Which Tachanka Helmet for my loadout

SeniorSpaz87
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Which Tachanka Helmet for my loadout  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Glass cover or slit cover?

• Glass
    • Slit

• Supporters

I need to decide whether to go with the classic Tachanka "slit" style Maska-1 or the glass-covered K6-3 style. The Maska will provide better airflow and look better for an OG Chanky loadout, but the K6 will provide much better field of view having almost 5x the opening. Both are going to cost me about the same, weight is about the same, and Ill still have to wear full-seal under it. Chanky uses both - the K6-3 is a headwear skin so it does fit the operator.

Maska-1:

71cKG1DfiyL._SL1500_.jpg

K6-3:

619_7.jpg

• Supporters

The second looks like Bender from ‘futurama’ ! 😳

• Supporters

Not cheap these Russian helmets, huh? £150 and £160 respectively even for the replicas by Gear Craft!

I've always like the look of the K6-3 for some reason. 

I voted for the Maska;

Less vision but more airflow.

The K6 is instantly more PUBG so at a first glance that would be what I would think if I saw it.

There's always someone with a K6 whereas I never see anyone with a Maska. Originality etc....

TBH I like them both but the Maska is more medieval like a knight which is also cool.

EDIT: Get both... :lol:

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, Immortal said:

I voted for the Maska;

Less vision but more airflow.

The K6 is instantly more PUBG so at a first glance that would be what I would think if I saw it.

There's always someone with a K6 whereas I never see anyone with a Maska. Originality etc....

TBH I like them both but the Maska is more medieval like a knight which is also cool.

EDIT: Get both... :lol:

Those are fair points. However I will be running around in full soviet kit (So far I have almost perfectly matched his equipment and I have just placed a rather expensive order from Russia for the rest. Add in either the PP-19-01 I am getting or the DP-28, plus his helmet markings and I think Ill be fine if I go K6-3.

*Update I am now REALLY leaning towards the K6-3. I just found a version with integrated comms which is a huge bonus - I hate those little Secret Service mics I would have to use otherwise.

621_11.jpg

The OG Chanky with his K6-3 and my German mate messing around at a local site:

38492369_2147739472218038_935555460319150080_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.cdninstagram.com

*Note thats a prop LMG. We arent idiots with loaded mags and no eyepro.

On 29/01/2019 at 06:59, SeniorSpaz87 said:

*Update I am now REALLY leaning towards the K6-3. I just found a version with integrated comms which is a huge bonus - I hate those little Secret Service mics I would have to use otherwise.

The version with the integrated comms is called an Altyn, Get working your neck muscles now, I had a replica K6-3 and with the visor on the helmet it was really damn heavy.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, sevizy said:

The version with the integrated comms is called an Altyn, Get working your neck muscles now, I had a replica K6-3 and with the visor on the helmet it was really damn heavy.

Oh yea. At the training facility I work at we often wear full kit when working with SF guys, so Im used to moving around in plated armor and helmets. Thanks for the info on the name.

Archived