Silverback SRS Thread

sonofsammo

• Supporters

Hmm, can understand why that should be frustrating.  Hopefully you get it fixed soon.  I can’t suggest anything, because ours went together without issue. 

6 hours ago, Wo1f said:

no matter what bucking/ nub i seem to use, it seems to be not enough hop, not enough hop, too much hop that it jams the gun. I never get to the point where i get lift.. I bought a pre cut R hop patch, hoping to fix my issue and it was cut badly. I'm gonna send it to somebody with more patience than me.

I had the same problems until my current set up:
CJ barrel / super bucking
FAST hop chamber with the nub that came with the kit.
Lifting .48s on setting 4 (ish)
The standard hop unit I couldn't get to lift anything beyond .4's.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my SRS gen3 covert + DTSS suppressor today.

Had a small issue where one of the hopup holes in the receiver wasn't aligned properly, making it impossible to put the long hopup screw in. 

Had to drill it slightly, bit disappointing from a QC point of view.  The issue would have been obvious if anyone tried to put the screw in.

Tried the m160 spring initially, 480fps on .20 with no hop, but damn it was hard to cock.

Dropped down to the 150 spring which does seem more usable.

With no hop I was getting a lot of joule creep, looking on a FB group I saw that someone else had a similar experience.

Comments on there seemed to indicate that this is normal.

My test results with M150

0.20 @ 416fps = 1.61J - seems low

0.43 @ 346fps = 2.39J

0.48 @ 335fps = 2.50J

With some hop added, the .20fps rose to 432fps, the other weights only rose by about 2 fps.

Looking at the Joules for the .43 and .48's I'd either need to drop down to a 140 spring or use 0.43 and relax the spring a little.

Edit:

Looking at this thread

it doesn't look that far off from where I am

2.3J on 48.s and 1.8J on .2,s.

27 minutes ago, lukeB said:

Got my SRS gen3 covert + DTSS suppressor today.

Had a small issue where one of the hopup holes in the receiver wasn't aligned properly, making it impossible to put the long hopup screw in. 

Had to drill it slightly, bit disappointing from a QC point of view.  The issue would have been obvious if anyone tried to put the screw in.

Tried the m160 spring initially, 480fps on .20 with no hop, but damn it was hard to cock.

Dropped down to the 150 spring which does seem more usable.

With no hop I was getting a lot of joule creep, looking on a FB group I saw that someone else had a similar experience.

Comments on there seemed to indicate that this is normal.

My test results with M150

0.20 @ 416fps = 1.61J - seems low

0.43 @ 346fps = 2.39J

0.48 @ 335fps = 2.50J

With some hop added, the .20fps rose to 432fps, the other weights only rose by about 2 fps.

Looking at the Joules for the .43 and .48's I'd either need to drop down to a 140 spring or use 0.43 and relax the spring a little.

Edit:

Looking at this thread

it doesn't look that far off from where I am

Either the WASP kit or the variable mass piston with an air brake can help with adjusting fps.

Skirmished it at the weekend, not bad.

Similar to @sonofsammo with the fast hop its lifting .48s on a setting between 4 and 5.

Buttpad kept failling off tho, I dont think its clicking into place properly.

1 hour ago, lukeB said:

Buttpad kept failling off tho, I dont think its clicking into place properly.

When you hook the pad into place, there's a latch at the bottom you need to check is engaged. Sometimes just needs an extra push.

Recommended bb weight to use with a stock srs 16inch covert apart from a spring to bring it closer to 500fps.

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Allen428 said:

Recommended bb weight to use with a stock srs 16inch covert apart from a spring to bring it closer to 500fps.

Fast hop or not?

With fast hop .48g

without .4g

3 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Fast hop or not?

With fast hop .48g

without .4g

Currently not but that is the the one thing I was planning on buying straight away, I am going to do more mods eventually but want to use it relatively stock for awhile.

So. 

I have sold my gas Tavor out of frustration and I am now looking at buying an SRS. 

But what to get?! There are so many choices! 

Looking at the Gen 3's from Firesupport. I am new to sniping, but I have an almost fully upgraded Well MB09 which is actually a lovely performer, all AirsoftPRO/Action Army internals apart from the Hop unit, which is stock and has an AirsoftPRO arm. Will the SRS be of similar performance out of the box?

I know this has been probably asked a-lot, but why would I choose the normal version over the sport? Is there any reason to get the longer version over the 22"? I am a tall guy, but I don't see myself with the 16" unless its actually a better performer then its longer cousins. 

Lastly... OD, FDE or Black?! 

8 hours ago, Asomodai said:

So. 

I have sold my gas Tavor out of frustration and I am now looking at buying an SRS. 

But what to get?! There are so many choices! 

Looking at the Gen 3's from Firesupport. I am new to sniping, but I have an almost fully upgraded Well MB09 which is actually a lovely performer, all AirsoftPRO/Action Army internals apart from the Hop unit, which is stock and has an AirsoftPRO arm. Will the SRS be of similar performance out of the box?

I know this has been probably asked a-lot, but why would I choose the normal version over the sport? Is there any reason to get the longer version over the 22"? I am a tall guy, but I don't see myself with the 16" unless its actually a better performer then its longer cousins. 

Lastly... OD, FDE or Black?! 

I can't comment on out of the box performance, as I never shot it stock. First thing I did was put an m150 spring in it.
As such, it was a good fun rifle, accurate as hell, but you had to be a bit sneaky so you could get in range for the shots.
There are a few reasons you would go for the 22/26:
You need the rail space
You want the outer barrel fitted to the inner (i.e. no requirement for barrel spacers)
You want a monopod
You need the rail space
The difference in price between the Sport and the Covert is around £130 last time I looked.
And tbh, I bought the sport cos I couldn't see where the money went and spent it on internals instead.
I wanted FDE, but got Black cos I'm an impatient fucker and the OD was out of stock lol.

The advantage of the shorter barrelled versions is that it' easier for you to hide in smaller spaces, without the need for more of your rifle sticking out...

• Supporters

My brothers SRS is the 16”, and fairly stock(only mod is fast hop, hop rubber and Nub- highly recommend you do this ASAP as it allows the gun to lift much higher ammo)

I will always go for the shortest version. It’s lighter, easier to wield and as @sonofsammo said easier to hide. Plus you save money buying it.

The difference between my brothers and my team mates SRS in price is £100s but range wise it’s only 15-20M... The real difference between them is noise, there are many cheap mods to make it super quiet. If you have had a read of my comparison and earlier posts about the SRS, you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about.

Thoughts on the Srs Variable mass piston or wait till W.A.S.P is back in stock? 

7 hours ago, Allen428 said:

Thoughts on the Srs Variable mass piston or wait till W.A.S.P is back in stock? 

I bought the vmp, as the WASP wasn't available (I couldn't be bothered to queue when patience was handed out).
It helped a great deal, but the trajectory wasn't as flat as the WASP.
I got the WASP as soon as it was in stock and have stayed with it. It seems to work better for my set up.
That being said - I think it all depends on your barrel/bucking/nub/hop unit set up...

1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

I bought the vmp, as the WASP wasn't available (I couldn't be bothered to queue when patience was handed out).
It helped a great deal, but the trajectory wasn't as flat as the WASP.
I got the WASP as soon as it was in stock and have stayed with it. It seems to work better for my set up.
That being said - I think it all depends on your barrel/bucking/nub/hop unit set up...

I’m also after the WASP but I’ve got no patients either lol so thinking of getting the VMP

2 hours ago, Allen428 said:

I’m also after the WASP but I’ve got no patients either lol so thinking of getting the VMP

Well in that case, say fuck it and get one!

The reason I did is because you never know how long it's going to be before more come in.
And one thing is - it definitely works better than the stock piston. Add in an air brake as well and your golden 😄 

• Supporters

Speak to Skirmshop and see how long till they get stock back in... if you ask nicely they may be able to get it shipped direct to you. And the Wasp is better.

On 31/03/2019 at 08:24, sonofsammo said:

I can't comment on out of the box performance, as I never shot it stock. First thing I did was put an m150 spring in it.
As such, it was a good fun rifle, accurate as hell, but you had to be a bit sneaky so you could get in range for the shots.
There are a few reasons you would go for the 22/26:
You need the rail space
You want the outer barrel fitted to the inner (i.e. no requirement for barrel spacers)
You want a monopod
You need the rail space
The difference in price between the Sport and the Covert is around £130 last time I looked.
And tbh, I bought the sport cos I couldn't see where the money went and spent it on internals instead.
I wanted FDE, but got Black cos I'm an impatient fucker and the OD was out of stock lol.

The advantage of the shorter barrelled versions is that it' easier for you to hide in smaller spaces, without the need for more of your rifle sticking out...

On 31/03/2019 at 09:46, Prisce said:

My brothers SRS is the 16”, and fairly stock(only mod is fast hop, hop rubber and Nub- highly recommend you do this ASAP as it allows the gun to lift much higher ammo)

I will always go for the shortest version. It’s lighter, easier to wield and as @sonofsammo said easier to hide. Plus you save money buying it.

The difference between my brothers and my team mates SRS in price is £100s but range wise it’s only 15-20M... The real difference between them is noise, there are many cheap mods to make it super quiet. If you have had a read of my comparison and earlier posts about the SRS, you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about.

Cheers for your advice guys. 

I have brought the choices to the 20inch Sport Gen 3 and the 16inch Covert Gen 3. 

If I were to get the sport could I just get these short rails so I can have side rails or would I require another piece of hardware?

https://www.longbowbb.co.uk/product-page/srs-rails-3-pack

I would like to have the shorter one, but I have no need for a bipod and the price difference between the Sport version and the 16" is £130. With that extra money I could grab the side rails, two extra mags and the fast hop and still have change left over. Is it true that the trigger is different on the sport version?

What do you guys think? 

7 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Cheers for your advice guys. 

I have brought the choices to the 20inch Sport Gen 3 and the 16inch Covert Gen 3. 

If I were to get the sport could I just get these short rails so I can have side rails or would I require another piece of hardware?

https://www.longbowbb.co.uk/product-page/srs-rails-3-pack

I would like to have the shorter one, but I have no need for a bipod and the price difference between the Sport version and the 16" is £130. With that extra money I could grab the side rails, two extra mags and the fast hop and still have change left over. Is it true that the trigger is different on the sport version?

What do you guys think? 

Well - I'm with the sport tbh - cos the extra £130 doesn't buy you much extra.

I do remember the trigger is different, but I can't find a reference to how it's different. All I can say is that I've never had a problem with the one on the sport.
You get one of those rails with the sport and just choose where you want it. I can't get at my SRS at the moment, but iirc you can put the rail pieces on any of the three sides the main rail is not.
The package you're suggesting would be a much, much better gun from the off than the covert.
You might want to look at an m140 or m150 spring too...

57 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Well - I'm with the sport tbh - cos the extra £130 doesn't buy you much extra.

I do remember the trigger is different, but I can't find a reference to how it's different. All I can say is that I've never had a problem with the one on the sport.
You get one of those rails with the sport and just choose where you want it. I can't get at my SRS at the moment, but iirc you can put the rail pieces on any of the three sides the main rail is not.
The package you're suggesting would be a much, much better gun from the off than the covert.
You might want to look at an m140 or m150 spring too...

I believe the standard trigger is adjustable where the sports is not. Doesn't bother me a huge amount. 

I think part of this is the wow factor of getting the full version, which when you're spending a fair amount of money, you feel you might as well go the whole hog. So I am still on the fence!

What spring does it come with stock? Or rather what FPS is stock?

Cheers!

• 8 months later...

Mine arrived a couple of days ago but the Mrs is playing hardball and won't let me have it until Christmas day. 

Gone for a 20" in OD with some extra's:

.338 DTSS Suppressor

FAST hop

3 extra mags

Couple of Silverback pouches to hold mags

M150 spring

First thing I do when I get it will be install FAST hop with new rubber and nub and PTFE it on to make double sure I get a good seal and clean the inner barrel out. Then field it from there and see what bits I want to swap or improve.

Have a half a bag of 0.48 Geoffs although I have just bought a bag of my preferred 0.43's and have a Swiss Arms 3-9x50 scope to add on.

On my "maybe soon" list I've got a prowler or FOW nub (not sure if I should upgrade bucking as well?) and the airbrake piston head with M160 spring.

• 2 weeks later...

On 04/12/2019 at 16:07, Steveocee said:

Mine arrived a couple of days ago but the Mrs is playing hardball and won't let me have it until Christmas day. 

Gone for a 20" in OD with some extra's:

.338 DTSS Suppressor

FAST hop

3 extra mags

Couple of Silverback pouches to hold mags

M150 spring

First thing I do when I get it will be install FAST hop with new rubber and nub and PTFE it on to make double sure I get a good seal and clean the inner barrel out. Then field it from there and see what bits I want to swap or improve.

Have a half a bag of 0.48 Geoffs although I have just bought a bag of my preferred 0.43's and have a Swiss Arms 3-9x50 scope to add on.

On my "maybe soon" list I've got a prowler or FOW nub (not sure if I should upgrade bucking as well?) and the airbrake piston head with M160 spring.

Getting 100% seal on the fast hop is a nightmare.

Have a look on https://sniperupgrades.com/

The fow nub, 100% seal bucking and rhop patch for the standard barrel make it a beast. I had trouble with prowler causing jams.

Good luck

On 12/12/2019 at 21:51, Hunka1988 said:

Getting 100% seal on the fast hop is a nightmare.

Have a look on https://sniperupgrades.com/

The fow nub, 100% seal bucking and rhop patch for the standard barrel make it a beast. I had trouble with prowler causing jams.

Good luck

Bought a fresh roll of PTFE today just in case. Faceless store is shut until after Xmas but FOW is on my list as well as a pdi barrel and rhop patch.

Anyone know if the TNT SRS Hop Chamber is better than the fast hop?

EDIT 1: Found negative info regarding the TNT bucking but nothing much regarding the hop unit itself...

EDIT 2: Negative info on the TNT hop unit too so no replies needed now....

lol :lol: (Chatting to myself anyway, again...)