Bolt action snipers.....anybody got unbiased review?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m currently leaning towards an SRS or RWA Lee Enfield.....

I don’t mind a rifle that is “average” but I don’t want anything shite lol

For the next month or so my Practical Shooting is switching to pistol and bolt action, and I don’t have a bolt action.

Honestly, I’m thinking about gas to make the bolt pull easy and fast, but open to suggestions.

• Supporters

You can turn the SRS into a HPA rifle if you’d like. 

But the SRS is the best out of the box rifle. 

Knowing you, you’d possibly prefer building one... so perhaps a TM VSR with upgrades for accuracy rather than range would suit you best.

You can get good range on a VSR with accuracy. I built mine with Action Army parts for the hop and piston, crazyjet barrel (same length as OEM) with a 90 deg Springer Custom works VSR-10 S-trigger (Pro), a skee nub and a what is now knackered Maple bucking (to be replaced with a Modify Tan bucking soon). It's spot on.

I don't have an SRS and I'm not saying either is better however the VSR can certainly do the job of shot placement over distance.

I'd still like to see the Enfield (pimped up internally if needed), it look's awesome. And certainly different to the norm.

I guess with a VSR Vs SRS; it comes down to the pref of bullpup Vs traditional Remington style.

End price is probably fairly even. SRS is more pennies up front...

19 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

You hate bullpups.... Just sayin' .....

Hate is a very strong word............I might say they are not my favourite weapon configuration 🦄

Out of the box and have little want or need to open it up - SRS.

Buy it, modify it, learn every screw, o-ring and part intimately, spend hours tweaking it and obsessing over it - VSR.

RWA - I have no experience of (sorry, but it does look good).

I would probably say that if you just want to buy and shoot to go for an SRS and that comes from a VSR owner.

I'd still probably suggest the SRS. Getting the perfect setup on a VSR is an absolute labour of love and often you end up buying a part 2 or 3 times over to get the "right" one although I've just placed an order with AirsoftPro.cz and that seemed quite painless, well priced and I'm relatively sure their parts will work well together.

I'd disagree on the VSR 😉

My VSR build was painless however I have built air rifles and shot targets for 35 years previously to airsoft so perhaps it's just a learning curve.

I don't mean that how it sounds, honestly I don't! I can't word it any other way... just being honest.

Research goes a long way too. I mean most things haven't advanced for a long time so there's plenty of reference out there.

I would love an SRS one day and it's good to know they're so reliable and well built. 👍

Archived