G&G L85A2 ETU Piston Reconmendations

raynor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

Just had my 5th game with my L85 and at the beginning, I chronoed on 254fps which I thought was weird but as I'm new to the game I didn't see this as much of an issue as it seems to be firing straight with a decent distance.  About 30 min into the game through the gearbox started to make a horrible noise and stopped firing. when tilting the barrel towards the floor bb's when rolling out so I thought it may be a jam (Just like the old days with the real thing :) ) so I quickly stripped it in the field but no Jam.  Luckily there was a Gun tech on sight who has informed me that the plastic teeth of the piston have been ground down and that I will need a replacement 19 tooth piston.

Based on this could anyone recommend me a quality piston that will not let me down quite as quick?

Also, does anyone know how to stop the bolt cover from falling off as this keeps happening and ends up rattling about?  I have seen replacements for this on fire-support that come with 5 hooks (Image Below) but I don't see these hooks anywhere in the rifle so I suspect I may be missing them?

showimg.php?id=1911&size=lge

Kind Regards

Raynor

• Supporters

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/pistons/shs-ra-19-tooth-piston-sr25-l85

About the cheapest you’ll find it. Even if it isn’t, service is phenomenal. If @ak2m4 has it in stock, I’ll always order from him first.

Dont forget when you get a piston, you may need to think about Piston Head as well.

I removed my bolt cover because it got on my damn nerves.

@Prisce Thanks for the recommendation. I just ordered 2 pistons for now. Not bothered with the heads yet though as I figured the one it currently has should be good as I would consider the gun still near new. 

Archived