on mk5 alone lol)

Those sites are outdoor woodland sites right? I'm not equipped, yet, for outdoors. Focusing on CQB atm.

And this is exactly why you should invest in a TRMR... Fuck paper pyro!

3 more game days like that and the TRMR has paid for itself and retained alot of its resale value.

Just now, Seven said:

Those sites are outdoor woodland sites right? I'm not equipped, yet, for outdoors. Focusing on CQB atm.

fwg is a outdoor yeah but the fortress in indoor cqb.

1 minute ago, Seven said:

And this is exactly why you should invest in a TRMR... Fuck paper pyro!

3 more game days like that and the TRMR has paid for itself and retained alot of its resale value.

i really really want a trmr but cant afford the £100 all out trying to save hah 

1 minute ago, Mad Rag said:

fwg is a outdoor yeah but the fortress in indoor cqb.

Cool, might need to check it out... Still need a fecking car though... Doubt a train would get me there, on presumably a Sunday?, in time.

30 minutes ago, Seven said:

Maybe Roger but unlikely me... Last game I played was November and it was warmer outside than inside. lol.

Thankfully my prowins didn't mind it being so bloody cold but cold enough for me to wait till march to start again.

Was ok though, gave me time to clear my cards a little and save for more loots. 

Fair enough you are not my enemy. My first game was December 9th and the other one was 3rd of Feb yellow team both times. 

@Seven haha 

The walk ons should be there but the hire kit might be gone a lot of people coming with me this time groups up to 8 so far.  

they play wed night friday night and every other sunday im sure you could get a train to kirkcaldy not sure after that though, its a good site. im lucky i guess i drive @Seven

@Musica walk ons for the sites i go to are £20

14 minutes ago, Musica said:

walk ons should be there but the hire kit might be gone a lot of people coming with me this time groups up to 8 so far.  

I think you'll almost clean them out of hire spaces... I think there are only 12 available.

3 minutes ago, Musica said:

@Mad Ragbut do you get a hotdog? 

With a can, choco biscuit and crisps!

And free tea/coffee all day! lol

And all us lovely people? 

4 minutes ago, Musica said:

but do you get a hotdog? 

ahhhhhh no

4 minutes ago, Seven said:

With a can, choco biscuit and crisps!

And free tea/coffee all day! lol

hmmm tempting ..........

And all us lovely people? 

hmmmm are you sure lol (i kidd)

however is  a can, choco biscuit and crisps!And free tea/coffee all day! as well as a hotdog worth the extra £12 mmmm @Seven

And we play 2 hours longer! That's a bargain! Lol

thing is im not sure if my mp5 will last a game it broke on sunday and then some how fixed it self lol so im like on edge lol

do fancy going though 

thing is im not sure if my mp5 will last a game it broke on sunday and then some how fixed it self lol so im like on edge lol

Well Roger, nicely, has already said he has a backup available if someone needs it so if it craps out on you there is that option.

2 minutes ago, Seven said:

Well Roger, nicely, has already said he has a backup available if someone needs it so if it craps out on you there is that option.

that is true, maybe i should make the trip down then.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Seven said:

Well Roger, nicely, has already said he has a backup available

If he can resist the urge to fiddle with it, but he's got very poor impulse control.

Bit late to the discussion on this one but I've got a TM PX4 with 4-mags and that served me well running for fun as a primary one day.

I had a single pistol speed loader which could fill the 4 mags so had roughly 200ish rounds on me, the mags could do two full goes without being regassed. So yeah certainly possible, and good fun!

33 minutes ago, AndyDynamic said:

Bit late to the discussion on this one but I've got a TM PX4 with 4-mags and that served me well running for fun as a primary one day.

I had a single pistol speed loader which could fill the 4 mags so had roughly 200ish rounds on me, the mags could do two full goes without being regassed. So yeah certainly possible, and good fun!

Yeah it's most certainly possible. Even 2 mags and a speed loader, as a just in case, is fine in Depot as long as you don't have a heavy trigger finger.

I run 6x 41rnd mags and I very rarely used more than a mag and a half but I didn't find myself in many situations that required spam fire, mostly clean cut 1 shot 1 kill.

Archived