Full face protection that doesnt fog?

Ryfoolz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, so for the first time ever i had my trusty virtue vios fog on me this weekend, probably will just need to replace the lens but its got me looking at other options, has anyone used the AWT ARMOR WARRIOR TACTICAL G4 PROTECTION HELMET and if so how does it perform? any other recommendations are always welcome!

helmet.jpg

If your looking to go full face/helmet i highly recommend getting a warq helmet. I fog anything and everything i wear but the warq has never let me down. 

49 minutes ago, Lokai said:

If your looking to go full face/helmet i highly recommend getting a warq helmet. I fog anything and everything i wear but the warq has never let me down. 

How big are they? I have an absurdly large head and I tend to just look at things and they fog :D

• Supporters

The one you’ve put up I found the visor was too small for the distance it’s away from your face , admittedly it didn’t fog but you’ve a very small field of view through it so I cut a new larger one for mine from a motorbike visor then cut the mesh back and fitted it for a much better field of view .👍

PS the Warq helmets are nice but me personally thing the price is way too much once you’ve added the ‘extras’ it needs its silly money .😳

33 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

The one you’ve put up I found the visor was too small for the distance it’s away from your face , admittedly it didn’t fog but you’ve a very small field of view through it so I cut a new larger one for mine from a motorbike visor then cut the mesh back and fitted it for a much better field of view .👍

PS the Warq helmets are nice but me personally thing the price is way too much once you’ve added the ‘extras’ it needs its silly money .😳

That sounds pretty ideal then, do you have a picture of yours? i work in a college and dont fancy turning up looking like a 16 year old with welts all over my face so i think that a full mask would work out better! :D

1 hour ago, Ryfoolz said:

That sounds pretty ideal then, do you have a picture of yours? i work in a college and dont fancy turning up looking like a 16 year old with welts all over my face so i think that a full mask would work out better! :D

I think the dye masks are the best option great FOV, ear protection and full face protection. 

If my goggles and face mask don't work well I am going to spring for one. 

I'll be honest, everything an I mean everything will fog in some condition. Nothing is immune. The best solution are antifog air pumps which can be put in a counterweight pouch on a helmet. Patrolbase sell some.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, cropzy said:

Dye I5.

Or the Dye i4s for £100 less. 

1 hour ago, Gepard said:

Or the Dye i4s for £100 less. 

Dye i3’s that I would probably have to pay someone to take off my hands ......

I actually did wear these in game for one day last year.  These are probably 14 to 15 years old (the lens has been replaced quite a few times), and there was a fairly good reason why I dismantled them the other day.

07EE9739-3DA6-456E-89DF-E9776E23AE52.jpeg

7C956E6C-E4FE-4E34-B002-00CFCD72A041.jpeg

AC26A7B9-B8BF-4F78-AA7B-B5507D64F774.jpeg

A757586F-15D5-4293-8816-11E9EEBA88F7.jpeg

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Dye i3’s that I would probably have to pay someone to take off my hands ......

I actually did wear these in game for one day last year.  These are probably 14 to 15 years old (the lens has been replaced quite a few times), and there was a fairly good reason why I dismantled them the other day.

07EE9739-3DA6-456E-89DF-E9776E23AE52.jpeg

7C956E6C-E4FE-4E34-B002-00CFCD72A041.jpeg

AC26A7B9-B8BF-4F78-AA7B-B5507D64F774.jpeg

A757586F-15D5-4293-8816-11E9EEBA88F7.jpeg

Related image

• Supporters
3 hours ago, cropzy said:

Dye I5.

Had one , really really didn’t like it , can’t put my finger on it why but just did not like it at all so sold it .

6 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Had one , really really didn’t like it , can’t put my finger on it why but just did not like it at all so sold it .

Absoultely a key point

Heads and goggles are all different.  

Forum threads can only give people’s personal subjective opinions, 

The only way to know the right ones for you as an individual is to try them on.

On 28/01/2019 at 11:05, Ryfoolz said:

Hey all, so for the first time ever i had my trusty virtue vios fog on me this weekend, probably will just need to replace the lens but its got me looking at other options, has anyone used the AWT ARMOR WARRIOR TACTICAL G4 PROTECTION HELMET and if so how does it perform? any other recommendations are always welcome!

helmet.jpg

I have one of these best protection going. Been shot by snipers no problems only BB to get in was through vent holes in helmet at close range. Almost no foging ever without treating the lens and I am old and can fog anything. Did mod the head band to soft leather as original covered my forehead in black bits.

• Supporters
On 28/01/2019 at 18:03, Musica said:

F**k me sideways that price  ! I could get a couple of illegal immigrants to run along side mopping my brow with a cold sponge for less than that ! 😱

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

F**k me sideways that price  ! I could get a couple of illegal immigrants to run along side mopping my brow with a cold sponge for less than that ! 😱

Lol, I'm too tight for that, got me thinking, maybe I could rig up a small bellows on the side of my rig with a tube to me goggles, on the plus side I'll have no fogging, but I'll look like I'm playing the bagpipes during firefights 😳

IMG_4207.JPG

38 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

My mask does have its own fan that with the visor comes to i think like 50 quid ish? Thought sod that i can print one for a couple of quid, v1 looks okay, it works but needs some refinement!

5F20468A-DC48-41C8-8E15-FB76C8ACFCD9.jpeg

yea the price is outrageous for what its but unfortunately it seems to work bloody well and sure you can bodge something but to get it as light weight and mountable as this you'l be lucky.

In my opinion this is for people who don't want to run a dye mask but don't want to run mesh and fog has defeated them in to opening their wallets. For me at the price I'd probably get the ess turbo fan goggles or a dye mask instead but if you've already invested in pricey goggles it might be better to try this. 

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Musica said:

yea the price is outrageous for what its but unfortunately it seems to work bloody well and sure you can bodge something but to get it as light weight and mountable as this you'l be lucky.

In my opinion this is for people who don't want to run a dye mask but don't want to run mesh and fog has defeated them in to opening their wallets. For me at the price I'd probably get the ess turbo fan goggles or a dye mask instead but if you've already invested in pricey goggles it might be better to try this. 

OR buy a set of cheap ass fan goggles of fleabay AND butcher them to pieces and use the fan from them to ‘up-grade’ your own kit ? 😉

It's just a battery powered aquarium air pump in a fancy case is it not?

I've seen a bloke with one on and it looked llike he was a coffin dodger from Florida in need of pure oxygen at a glance.

Archived