Silverback SRS Thread

sonofsammo

11 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Wow! Took it apart again the other evening and wiped out all the grease out of the cylinder guide area and off the outside of the cylinder. Relubed the cylinder with some Muc-Off Dry Lube and my god what an improvement! So much smoother bolt pull.

I tried the WD40 version PTFE, amazing difference isn't it. I've done the same with my VSR too. I also used the Muc-off disc brake cleaner on the VSR trigger set too and dry lubed that. I'll do the same with the SRS trigger once it's had a bit of use. Sooo much better than wet stuff.

Baby had her first run out yesterday. Was difficult to get a zero as there was a very sporadic crosswind, even when turning 90 degrees it seemed to whip around the woods but I get it more or less there.

Love how easy hop adjustment is on the FAST.

Mag changes weren't as bad as I feared.

Shoulder ached at the end of the day where the butt plate sits.

Set up to shoot 0.43's I chrono'd with 0.2's as per site rules and came in at 452FPS, that's using a sport stock barrel, full seal and M150 spring.

Had a similar outing on Sunday too. Wind was whipping about and changing directions. I did try to make some changes on the fly but as the wind was sketchy it was difficult to get a baseline. Still for a first outing it was a good test. I stripped the rifle the following day as I think the bucking wasn't quite perfect and it seems a lot better now (accuracy etc). Seemed alright at home and played up on the day - typical!

It was also a site I'd not played at before (meh...) which didn't add to the day, they don't give anytime for setting up which is fine but most places I go allow players to do their own thing a little if needed rather than having Marhsals start shooting at you when you've clearly ducked out the game for a reason - even after one had asked why I was not playing.

In fact one Marhsal assaulted a player on my team so I'll not be returning there anytime soon. Two players were having a light arguement over hit calling and the Marshal grabbed one player and went to pin him to a tree shouting insults in his face! Never seen that before. Not impressed...

I'll find out for sure next game how my rebuild holdsup. One thing I would say is it was amazingly quiet and a pleasure to shoot ignoring issues of the day.

13 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Had a similar outing on Sunday too. Wind was whipping about and changing directions. I did try to make some changes on the fly but as the wind was sketchy it was difficult to get a baseline. Still for a first outing it was a good test. I stripped the rifle the following day as I think the bucking wasn't quite perfect and it seems a lot better now (accuracy etc). Seemed alright at home and played up on the day - typical!

It was also a site I'd not played at before (meh...) which didn't add to the day, they don't give anytime for setting up which is fine but most places I go allow players to do their own thing a little if needed rather than having Marhsals start shooting at you when you've clearly ducked out the game for a reason - even after one had asked why I was not playing.

In fact one Marhsal assaulted a player on my team so I'll not be returning there anytime soon. Two players were having a light arguement over hit calling and the Marshal grabbed one player and went to pin him to a tree shouting insults in his face! Never seen that before. Not impressed...

I'll find out for sure next game how my rebuild holdsup. One thing I would say is it was amazingly quiet and a pleasure to shoot ignoring issues of the day.

Call out the site! Interested to know where this was! 

17 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Yeah please name and shame...

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

Call out the site! Interested to know where this was! 

1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

Yeah please name and shame...

Damn right, only time it might be deemed acceptable would be to separate players during fisticuffs, even then with measured appropriate restraint, they are paying customers after all.

download (4).jpeg

22 minutes ago, Immortal said:

SITE: Driver Wood, Crawley

Wow. I had a great experience with the marshals when I went there. 

Think it was just the guy having a bad day or it could be a regular thing?

24 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Think it was just the guy having a bad day or it could be a regular thing?

No idea to be fair, I've not been there before. They do have a home team which is often a point of contention so for all I know the player being defended could have been a home team player - I really don't know. However I do know regardless he shouldn't be getting physical with the customers - he should be defusing not agitating/assaulting. I'll not return there.

Personally I had no issue but I didn't enjoy the layout or games, they didn't flow.

Anyway back to SRS chat. :D

Just got home to find a parcel from Magya Posta;

Faceless 509mm barrel

Faceless R-Hop patch

Faceless 100% seal

Got to say the finish on the inside of the barrel is immense! Looks out of this world and that's before I've run it through with 99% alcohol.

>Also got some heat shrink to test on the spring guide. The original one I bought was too thick to get the spring over but have found a "thin wall" version which should be better than electrical tape. Will link if it works.

>Aaaaaaand my order of 19mmx2.5mm O-rings has arrived so I can fix my Mk23 mags hooray!

Just cut a piece off, probably got enough to do 10 spring guides on 1 order of this stuff. Fit's perfectly, used a heat gun rather than a lighter. As it's thin it doesn't try to hold shape so pulled tight one side before the other but has evened out well. Silverback spring fits over it with little to no resistance at all although will give it a think layer of grease before installing. For £3.29 I'm happy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thin-Wall-2-1-Heatshrink-Tubing-Black-Heat-Shrink-Ultra-Thin-Tubing-Per-1-Metre/273904251393?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=573754623689&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

4 hours ago, Steveocee said:

OK so thin wall heatshrink v1 didn't work, it turns out that its not got glue internally like the thicker stuff has so after a few bolt pulls it started sliding up the spring guide.

Installation v2 is going to involve the use of a pritt stick.

I reckon scoring the spring guide could help the heat shrink sticking more firmly.

2 minutes ago, Skara said:

I reckon scoring the spring guide could help the heat shrink sticking more firmly.

It did cross my mind, as did putting a couple of ribs out of electrical tape but the heat shrink is incredibly supple stuff. It's almost like heatshrink velvet because it's so thin.

42 minutes ago, Immortal said:

I watched the film "Glass" earlier; the Beast gets shot by a bloke with an SRS Covert at the end. 😎

First film I've seen one in.

There's one in John Wick.
And one of the chaps in Seal Team uses one on and off.
There are others which escape me currently...

• 2 weeks later...

Wassup all 😁 new member, new to airsoft and new SRS owner. Kinda thought fuck it if you're gonna go, go big. 

Grabbed myself a 20"sport stock apart from an m150 spring. 

Ran it on Sunday out of the box. No idea how I did... No scope ( didn't arrive in time) and the eye pro i had was pony. I could'nt see a scooby, at all, all day. A scope would of made chuff all difference. 

Playing on the 16th hopefully with the help of vision 👍

IMG_20200206_182028.jpg

On 07/02/2020 at 14:52, Steveocee said:

You literally only need an M150 and they're awesome.

Hope 16th goes better for you.

Thx man, grabbed some better eye pro and the scope is obviously mounted so it's already better than Sunday. 

Whilst I'm here... The bolt pull or last centimetre of it ( i know this is not a new thing), i removed the trigger sear spribg, no different. Its lubed up with silicone and dry ptfe. Am i right in assuming that the only way to have a buttery bolt is to upgrade the piston - wasp/silverback etc? 

Great run out yesterday. Using an M150 spring and medium SBA airbrake head set up for hopping 0.43's was making about 480 on 0.2's through the chrono (yeah I know but site dictated you chrono'd on 0.2s).

Have dropped an order into skirmshop for a Rapax 2J spring though to get an easier bolt pull and hopefully combining that with the faceless 6.04 & rhop I will be able to use the long airbrake and still make about 2.2J.

Only a few things left I want to get now. VMP for 1 and I'm thinking of a 16" outer with muzzlebrake and dtss barrel stabiliser (cheaper than a 420mm barrel)

Hey guys

Does anyone know what weight bbs I should be using with a stock A1 ( m150 spring only upgrade )?

From what I’ve read else where, 0.40’s looks like the right match...any help would be appreciated 😁