Are 40 Mikes Worth It?

Guardsman394
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As you can guess from the title, I'm interested in purchasing a 40 mike and a UGL to go with it. I am aware of the controversy surrounding the product and I think that was just due to the way it was marketed (Ie: videos from creators shooting eachother at a distance of less than 10m). I would be intending to use it as way of clearing larger areas from a long range, the purpose of an actual UGL (I assume, I'm no army fanboy that knows everything). I would be expecting to be aiming up and letting the BBs fall onto my opponents as apposed to shooting them point blank with it. The current sites that I attend allow the use of 40 mikes and I just think that slapping a UGL on the bottom of my L85 would look awesome.

Thanks in advance.

They are honestly one of the coolest things ever. Sadly however, most sites have banned 40 mikes.😭😭😭

• Supporters

honestly, from being both on the sending and recieving ends outdoors i've found them terribly underwhelming.

whilst the range and spread is significantly better than a standard 40mm shell it's still not really good enough, and it's easier just to use the rifle to shoot someone.

not to mention they aren't exactly reliable, even if you follow the loading procedures correctly it's pretty common for it to just jam and vent gas without the bb's.

they're also really expensive, and running a launcher is lots of extra weight for not much gain (in airsoft at least assuming you're not running tag's)

• Mostly Retired Moderators
1 hour ago, heroshark said:

There's also the master Mike coming out shorter range, more spread, less bbs and less power.

The master Mike looks ideal to be honest.

The same rapid deployment, but over a much larger spread at shorter distance.

Much more effective "Grenade radius"

They should've gone with this design before the 40 Mike I think.

This said Imo I would also echo Mr.Hamsters feelings on the matter. Regardless of the gas 40mm type. And to expand the only way I'd use tags is in their proprietary launcher as its nothing less than amazing . Much better accuracy, range and a darn sight more practical than the shells.

3 hours ago, Guardsman394 said:

As you can guess from the title, I'm interested in purchasing a 40 mike and a UGL to go with it. I am aware of the controversy surrounding the product and I think that was just due to the way it was marketed (Ie: videos from creators shooting eachother at a distance of less than 10m). I would be intending to use it as way of clearing larger areas from a long range, the purpose of an actual UGL (I assume, I'm no army fanboy that knows everything). I would be expecting to be aiming up and letting the BBs fall onto my opponents as apposed to shooting them point blank with it. The current sites that I attend allow the use of 40 mikes and I just think that slapping a UGL on the bottom of my L85 would look awesome.

Thanks in advance.

40mikes suck, not worth your friendship. 

also, aiming up isn't going to work, that's blind firing. and since the walls aren't made of cardboard, that's not really something that works. 

12 hours ago, L3wisD said:

The master Mike looks ideal to be honest.

The same rapid deployment, but over a much larger spread at shorter distance.

Much more effective "Grenade radius"

They should've gone with this design before the 40 Mike I think.

That looks a lot more interesting and CQB friendly

Edit:life is short and i dont want to chat about 40mikes haha - the master mike looks cool though. 

The L85 UGL is out of production and rare but does occassionally pop up second hand -of course if you have  ras theres loads of railes attached ones.

I love 40mms but there is a fairly high upfront cost and with the exception of tag you basically have a bb blunderbuss!

Archived