Silverback SRS Thread

sonofsammo

On 26/02/2020 at 20:30, Steveocee said:

Quick share, GSPEC mode activated.

Using a new FAST hop with SBA 60 flat hop and a ZCI 380mm stainless @ak2m4 barrel, it does protrude into the suppressor a bit but wow does it feel more agile.

IMG_20200226_195221.thumb.jpg.4eda3d33ca5162561704c0557402e9c6.jpg

You seen much change in performance shrinking down to the g spec? 

Just got all the parts to do it myself, thinking of using it with back pack sling as a secondary with an aeg.

22 hours ago, Hunka1988 said:

You seen much change in performance shrinking down to the g spec? 

Just got all the parts to do it myself, thinking of using it with back pack sling as a secondary with an aeg.

Had 1 trip out with it and it didn't shoot any different but was significantly easier to move around.

Hoping the better barrel and Rhop paired with better airbrake, spring and spacers will get it shooting a smidge better as well (once lockdown ends)

1 hour ago, Steveocee said:

Had 1 trip out with it and it didn't shoot any different but was significantly easier to move around.

Hoping the better barrel and Rhop paired with better airbrake, spring and spacers will get it shooting a smidge better as well (once lockdown ends)

I've got a lambda 6.05 and faceless r hop and rubber combo going in. Hoping for decent results. You set on PDI?

48 minutes ago, Hunka1988 said:

I've got a lambda 6.05 and faceless r hop and rubber combo going in. Hoping for decent results. You set on PDI?

Already got the PDI and faceless stuff ready to go. Just waiting on a V3 mouse fart (on its way now) and pom spacer rings.

In 2 mind of Rhop or SBA 70 flat hop.

Yes

Honestly get a 2j rapax spring, were talking a few quid, or any m150 spring which are cheaper than the rapax but toughen the bolt pull. The rapax is the way forward tbh. Any m150 spring will get you up to max or near as dam it FPS.

Stock you can take 70m clean. With a rapax you're taking 95m kills. 

Tldr; like I said , yes

On 18/04/2020 at 21:30, Lollingsgrad said:

General question for owners; I'm seeing a lot of upgrade discussion on this thread. If I just bought this RIF and played with it with no intention of upgrading anything, would I have a good time?

Yes but as above, this is a sniper so need an FPS advantage so bigger spring is a must.

SRS is in bits at the moment but installed the V3 mouse fart today. It really is a work of art. I ordered the version with pom guide rings as well.

Just dropping it into the cylinder it seals!

Getting a rapax 3J in a few days so will rebuild and report back.

Thanks; decided to preorder the A2 Sport, here's hoping it's as good as the A1 apparently was! Slightly concerned the stock spring guide is nylon but it's a cheap part to replace if it goes bang.

15 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

installed the V3 mouse fart today

PS lol

12 hours ago, Lollingsgrad said:

Thanks; decided to preorder the A2 Sport, here's hoping it's as good as the A1 apparently was! Slightly concerned the stock spring guide is nylon but it's a cheap part to replace if it goes bang.

PS lol

The A2 will be every bit as good, from what I've read it's mostly a cosmetic upgrade and making some parts more easy to attain after purchase. Internally they are the same for the essential stuff.

The mouse fart is a lol but the V2 performs well and I can't wait to try the V3, when (not if) you go variable weight piston, a VMP with mf is worth a look at as well as the wasp and edgi.

I only went mf as I'd already bought the VMP.

40 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

The mouse fart is a lol but the V2 performs well and I can't wait to try the V3, when (not if) you go variable weight piston, a VMP with mf is worth a look at as well as the wasp and edgi.

You're overestimating my knowledge, I figured mouse fart was a hilarious autocorrect :B

• 1 month later...

Heya gents. 

Looking yet again at getting an SRS. 

Heart set on a Covert 16" A2. 

Want to lift .48s or heavier, not hugely interested in lots of finagling to get an extra knats chuff length of extra range either. 

Reading through looks like I need a Rapax 2j spring, fast hop, what bucking do I go with?

Regards to mags. Are the plastic ones just as good as the metal ones?

Spring depends on a few things, you might need a 3j and loose a few coils. But Rapax is the way to go. Use the bucking that comes with the fast hop. 

Mags; Plastic are obviously lighter, metal are more robust. They are also twice the price.

o7

Does anyone know if you can put a .338 silencer onto a .308 brake?

5 hours ago, Hedzshot said:

Spring depends on a few things, you might need a 3j and loose a few coils. But Rapax is the way to go. Use the bucking that comes with the fast hop. 

Mags; Plastic are obviously lighter, metal are more robust. They are also twice the price.

o7

So I bit the bullet and loosened the purse strings. I couldn't find a Rapax Spring for 2J. (I dont want to joule creep so less power is fine and it means scope for a tighter barrel at somepoint).

I just went for a standard SBK M150. Not fussed about the bolt pull really. 

Grabbed a 16" Covert A2 on Pre order. Fast Hop, M150 spring and 3 extra Steel mags. 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I am looking to pick up my first sniper RIF and would like something quality OOTB as I have no knowledge or honestly, interest, in teching. The SRS A2 seems like a good option or perhaps an SSG10. 

Either way, I have been trying to find out the differences between the Sport and Covert A2 options? Both 16". I can't find any information telling them apart other than I know the sport is £100 cheaper for some reason. 

Does anybody have any idea on this? Thanks

2 minutes ago, Pop said:

Hey guys, I am looking to pick up my first sniper RIF and would like something quality OOTB as I have no knowledge or honestly, interest, in teching. The SRS A2 seems like a good option or perhaps an SSG10. 

Either way, I have been trying to find out the differences between the Sport and Covert A2 options? Both 16". I can't find any information telling them apart other than I know the sport is £100 cheaper for some reason. 

Does anybody have any idea on this? Thanks

Covert has bull barrel (solid with no spacers as not needed) and muzzle break where sport is hollow outer barrel into 24mm CW with end cap and uses barrel spacers.

Covert has metal mag where sport has polymer.

Think that's about it tbh, all internals are the same and performance is the same.

1 minute ago, Steveocee said:

Covert has bull barrel (solid with no spacers as not needed) and muzzle break where sport is hollow outer barrel into 24mm CW with end cap and uses barrel spacers.

Covert has metal mag where sport has polymer.

Think that's about it tbh, all internals are the same and performance is the same.

Thanks Steve.

Am I right in thinking the sport only supports plastic magazines with short followers that had feeding issues, and the metal magazines from the covert support the long followers? 

I think if it's just the barrel then I'll save the extra £100. 

3 hours ago, Pop said:

Am I right in thinking the sport only supports plastic magazines with short followers that had feeding issues, and the metal magazines from the covert support the long followers?

Sport supports the same magazines as Covert.

PSA by the way, the HTi long followers fit the plastic magazines and feed to the last BB. It also prevents the bolt from locking forward when you're empty which I find very useful. If you're the sort to hulk the bolt forward you run the risk of chopping the follower so try at your own risk.

20 hours ago, Pop said:

Either way, I have been trying to find out the differences between the Sport and Covert A2 options?

Quick summary, probably all mentioned already but w/e:

- Sport has simple barrel with spacers and a 24mm thread, Covert has a fancy one that doesn't need spacers and a 14mm thread with a muzzle break with a 24mm thread on it.

- Sport has a plastic handguard.

- Sport doesn't have a thrust bearing on the spring guide.

- Sport comes with the new plastic mag (plastic and metal mags are compatible with all SRSes).

The Silverback website has downloadable part diagrams for the Sport and Covert you can see these differences with. I own an A2 Sport with the G-Spec barrel.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. Just recieved my SRS 16" Covert.

I installed the Fast Hop and Srs M150 spring. It's coming out at 292fps on .48s. Is this about right? Someone mentioned on the facebook group it's a little on the low side. If that's the case. Any tricks to up it a little bit?

2 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Hello all. Just recieved my SRS 16" Covert.

I installed the Fast Hop and Srs M150 spring. It's coming out at 292fps on .48s. Is this about right? Someone mentioned on the facebook group it's a little on the low side. If that's the case. Any tricks to up it a little bit?

Just sorted it myself! Put PFTE tape around the bucking (Accidently ripped the nub so used the spare bucking that came with the SRS). Removed all the Original white grease and applied 100% silicon oil on everything that sealed.

Put it all back together and its now firing 316 FPS on .48's which is the equivalent to roughly 489 FPS on .2's. with a 2 FPS variance. So pretty happy! Just need to test the hop to see if it lifts with the changed hop rubber and I should be done!

@Asomodai only just seen your first post. Yeah so keep a few things in mind. The FB SRS group is predominantly EU guys who have higher FPS limits so they will always see us firing "a bit low".

Air seal "should" always be great with a SBA rubber and FAST but a touch of PTFE doesnt hurt as you've found. Shoudl be able to cock it, put your thumb over the end, pull the trigger and the piston sit a good way out solidly with no leaking.

Your figures now sound really good with what you have, with a fully tuned VMP, Rapax 2J and Mousefart I am about 319 on a 0.48 so you're not missing ut on anything.

Only thing I would advise would be to grab yourself a Rapax 2J directly from his website. Easier bolt pull, consistent power and less twang. https://rapaxsprings.com/

Have a look at some dry lube on the outside of your cylinder, again eases the bolt pull even more.

Other than that, if it is at the right power and it's working, have fun!

2 hours ago, Steveocee said:

@Asomodai only just seen your first post. Yeah so keep a few things in mind. The FB SRS group is predominantly EU guys who have higher FPS limits so they will always see us firing "a bit low".

Air seal "should" always be great with a SBA rubber and FAST but a touch of PTFE doesnt hurt as you've found. Shoudl be able to cock it, put your thumb over the end, pull the trigger and the piston sit a good way out solidly with no leaking.

Your figures now sound really good with what you have, with a fully tuned VMP, Rapax 2J and Mousefart I am about 319 on a 0.48 so you're not missing ut on anything.

Only thing I would advise would be to grab yourself a Rapax 2J directly from his website. Easier bolt pull, consistent power and less twang. https://rapaxsprings.com/

Have a look at some dry lube on the outside of your cylinder, again eases the bolt pull even more.

Other than that, if it is at the right power and it's working, have fun!

Cheers for the advice!

I just had my first range test. I have to rack up the Fast hop with stock rubber to the max (8 or 9) to lift a .48 to around 100 Google metres. Does that sound about right? I have seen many people saying they only have to put it to 4 to lift, but thats with aftermarket rubber and nubs.