I can't believe I am doing this... R6Siege loadout.

SeniorSpaz87

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

God help me, for what I am about to attempt is either going to be the most stupid thing I have ever done in airsoft, or one of the best...

So almost everyone who plays both airsoft and Rainbow 6 Siege has had at least a fleeting thought about making a Siege kit for airsoft. And who better to impersonate than our lord and savior Tachanka. At least thats what I thought. But hey, that'd be a pretty difficult one to do, especially for someone in the US. Hence, it was only a fleeting thought and a wistful imagination... At least until a few days ago.

So what would be needed to make a proper T'chanky-kang loadout - Well, uniform, helmet, vest, ppk (lets be honest - if you use the GSh-18 then go home), 9mm AK variant (not a fan of shotguns in airsoft), and finally, the piece de resistance - the DP-28 (I know its called the RP-46 in game, but that is incorrect. The 46 is a belt-fed modern(ish) variant of the 28 meant to cut down on weight). I actually know a guy in Florida who's done a pretty decent job making a Tachanka kit - the best ive ever seen actually used in airsoft. 

kfydb2q660bz.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=91fef99e14ce99039c2c811d9841850e96d2d2aa

However, at the same time he hasnt done much work to his AK (I would like to be able to field it competitively), vest is wrong (should be a 6B23), and pouches are kinda random IMO. He still turns heads on fields which is great fun, but like all mates I want to one-up him so I plan to. Of course just a bit more detail, a better-upgraded AEG, and a PPK would be enough, but I plan to go one step better. I plan to make the DP-28.

So how would this work... Well, originally I thought about 3D printing the body in parts, utilizing a p90 engine and hop, then 3D print a circular shell around a P90 mag for the mag (my work with Safariland reverse-engineering guns to make holsters and accessories means I believe I could do it). That was back in the dreamer stage. However, like most of the rest of the kit I realized I already had a partial solution. I have a G&P Stoner 63a, which is top fed. If I removed the feed tray cover and mag cradle I could make a fixture that attaches to the open space left by the feed tray cover. This would eliminate the trial and error of trying to make the DP body, as I would only have to focus around the feeding from the mag (which will be a challenge itself). Better yet my 63a is already upgraded by Bingo (if you dont know him hes made some of the best custom Polarstars, but quit several years ago. I own 3 of his guns. Therefore that would hugely cut down on costs. However I could still go with the make-your-own approach - let me know.

The reason Ive gotten all excited about this is that, besides the challenge the DP proposes, I have a lot of the kit already. I have a full set of Chechen ATACs, which while not quite Alfa like he wears, it is one of his uniform skins and I think works better than Alfa, which still being very close in color. C-ATACs has the added bonus of possibly being accepted as a Tan uniform, which would allow me to run with my preferred side for MilSims, but thats not a huge concern. I have a 6B23 vest, I have a PPK, so All I would have to buy would be the AK, helmet, and p90 parts for the mag.

One question I do have is wether to go with the slit-style Maska 1 shown here or the glass version, which would take away from the OG Chanka look but give me a better view. I have to wear eyepro under both either way as they arent full-seal.

Thoughts? I will also report on the build as it happens here.

Spaz

• Supporters
Just now, Immortal said:

You only live once so I say go for it dude 👍

The slit version may give better airflow, that's all I can say as I know nothing of what you're talking about but it sure sounds cool.

Oh I'm doing it. No doubt about it. 

• Supporters

hey man if you're embracing the meme enough to custom build a gun then go for it, airsoft needs more people prepared to run not an m4 let alone going for proper custom kit.

Maybe an M14 gearbox with a butchered p90 hop and magazine. The rest would be bent sheet aluminium and 3D printing. A rs bipod and other bits would really go that step further if you can find them

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Maybe an M14 gearbox with a butchered p90 hop and magazine. The rest would be bent sheet aluminium and 3D printing. A rs bipod and other bits would really go that step further if you can find them

Possibly. I think Im going to try the 63a approach first as that'll be both faster and cheaper. Maybe afterward Ill come back and make a true DP.

Love R6 Seige, I've pumped more hours into that game than anything else on the PS4. Would be cool to have a load out like that.

There are  a few good vids of people make R6 gadgets. This one is pretty cool one where they make Blitz's shield.

• Supporters

My main point of worry right now is whether to get the glass or slit helmet. Guess Ill make a poll.

• Supporters
Just now, kasaran said:

https://grey-shop.ru/Helmet/Replica-Helmets

Cant think visibility is good in any of them tbh

You're right, but if it gets too bad you can always raise the visor. 

• Supporters

Since it currently looks like both my and the public's opinion is the K6-3, heres what a non-black K6-3 looks like in a full loadout. The one I'd get would be OD with Chanky's marking on it to make it even less PUBG-y

The OG Chanky with his K6-3 and my German mate messing around at a local site:

38492369_2147739472218038_935555460319150080_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.cdninstagram.com

*Note thats a prop LMG. We arent idiots with loaded mags and no eyepro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Small update.

Uniform, Defender 2 vest, gloves, holster, canteen, Maruzen PPK/S, Zenitco furniture for the PP-19-01, v3 Fusion Engine (went HPA as the SP-28/Stoner 63A hybrid is already HPA so Im going to have a tank on me regardless), and all but one of my patches have arrived, the last is coming from StitchMeUp. My 600 Euro order left Russia yesterday so I am excited for that, the PP-19 itself should be here Tuesday, and then its on to building the kit and making the necessary modifications. Fun times.

IMG-2652.thumb.JPG.d5131e7acc8e79ad6b3f82faf67f6cd2.JPGIMG-2648.thumb.JPG.67cf5cfe40ef248ca285ce11b5cec5ad.JPGIMG-2647.thumb.JPG.d7de26a7b39a15f22c754faf2a76c6ac.JPG989320806_hloiu.jpg.45e35a8f4e6234230cadd75276803a43.jpg

I had a pretty good start with making Siege from R6 siege, but gave up as I couldnt wear let alone play in a gas mask and unless I could find a LARP sledgehammer/crowbar thing he had for knife kills I didnt think it would be worth it so gave up.

Interested to watch your progress though

• 3 months later...
  • Supporters

Small update. Been fighting with the shop and PayPal that I bought my gear (almost $600s) from. Apparently they did something wrong and my order got siezed by Russian Customs. They did not inform me of this, and simply assured me that shipping from Russia can take a long time (this is true). Managed to figure it out myself, so that dispute is not underway. In the meantime I have made good progress on the rest of the kit. I have obtained a better PPK, one of my PP-19-01s is done while the second is being built (why I need two I will announce later), I have obtained a K6-3 helmet, and a proper Defender 2 vest. I am probably going to go with Tachanka's DLC Kryptek uniform, or a Tropentarn uniform as the base (Russians call Tropentarn Splav and its used in several Gorka suits). I would go with what is often referred to as "Alfa" (Russian: Gold Berezka), but there are so few options out there beyond oversuits that I dont think it will work too well for me. I have since placed a replacement order with a much better, yet pricier company that should have my stuff here within a week or two. 

I have also began work on making a proper DP-28. I took a Matrix ZB-30 (basically a BREN), am making a new stock for it, and am working on making some way for real DP-28 mags to be used with it. I have successfully converted/modified a pan mag to work with BBs; it will hold around 2000 rounds, and will even 'tick' down like the real one. I do need to still get spring tensions down correctly, but I cant do that until I have the gun with me (its off having the stock made).

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Sounds like good progress.

Still liking the sound of a proper replica dp28, how are you doing the mag mechanism out of interest?

That mag itself or how it attaches?

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

The mag itself

Its similar to some auto-winding drums, like C mags. A follower on the roof of the mag applies pressure to the BBs, forcing them to the feed tray. The follower being on the roof allows the natural mechanism to spin as it would on a real one. Once I have a finished product Ill post a video.

You sure its a PPK he uses? Not a Makarov? (which is a PPK copy)

• Supporters
1 minute ago, EvilMonkee said:

You sure its a PPK he uses? Not a Makarov? (which is a PPK copy)

He uses a PPM, which is a variant of the Makarov. The issue is, there isnt a good airsoft version of it. There's the KSC C02 variant, which sucks, and a WE. WEs are notoriously hit or miss, with subpar performance compared to some of the others. The PPK is almost identical to the PPM, there are much better options out there for PPKs, and I already have a brass'd Marushin PPK. The difference is almost impossible to notice outside of the Walther logo on the grip, so its as good as I can get.

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Its similar to some auto-winding drums, like C mags. A follower on the roof of the mag applies pressure to the BBs, forcing them to the feed tray. The follower being on the roof allows the natural mechanism to spin as it would on a real one. Once I have a finished product Ill post a video.

so it's a hopper feed but with a pressure plate rather than gravity to stop the bb's rattling?

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

so it's a hopper feed but with a pressure plate rather than gravity to stop the bb's rattling?

Yea pretty much.

• Supporters
Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

fair enough, wouldn't have thought the dp mag was tall enough for that?

Its tall enough for a 7.62 round, sooo. Essentially it can fit two bbs on top of one another

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.