Walk on site

luco_mc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

I am new to airsoft Is it acceptable to go to walk on with just a Air soft pistol or should you have a larger air gun. I have a currently have two tone WE EU26 G26 Glock and two WE G-Series G17/18/33 25rnd Gas Magazine  would that be enough for each game . Still very new to airsoft. I have a friends who has a air soft gun he can give me once i get my UKARA

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you would be completely out gunned. but i know many players that will play with just a pistol. Games can last from 10 mins to a couple hours. multiple mags or at least a speed loader would be essential

Depends where you play and how good a shot you are.

You will have to be very fast and very sneaky...

... it can be done but not by all and not everywhere.

The odds are most definitely against you regardless.

Like the other lads have stated,how much more is it for a rental at the site you're going ton for the sake of a fiver or so you can try out loads of playing styles all in one session and see what fits? You may end up loving running around with just your pistols in which case when you can invest in gear to aid that style airsoft is absolutely brilliant in that respect you can be whatever you want to be.

Anyhoo you have a good days skirmish because thats what really counts

With just a pistol I'd suggest to try a cqb site, much more viable than a woodland one. Also less problems with cooldown and general low temperatures (which affect gas powered guns)

The site i have went to is a cqb site indoor site. 

The difference for walk on and rent is £20

Thanks for your input 

1 minute ago, luco_mc said:

The site i have went to is a cqb site indoor site. 

The difference for walk on and rent is £20

Thanks for your input 

I played the site a year ago with just a pistol, if it's a good pistol you'll be okay, but you do have to act like the spy in TF2 rather than a assaulter, you gotta sneak. 

If you want do well with a pistol, you're basically going to need to be walking around any serious "threat" and not taking things head-on. 

But tbh, the only thing you lose is your second hand and the distance between your sights, one BB slinger is still a BB Slinger

• Supporters

You'll be fine playing pistol only at the Depot.  They're constantly putting up more cover and bringing the engagement ranges down.

If I read that right, you'll be running one gun with 2 x 25 round magazines?  If so, you'll want to bring a speedloader and (depending on your gas efficiency and how trigger happy you are) maybe a small can of gas out with you.

Other than that, you'll just need eye protection at a minimum, but I'd highly recommend gloves and full face protection, either glasses/goggles and a lower mesh mash, or go for a Dye i4 full face solution.

Are you booked in yet?  They book out about a month in advance at the moment, it's a very popular site.  I'm next in on the 17th and I always have a spare AEG (or two) with me which you'd be welcome to use.

As @Rogerborg said. Pistol is fine, I would argue 'very good' in Depot.

I run pistol only in depot with much greater success then I ever did running around with a G36, and that's before the recent changes to the layout, but it's true you need to adapt your playstyle.

I would disagree that you HAVE to go full splinter cell sneak mode but its an option.

In my view you have to be sneaky or aggressive for maximum enjoyment but you can play like a rifle user if you wish in that kind of environment. The problem with playing aggressive, like I prefer, is that backup and support can lag behind you so you'll  find yourself in shitty situations until the the rest of your team decides to push up. A TM Hi-capa can reach out and touch someone at up to 40-50m out the box and there were not many sight lines THAT long before the recent changes, so I say go for it, you'll have a blast.

I won't be there on the 17th, my first game day of the year will be march, but if you're there come say hello and if we end up on the same side we can support each other. Hit me with a message of you want and I'll describe my gear and you can look out for me at site.

just played the depot again today. Since you already own pistols you will be just fine just take at least 1 speed loader out with you the safe area is so close you can duck in if gas is a problem.

Seen a lot of people running pistols today and doing great. If I was only ever going to play at this site I would have purchased a pistol already but outdoors where people can full auto you will be out gunned. 

@Rogerborg that 17th game sold out with over 3 weeks to go. I was raging as it would have been my ukara game. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Musica said:

@Rogerborg that 17th game sold out with over 3 weeks to go

It's a case of F5-ing the booking page or their Facebook feed at the moment to bag a booking.  The annoying thing is that they always get some no-shows on the day, but there's no way for folk to unbook and free up a slot.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for input, I haven't been able to booking yet working on those day  next one i would be able to go to will be 31st March will be my second visit on more and i can apply for my defence.  I have got a speed loader 2x25 mag and i got x1 50 round  magazine. playing on booking it once it on the site  going to try pistol only.

• Supporters

Sounds good.  I rarely get through 100 rounds in a game, so 1x50 + 2x25 plus a speedloader should easily see you through. As mentioned, worst case you can just jump back into the safe zone during a game and rebomb.

If you're looking for things to drop money on while you wait for your UKARA, grenades really help at the Depot.  I'd recommend a TRMR impact (ideally with a tri-shot base) or a Dynatex timed BFG.  .209 primers are fine indoors.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Sounds good.  I rarely get through 100 rounds in a game, so 1x50 + 2x25 plus a speedloader should easily see you through. As mentioned, worst case you can just jump back into the safe zone during a game and rebomb.

If you're looking for things to drop money on while you wait for your UKARA, grenades really help at the Depot.  I'd recommend a TRMR impact (ideally with a tri-shot base) or a Dynatex timed BFG.  .209 primers are fine indoors.

Can you give some ideal prices for the trmr and dynatex on sale?

Can't justify them at RRP maybe the dynatex but not the trmr.

• Supporters

I've never seen them come up on anything like a proper sale.  You might see £5 or £10 knocked off here or there, but I suspect demand is high enough that retailers don't feel minded to try and clear out their stock.

£100 for a TRMR multi shot at https://jdairsoft.net/trmr/trmr-e1/trmr-e1-x4-multi-version sounds steep, but the demand means that it'll hold much of that value.  I often get as many grenade as gun kills at the Depot.

35 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I've never seen them come up on anything like a proper sale.  You might see £5 or £10 knocked off here or there, but I suspect demand is high enough that retailers don't feel minded to try and clear out their stock.

£100 for a TRMR multi shot at https://jdairsoft.net/trmr/trmr-e1/trmr-e1-x4-multi-version sounds steep, but the demand means that it'll hold much of that value.  I often get as many grenade as gun kills at the Depot.

That's actually a pretty good deal.

When I got mine a few months back they didn't sell it as a multi. I had to buy the regular version and buy a separate multi shot base.

I mean, at least I have both bases incase I wanna use 9mm or magflash but I doubt I'll ever have a reason to and I could have saved myself £25!

• Supporters

Mmm, annoying for us, good news for anyone buying now.

More to stop myself from buying them than as a recommendation, there's a couple of 6 shot Alpha Tec BFGs up in the classifieds at £70 each inclusive of postage and fees.

12 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Mmm, annoying for us, good news for anyone buying now.

More to stop myself from buying them than as a recommendation, there's a couple of 6 shot Alpha Tec BFGs up in the classifieds at £70 each inclusive of postage and fees.

this is currently in my wish list. really want them but dont have the funds hahaha 

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I will use that as a baseline price and keep my eye out. Deffo see the advantage of the trmr but I have also seen it not go off multiple times.

my next and 3rd game is on march 17th so I am thinking my ukara should be sorted out for payday at the end of that month leaving me with 475 quid. I want a scorpion evo so the remaining is to buy magazines/speedloader and batterys/charger. Should be a manageable budget so  unless I see the trmr go for a deal I will keep the credit card hidden. 

5 minutes ago, Seven said:

I literally just booked the 17th about an hour ago... Come say hi!

this for the depot 

8 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

Im Tempted hah, @Seven

I'm currently booked for the 3rd and the 17th... Tempted to book the 31st too. We'll see. Come say hi whoever is going.

I don't know too many folks in depot except Roger and Silverfox.

I have a couple other friends who play depot but they ain't played in aaaages although one friend sounds like he's getting his rifle fixed real soon so he may be making a comeback.

Edit: And provided elite shooting centre get some more recoil springs in stock soon I should be rocking my new slide assembly in march. Pumped!

6 minutes ago, Seven said:

I'm currently booked for the 3rd and the 17th... Tempted to book the 31st too. We'll see. Come say hi whoever is going.

I don't know too many folks in depot except Roger and Silverfox.

I have a couple other friends who play depot but they ain't played in aaaages although one friend sounds like he's getting his rifle fixed real soon so he may be making a comeback.

never played the depot, no ideas of people lol more expensive than it is up at fife war games the fortress . 

Archived