Sign in to follow this  
Drakos

40mm camera prototype - is it allowed?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

I'm trying to design a 40mm launched camera for some cool aerial shots (quite literally) and I want to make sure i do it by the book. No point making this if I can't use it!

Can anyone point to the laws/rules regarding 40mm and projectiles? I only intend to use it on private and empty land, maybe over some trees or a field.

Can't see it being illegal as such. However if you want to use it in a game, as in shooting over people. Bare in mine even a small camera weights enough to do some damage when falling from a reasonable height.

If it's not over anyone don't see why not. There maybe an issue if you fit stabilising fins.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.