Larry Airsoft

Mr.BeansOnToast
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all! Hope you are all having a good weekend, I have been thinking is going to airsoft alone the norm for most? I have seen many vids with skirmishers going to a game by themselves and was wondering if it is a regular thing, as soon I will be going by myself and wondered if will be the only one? 😂 again hope you are all having a good weekend, good day ✌️

Hi

Many people start of going on their own, that's how I started. 

But if you make friends on the forum or on the sites you play at you might start going with a group, which is my experience.

As with anything in life, play fair, eg take your hits, be friendly and you will find some mates to regularly play with.

Cheers

G

Just now, MisterG said:

Hi

But if you make friends on the forum or on the sites you play at you might start going with a group, which is my experience.

As with anything in life, play fair, eg take your hits, be friendly and you will find some mates to regularly play with.

Cheers

G

Exactly this.

• Supporters

I wouldn’t say it’s normal or abnormal.

My brother started first, alone, then I started at a different point, and went alone. Then we went together, then we met and made friends, and now we go as a mini army most places.

Its normal to start on your lonesome, but before long you’ll have made some new friends and will have more company than you ever expected.

99% of airsofters are approachable,they can and will advise and help ..you only have to ask.As above you will easily make friends especially if you use a regular site.

6 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Hi

Cheers

G

I am his friend...😏

When I started I would go alone and would chat to a few people. I noticed a fella on here went to the same site so we met up and then another and another and so on. We now have an average of 12 of us in our 'team'. We have a whatsapp group just for it to talk about all things airsoft. We go regularly and whilst we're spread all around the m25 the distance makes no real difference. Our ages range from mid twenties to sixties! But we all get along and it's great. A real band of brothers so to speak 👍

Yep, same story here.

Went on my own the first time.  Chatted to a few guys at the tables and then the second time met more guys, more chatting, and now part of their group (even tho I don't play as often as them)

...and that's the story of how I met Snuff and MisterG ^ :D

To be honest it really doesn't matter if you go on your own or in a group because once play starts most split up and you hardly see them.  You just organize and play with whoever is next to you.

Don't take it too seriously, laugh when you get hit, put your hand up and shout 'HIT' and respawn... simples

• Supporters

I prefer solo, if we're being honest.  You're only responsible for yourself, and can be the first to briefings rather than tailing along at the end when your +1 is being a Terry Tardy.

It's not like it's hard to get chatting to folk when you're there.

I went with a few people first time but found it very hard to get everyone to be free to book again so I booked to go solo. You get split up anyway and unless you have radios you can't stay together through respawns.

Archived