Silverback SRS Thread

sonofsammo

2 hours ago, Hedzshot said:

Hey guys

Does anyone know what weight bbs I should be using with a stock A1 ( m150 spring only upgrade )?

From what I’ve read else where, 0.40’s looks like the right match...any help would be appreciated 😁

As heavy as you can hop. Stock hop should be able to hop 0.4s, maybe make 0.43 if you take your time and get it perfect. Once you go FAST you're into the 0.5 territory!

1 hour ago, Steveocee said:

As heavy as you can hop. Stock hop should be able to hop 0.4s, maybe make 0.43 if you take your time and get it perfect. Once you go FAST you're into the 0.5 territory!

Okay so when you say take your time and get it perfect, are you talking about tweaking the hop to get the desired flight..straight then rise and drop...or..?

Is there a limit to the bbs we can use? 

10 hours ago, Hedzshot said:

Okay so when you say take your time and get it perfect, are you talking about tweaking the hop to get the desired flight..straight then rise and drop...or..?

Is there a limit to the bbs we can use? 

Of course there is no physical limit as such but you have to bear in mind that the stock hop is just 2 bolt ends pushing into a stock 60deg rubber. It won't ever offer a hop application as good as a top down style will do. Nothing says you can't use heavier, they just might not hop as well which would remove the point of using heavier ammo as it could potentially only range as far as lighter but take a split second longer to get there.

Stock >0.4

FAST >0.5

12 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Ain't that the truth. My set up can easily over-hop .5s. 
I run the fast hop set at 2.5 on .48s.
It's a shame they only make grey .5s... Then again, maybe it's not, for the sake of my wallet! 😂

6 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

It's a shame they only make grey .5s... Then again, maybe it's not, for the sake of my wallet! 😂

Oh but that's just because you're limiting yourself to plastic. Have a look at ceramic 👍 Muchos pennies but heavier and whiter than grey 0.5s (and quite possibly not allowed to use them on any UK sites lol) 

13 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Oh but that's just because you're limiting yourself to plastic. Have a look at ceramic 👍 Muchos pennies but heavier and whiter than grey 0.5s (and quite possibly not allowed to use them on any UK sites lol) 

Banned at all the sites I go to..
I tried using the greys - there was literally no point as I had no idea where they were going!

17 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Just chamber some 762 they will call their hits then.

Ceramic and metal bbs banned at all my sites and all sites I've read the rules on. 

I've started using the BLS .50's, at first I had no idea where they were going but after a while they are easier to see.

Are they any better than .48's? No idea yet, only got them because they were cheap from TG.

So far the Rapax 2J spring feels just as difficult if not slightly more to pull than the SBA M150. Maybe because it's new? Haven't chrono'd it yet but will do to see a comparison on J. The way it "feels" I'm expecting it to be warmer than the SBA M150.

Results of said Rapax spring testing!

So firstly let me pre-requisite, yes I know my J are a little warm for the UK, this will be resolved once the new barrel goes in along with a longer airbrake to bring them back under control. The gun is stored without a spring so no it's not a firearm sitting there. My testing 0.2's are a mixed bag, it does look like there was an inconsistency.

All shots fired on a 20" Sport with FAST hop set for 0.43s on it's last outing with SBA 60° bucking and a SBA airbrake piston head with medium brake inserted.

Silverback M150 using 0.2 in fps

Silverback M150 using 0.43 in fps

Rapax 2J using 0.2 in fps

Rapax 2J using 0.43 in fps

Other points to mention

So in a one after the other test I was wrong with my previous statement, the Rapax does feel a bit easier to pull than the SBA M150.

The Silverback spring has had 2 game days (read 1000) bolt pulls so is likely better bedded in than the brand new Rapax.

There was no spring twang!

Not impressed with the R-Hop patch 😡 It seems to have torn after 2 mags through it! Has been removed and a SBA rubber put in with the Faceless barrel to see if that fairs up any better. Can't say I felt any sharp edges on the window.

22 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Not impressed with the R-Hop patch 😡 It seems to have torn after 2 mags through it! Has been removed and a SBA rubber put in with the Faceless barrel to see if that fairs up any better. Can't say I felt any sharp edges on the window.

I had the same, mine had a chunk missing after a couple of shots. 

Out of interest what hardness patch did you get?

It was a 60 that tore, the 85 I replaced it with is holding up much better. 

1 hour ago, Hunka1988 said:

I had the same, mine had a chunk missing after a couple of shots. 

Out of interest what hardness patch did you get?

It was a 60 that tore, the 85 I replaced it with is holding up much better. 

Same, I went for a 60. I thought about buying a 70 but instead I've ordered an SBA 60 & 70 for spares as I'm having a tantrum at faceless lol

Just head a brainfart moment.

What nub did you use? The FOW wasn't in stock when I ordered so I went with a Stalker Tigra. I'm wondering if the pressure point was to long down the barrel as the FOW is more of a "thin" line across rather then a "pad" of pressure. I'm wondering if the Tigra applied pressure to close to the edges causing the rip.

**May have just ordered a 60, 70 and FOW as well**

Well...

I was using a stalker nub when it ripped. Definitely added to much pressure on the patch. So the nub may be common problem we had.

I then bought a fow nub and new patch.  Fow fits perfectly.

4 hours ago, Hunka1988 said:

Well...

I was using a stalker nub when it ripped. Definitely added to much pressure on the patch. So the nub may be common problem we had.

I then bought a fow nub and new patch.  Fow fits perfectly.

Identical experiences then. Does imply nub problem. I'm looking forward to the FOW arriving then.

Thought I'd sorted this but struck down at the start of the day, been chrono'ing fine, getting 2.2J but then when I tried to hop BB's (don't have a field to set up before hand). Either they were falling desperately short or jamming completely.

Combination was the SBA 60 rubber along with the Tigra nub.

So.....

Will strip it and wait for RHop stuff to arrive and use the FOW nub 

and.....

Ordered a G-Spec kit and extra FAST unit to use with a spare barrel I have to build up as a "hot swap" using the included SBA bucking and nub.

Will likely order a PDI 6.05 in time for it but meh, that'll be once the credit card is cleared (again).

• 1 month later...

Edit:

Cancelled that order, had a change of heart.

SBA fast hop chamber, FOW nub, 60 RHop and 100% Chamber seal.

Instead of a barrel, piston and silencer I’m going to get my boy some kit for his birthday. 

Any of you guys able to play despite the plague? I’ma say screw it and gonna play on the 12th 🤫

Edited by Hedzshot

On 26/12/2019 at 13:09, Steveocee said:

I'm in love! Sport plus the DTS suppressor looks awesome and the M150 with FAST chamber is giving perfect FPS & Joules.

Even got a 100% seal first time!

Out of interest which silencer did you go for @Steveocee?

10 hours ago, Hedzshot said:

Out of interest which silencer did you go for @Steveocee?

Went for a .338 initially  as it was only one in stock.

I've now bought another .338 for my gspec outer as the length is useful as the inner protrudes into it a bit.

Build has changed a bit from the above also. Now running PDI 6.05/380mm with faceless Rhop, FOW and 100% seal and have a Rapax 3J on order to use with long airbrake.

3 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Went for a .338 initially  as it was only one in stock.

I've now bought another .338 for my gspec outer as the length is useful as the inner protrudes into it a bit.

Build has changed a bit from the above also. Now running PDI 6.05/380mm with faceless Rhop, FOW and 100% seal and have a Rapax 3J on order to use with long airbrake.

Nice 👍 

I’d be interested to know if you have to cut a couple of coils off the 3j rapax to get the req j’s

On 05/04/2020 at 14:38, Hedzshot said:

Nice 👍 

I’d be interested to know if you have to cut a couple of coils off the 3j rapax to get the req j’s

I'm hoping not to. Not gone for a tight barrel and hoping the long airbrake will take a good chunk off. I'm finding the 2J just isn't enough for what I want, if I ran without air brake it would likely be ok.

Can lose weight off piston as well.