Escape from Tarkov

Seany.exe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So who's been jumping on this? I got it during the new year sale. Will definately be upgrading the the EOD version at some point. Not because the stash size is bigger, that's coming in an update soon for those with a small stash. But because the game is just frikkin awesome.

The basics: Military simulation FPS with RPG elements. Massive weapon modification system with risks. Take your chosen gear in, if you die it's all gone, if not you keep what you carry.

The game is still in closed beta right now,  and it is currently plagued with bugs. Sure it can be a hot mess at times however this is to be expected with early access. The Devs seem to be responsive enough and listen to the community via the forums. 

Anyone on this or looking for something new to play I definately recommend checking this out.

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/

• 5 months later...

I’ll be playing when my pc is fixed 

• 5 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Fanfata said:

The game is still in closed beta right now,  and it is currently plagued with bugs. Sure it can be a hot mess at times however this is to be expected with early access. 

.... and a lot of people don’t realise what a beta is 

• 2 months later...
On 29/01/2019 at 00:16, Seany.exe said:

Will definately be upgrading the the EOD version at some point. Not because the stash size is bigger, that's coming in an update soon for those with a small stash. But because the game is just frikkin awesome.

Lies lies lies lies lies. You just like to drop more money so if they took away the "incentives" which lets be honest are pay to win you would still just want to give them more money? 

Having a bigger stash lets you horde more gear making deaths /gear losses less impacting for that player also the bigger container you can take out with you lets you stash an expensive item if your getting jumped. 

Last time I played it was full of cheating/glitching people. This type of game just attracts toxic people because it's an outlet to be a dick in the first place. Also body armour was way too strong when you buckshot a guy I don't care how many plates he has on hes going down and isn't turning around and shooting back. 

40 minutes ago, Musica said:

Lies lies lies lies lies. You just like to drop more money so if they took away the "incentives" which lets be honest are pay to win you would still just want to give them more money? 

Well, they have essentially taken away the incentives you mention - there are now restrictions on using the special containers you get, and you can upgrade the stash with the standard in-game cash, as I did last night. Anti-cheat systems are now in as well, thank christ

13 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Well, they have essentially taken away the incentives you mention - there are now restrictions on using the special containers you get, and you can upgrade the stash with the standard in-game cash, as I did last night. Anti-cheat systems are now in as well, thank christ

Good to hear but I suspect the developer will just look for another way to extract your disposable income. They really don't seem very consumer friendly.  

What type of restrictions on the containers?  

1 minute ago, Musica said:

Good to hear but I suspect the developer will just look for another way to extract your disposable income. They really don't seem very consumer friendly.  

What type of restrictions on the containers?  

I doubt that TBH, obviously I could be wrong down the line but they've shown no sign of wanting to introduce bullshit microtransactions etc - it's a beta though so lots can change

Currently you can't put certain items into the container, before or after the raid - what people would do is stick a plate carrier into the container, meaning they could carry a shitload of mags/ammo/etc in addition to what they're carrying normally - they're planning to eventually make it so you can't put *anything* into the container during the raid, but just take stuff out - which is a fantastic way to proceed imo

2 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

I doubt that TBH, obviously I could be wrong down the line but they've shown no sign of wanting to introduce bullshit microtransactions etc - it's a beta though so lots can change

Currently you can't put certain items into the container, before or after the raid - what people would do is stick a plate carrier into the container, meaning they could carry a shitload of mags/ammo/etc in addition to what they're carrying normally - they're planning to eventually make it so you can't put *anything* into the container during the raid, but just take stuff out - which is a fantastic way to proceed imo

Yea I got a bit fed up of fighting people only to find them slipping their helmet in to their container.  

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Wait, this is the game where the devs abused YouTube's copyright strike system to get negative reviews banned, right?

Sod them sideways and running.

The dev team is Russian ... what else do you expect

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Raytd said:

The dev team is Russian ... what else do you expect

To be pleasantly surprised, but I never am.  The curse of being an optimist.

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Fair play!

Escape from tarkov looks awesome!

lads if you lot are into FPS games join my discord server , all gamers and airsofters - https://discord.gg/SDHJAbR

• 11 months later...

Love and hate Tarkov played MANY hours on this game.

Got to like level 45 before a wipe playing on and off.. lost endless amount of loot due to bugs the most broken aim bot scavs and rat camper pistoleer's

Came off it and started playing BF4 again.

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

I play this game - as my main game for the past 2 years. Absolutely fantastic game to play solo with a few friends. I run a small discord group for EFT along with some players in it which we go airsofting - for anyone interested :) PM me.

Highly recommend if you like a tactical realistic FPS.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.