Would like to start a team - Watford / north London

Rick0000
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys 

I am looking for some people to start a team with and play together at least once a month. I’m based in Watford/north London. Would like us all to commit to say last weekend in the month and play at various sites max 1.5/2hrs travel away. Would be happy to organise and do bookings etc. I currently play as a pair with my mate and we are looking to get some comms and get a little more serious. What’s your thoughts peoples 

Good luck dude!

What is your play style?

How you both currently play and in what roles?

LMG, DMR, Sniper, etc

What comms do you use?

Baofeng? :)

Is the shirmish map up to date? (Question to the forum)

If so, the list of sites 1.5-2hrs away from London would be handy. I'd say that is usually the max travelling distance for most of us.

Do you have a lower age limit?

Do you have an upper age limit? Haha! 

You can edit your post to add this in, I think it will help others to know if they are a fit.

• Supporters

id recommend a forum search bud , there’s already a few threads about setting up a team/joining a team and the pitfalls of setting one up with people who didn’t know each other before they joined a team .

I think it's probably best to recruit from games you play at as that way you get a better idea of playing style, sportsmanship, personality etc. 

Without seeing how people behave and react on the field, you could end up with someone 'below par' and then you'll have to get rid of them after the first game as a team. 

• Supporters

what grey said 100% ! You advertise for a team , you get some players to join , seem ok , first game , AND turn out to be total bellend’s and bang ! Your tarred with the same brush .😢 

What sites are you playing? Might be better to find some other players in your area and just get to know each other first before making a team. 

I know you have reforger just down the road(which hopefully I'll be there this weekend) and the Xsite The Outpost is a good little site. 

Not sure what else is close. 

39 minutes ago, Grey said:

I think it's probably best to recruit from games you play at as that way you get a better idea of playing style, sportsmanship, personality etc. 

Yeah, it'll just happen naturally if you gel. I started as a one man army, the next game I'm attending we have 18!

(If all can attend)

Hi Rick, I'm based in Enfield so not too far. 

Trying to organise a team of randomers is hard. My "team" is just a group of my close friends who enjoy playing. We have a WhatsApp group and I just tell them when I'm booking and where and they let me know if they are coming. 

I echo the above in terms of seeing what happens when you meet people. Play a few times with them and then say do you want to join / give them a patch whichever way you want to do it. 

Radios are great if you know how to use them properly, unlike my mates who just talk into their masks. They don't always work great in CQB though depending on places you go to.

Plantation is a great site, that's in Billericay. I didn't enjoy red1 the school but you might. I don't know many people that recommend Bunker51 in Woolwich. As someone suggested above, the new reading one sounds interesting however it's battlesim and not a skirmish site. 

UCAP also run the bunker which is in Portsmouth which is slightly over your time but is apparently fantastic. 

The Gaol in Leicester is, to this day one of my favourite sites. It's urban CQB with some outside areas, short/medium and long range can all be played here.

Tech brigade is average and that's in cuffley (ish). 

It really depends on your play styles as to where you go. Try both out, meet some new people and enjoy it. Don't get caught up in having a team, let it happen naturally and you'll probably find it's easier to communicate etc

Archived