Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YorkieT17

Another Theft Alert. HQ Driffield

Recommended Posts

I have copied this message directly from the site’s Facebook page.

 

a break in & theft has been reported at HQ Airsoft in Driffield, East Yorkshire

 

 

I’m very sorry to have to say that HQ has been broken Into. 
A group have come onto the site with heavy metal cutting equipment deliberately to steal Airsoft equipment. They have left behind other valuable items and targeted the Airsoft RIFS
We can not get in until scene of crime has been to obtain a full list however this is what we know of so far. 
1 brand new stihl chainsaw. 
Various ICS rifles brand new
Cm16 Firehawk x2
Cm16 wildhog
A cm16 firehawk with custom paint job 
Various cm16 combat machines as hire weapons Black and Tan crane stock and full stock x30 
5x G&G cm16 collapsible stock non tailed version in boxes 
G36 rifles x8
Magazines 
SRC rifles various black and two tone. 
Pyrotechnics ! 
Chocolate. 
And probably other items can’t get in properly until scene of crimes have been.

If you find anything for sale that looks suspicious please let us know as soon as possible or call humberside police quoting log number 249 of 26/01/2019

 

 

I will update if more information emerges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just coming on here to do that my self.

 

Bastards hope they catch them and get the stuff back, good site and bunch of guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

Still surprises me why people leave RIfs etc on site, the only thing we leave on site is the garden chairs for people to sit on

sometimes you don't have a choice. I don't think anyone thinks it's a good idea. 

But sometimes you end up getting a call that little alice has had a slip and fall at a friends house, or that your Bf's car has broken down, ande then there isn't enough space, and lets face it, if they're insured, you're going to leave the insured stuff behind. 

Even if not, the police are going to shit themselves over fake guns, in a way they won't over cooking equipment. 

But I digress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vulpiness said:

sometimes you don't have a choice. I don't think anyone thinks it's a good idea. 

But sometimes you end up getting a call that little alice has had a slip and fall at a friends house, or that your Bf's car has broken down, ande then there isn't enough space, and lets face it, if they're insured, you're going to leave the insured stuff behind. 

Even if not, the police are going to shit themselves over fake guns, in a way they won't over cooking equipment. 

But I digress.

 

Personally I think its irresponsible to leave items like that on sites that for all intensive purposes have no-one there for majority of the week (in some cases even longer) the amount of RIf's listed as with the numerous sites over the last year that have been robbed could have been stored off site in any number of places.

 

Being insured isn't the point, they are replica firearms. It's exactly the reason I don't agree with people hanging their guns in their houses on peg boards, its just asking to be robbed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

 

Personally I think its irresponsible to leave items like that on sites that for all intensive purposes have no-one there for majority of the week (in some cases even longer) the amount of RIf's listed as with the numerous sites over the last year that have been robbed could have been stored off site in any number of places.

 

Being insured isn't the point, they are replica firearms. It's exactly the reason I don't agree with people hanging their guns in their houses on peg boards, its just asking to be robbed.



I don't condone it personally, but shit happens, last time at my site someone left after a friday night game for personal reasons, though "ach it's one night" be back tomorrow, sit got stolen.

My point is, stuff happens, and sometime you can't spend 2 hours packing up the van, hey maybe the van wouldn't start... but lets not  be too hastey to jump to "someone was a bit silly eh?" 

I keep my gun room curtains closed permanently personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Vulpiness said:



I don't condone it personally, but shit happens, last time at my site someone left after a friday night game for personal reasons, though "ach it's one night" be back tomorrow, sit got stolen.

My point is, stuff happens, and sometime you can't spend 2 hours packing up the van, hey maybe the van wouldn't start... but lets not  be too hastey to jump to "someone was a bit silly eh?" 

I keep my gun room curtains closed permanently personally. 

 

 

Don't take what I'm saying as being arsey, I totally see what you are saying but if you aren't prepared for eventualities then that's equally as silly.

 

We spend about an hour packing up at the end of the day including all shop stuff and rental runs. All of it is stored off site, locked away and under CCTV. Personally at home all my stuff is locked in an actual gun safe but I've done a fair amount of real steel shooting so maybe I'm being overly cautious doing the same with my RIF's. Friend kept all his stuff in his garage on wall pegs thinking they wouldn't get nicked low and behold they did along with all his other gear.

 

I appreciate most people don't have the space/capability to store like I do at home and like our site does but personally if I were  to open my own place one of the first things I would do if I had to store RIF's and stock would be to look into the best and safest place I could regardless of how inconvenient to my time it would be to get it all out and put it away again. I personally don't understand why people have gun rooms or guns on display other than just to either show off or for their personal gratification of looking at them every day 🤣

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

 

 

Don't take what I'm saying as being arsey, I totally see what you are saying but if you aren't prepared for eventualities then that's equally as silly.

 

We spend about an hour packing up at the end of the day including all shop stuff and rental runs. All of it is stored off site, locked away and under CCTV. Personally at home all my stuff is locked in an actual gun safe but I've done a fair amount of real steel shooting so maybe I'm being overly cautious doing the same with my RIF's. Friend kept all his stuff in his garage on wall pegs thinking they wouldn't get nicked low and behold they did along with all his other gear.

 

I appreciate most people don't have the space/capability to store like I do at home and like our site does but personally if I were  to open my own place one of the first things I would do if I had to store RIF's and stock would be to look into the best and safest place I could regardless of how inconvenient to my time it would be to get it all out and put it away again. I personally don't understand why people have gun rooms or guns on display other than just to either show off or for their personal gratification of looking at them every day 🤣

 

 

I don't think you're being arsey at all, but I do think that sometimes circumstances come up that require normal procedures to be suspended, and not everyone has access to equal resources,it also says in this case they brought specialized metal cutting equipment, which means we don't know what security measures they overcame in this case, but I'm pretty sure you can plazma torch your way into a safe, or jaws of life or whatever. 

Sometimes people get in a mood where they stop giving a shit, just wanna go home and sleep, I suppose I'm trying to say, mileages vary. 

Plus, it's not like airsoft shops don't leave all the stock where it is, or jewellry shops even. 

I have a bedroom, a gun room/.study and a sitting room/gaming room. I'm a collector of things, so being able to appreciate what you've gathered is indeed gratifying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

     The Rifs and some other items where stored in a steel container. They would have had cutting equipment to get in due to the size of the lock and the amount of steel proctecting the lock . This container has been used to store items for numerous years with no issues.

 

Its down the scum that have stolen it all .. Luckily it is not going to effect the games but may effect the limit on hires until they are all replaced.

 

It is impossible for us to take everything off site and tbh they only took the RIFS and the maroons and some other bits. Most of what was in there was thrown all over like they where searching for something.

 

Currently in the process of looking for cameras/alarms :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A can of lighter gas and a hammer will bust most metal locks. There is no way to stop someone intent on getting into something if the will is there. Locks are just a deterant. It's a real shame it's happened to you and I am glad it hasn't impacted your site too much. Shame on the people that did this. I hope they get caught although I suspect they will not be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obvious inside information by the thieves, hope they are caught.

Perhaps if penalties were higher and thieves were not kept in holiday camps there would be less crime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, gasman said:

Obvious inside information by the thieves, hope they are caught.

Perhaps if penalties were higher and thieves were not kept in holiday camps there would be less crime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Nothing says punishment like a few months/years playing xbox and playstation and having three meals a day on the tax payer, aye?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/01/2019 at 09:00, Vulpiness said:

Even if not, the police are going to shit themselves over fake guns, in a way they won't over cooking equipment. 

 

Apparently not. Contact Front had theirs broken into and police closed the investigation within a month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gepard said:

 

Apparently not. Contact Front had theirs broken into and police closed the investigation within a month. 

that's like 28 more days than I'd expect, normally it's "here's your case number for the insurance." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/01/2019 at 14:27, Mike W said:

Hi,

     The Rifs and some other items where stored in a steel container. They would have had cutting equipment to get in due to the size of the lock and the amount of steel proctecting the lock . This container has been used to store items for numerous years with no issues.

 

Its down the scum that have stolen it all .. Luckily it is not going to effect the games but may effect the limit on hires until they are all replaced.

 

It is impossible for us to take everything off site and tbh they only took the RIFS and the maroons and some other bits. Most of what was in there was thrown all over like they where searching for something.

 

Currently in the process of looking for cameras/alarms :)

 

Missed your reply mate, sorry about that.

 

If you cant remove stuff from the site due to logistics and stuff then fair enough. Shame this seems to happen quite frequently now and the fact people seem to know what they are targeting seems to suggest that its people that know the stuff is there. Once the idiots that were vandalizing our place realized all we keep in the metal container was chairs they soon gave up and didn't bother. instead they just smoke their weed and get drunk and seemingly leave before we arrive on a Sunday morning. typically they only go down there in the summer but little do they know we are having a marshals camp out this year to hopefully catch them and stop them using our benches as firewood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that both Airsoft and Paintball sites are being targeted at the moment. seems like a select few going round nicking, should have there hands chopped off when caught.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair like most who post these things I just posted this as a deterrrent to anyone trying to sell on. Just to let them know we check the classifieds and know what we are looking for. 

 

Agreed the best way to prevent theft is target hardening but for someone who has targeted a specific item/site then this is only likely to slow them down.

 

In any case this would now be shutting the gate after the horse has bolted.

 

Non-domestic burglaries are not a priority and are unlikely to become so for the foreseeable future.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×