Silverback SRS Thread

sonofsammo

No idea how many of us have one on this forum, but thought I'd find out!
I've got a gen 3 Sport, with DTSS suppressor.
Started off with variable mass piston, air brake and m150 spring - came out at 2.29J.
However, at my last game, was struggling to hit targets at 60m (thankyou google maps!).
So today, I swapped the barrel for a 6.04 CJ (same length as original), the FAST hop unit and a prowler nub.
Joules have dropped to 2.01 and the bugger hooks to the left, so I think I need to take it to bits again. With the hop set to zero, it's lifting .45's easily, so I think I need to get some heavier BB's and see how I get on with them.
Just had notification that the WASP piston kit is on its way to me, so am looking forward to adding that too.
Scope is a Vortex Diamondback 3.5-10 x 50, on a replica desertech mount. Lovely scope that works really well in low light woodland...
I'm open to advice on my set up - I don't want much - I just want to splat the enemy at 80m...

IMG_2782.JPG

• Supporters

Hooking to the left- possibly the nub being off centre. Well probably. 

TNT bucking and Modified Prowler nub is what we use(brother and team mate)

Have you done any other modifications? There are a lot about.

More info here, I’m to lazy to retype.

Just now, Prisce said:

Hooking to the left- possibly the nub being off centre. Well probably. 

TNT bucking and Modified Prowler nub is what we use(brother and team mate)

Have you done any other modifications? There are a lot about.

Modified Prowler? I'm all ears!
I'll check the nub and keep my fingers crossed!

Not done any other mods yet. What ammo do you use?

• Supporters

I, @Wo1f just had to modify his to get it to work properly. There are multiple modifications people do this nub, I only know what ours has(cut and filed to size).

Jack uses Kicking Mustangs .48s. 

We use Geoff’s .4 upwards.

I wouldn’t put limping donkeys BBS anywhere near my gun on the basis of he’s a dick. I’m gonna do some testing tomorrow with Geoff’s .43 and then try something heavier. 

@sonofsammo I’ll show you what I did to the nub when I get in 👍

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I wouldn’t put limping donkeys BBS anywhere near my gun on the basis of he’s a dick. I’m gonna do some testing tomorrow with Geoff’s .43 and then try something heavier. 

@sonofsammo I’ll show you what I did to the nub when I get in 👍

I agree with you 100%, but apparently his BBs are good..

Im sticking with Geoff’s.

9 minutes ago, Prisce said:

I agree with you 100%, but apparently his BBs are good..

Im sticking with Geoff’s.

I have no doubt, I just can’t stand the prick

15 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

This was my latest failed shot. 62m. Which is why I want to make it better. Nothing more frustrating than nearly being hit by any AEG at the same range you can't hit them with a sniper!

Screenshot 2019-01-25 at 10.58.35.png

What’s the specs of the rifle? Even when mine was in its semi broke state I could hit something at 75m almost every time 

1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

This was my latest failed shot. 62m. Which is why I want to make it better. Nothing more frustrating than nearly being hit by any AEG at the same range you can't hit them with a sniper!

Screenshot 2019-01-25 at 10.58.35.png

Are you using tracking software to gps yourself or just looking on the map post game?

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

I have no doubt, I just can’t stand the prick

What’s the specs of the rifle? Even when mine was in its semi broke state I could hit something at 75m almost every time 

Specs are in my OP.

13 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Are you using tracking software to gps yourself or just looking on the map post game?

Just measuring on Google maps post game.

This time was easy as I was in a doorway and they were on the corner of a building...

My bad. Had a bit of a brain fart again. I’d advise against the crazy jet for a gun designed for an AEG. Purely because I don’t rate the buckings you have to use. The barrel is very good, but the bucking I’m not so keen on. 

The problem i had was the nub pushed the outside edges of the TNT TR hop bucking. To fix this I took some 800 grit sandpaper, put the nub on it and drag it dow the paper 6 inches. Check and repeat. It took me 3 strokes to get it completely flat. 

Did you get the bucking with the fast chamber? Might be worth going to the standard barrel, that bucking and the prowler first 

12F449E0-81CF-4465-983A-760BD948FBB6.jpeg

WASP set arrived today, but haven't had chance to fit it yet.
It's very pretty!
I think I need to change the bucking. People seem to suggest the maple leaf super bucking for use with a CJ barrel, so I may try that.
Onward and upward!

51049379_391866344896952_473447619566239744_n.jpg

But it’s an AEG chamber. Surely it won’t fit a thicker vsr type bucking

28 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

WASP set arrived today, but haven't had chance to fit it yet.
It's very pretty!
I think I need to change the bucking. People seem to suggest the maple leaf super bucking for use with a CJ barrel, so I may try that.
Onward and upward!

12 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

But it’s an AEG chamber. Surely it won’t fit a thicker vsr type bucking

Iirc ML did a SRS specific bucking 

Adventures in SRS land continue...

WASP kit ready!
Have fitted it and with the heavy sleeve and medium airbrake, I"m getting this:
2.02J / 311.3 fps on .45s
The trajectory seems fairly flat, but I have no idea how far.
It holds promise though!
I'm getting some .48s and .5s later in the week, so I'll test them and see how I get on.
Am also getting the Super bucking , so will give that a bash too.

Decided to add the long BB follower to the magazine at last. And broke it. temporarily. 
It seems to add the BB follower, you don't just stuff it down the feed tube. Who would have thunk it?
You have to take the mag to bits and it's very very toit!

Anyway, after an hour, job rectified and all working properly - Hurrah!

• 3 weeks later...

So, current set up is:

WASP heavy collar and medium air brake with one power up ring
CJ 510mm barrel
ML Super bucking 
Prowler rubber nub
M150 spring
Now with that lot, I'm getting 2.09 on .48s, with the hop set to 1.
And yet distance still sucks. It's effective at around 50m.
And by effective, I mean, once you've figured out the bizarre trajectory.
So I'm thinking of going back to the original barrel and bucking with the rubber prowler nub and see how I get on with that.
It's so annoying not having a range to test it on 😞 I would love to be able to take all the bits and the rifle somewhere and just F about with all day til it was sorted.

Yesterday I cracked on and put the original barrel and bucking back.
First shot jammed.
Took it to bits and rebuilt it again.
First shot jammed.
Took it to bits and decided to video taking to bits to send to @rocketdogbert to see if he could tell me what I had done wrong.
However, making the video, I realised.... well, you can listen to the penny drop here for yourselves:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OV8e07r5o3jUdpRgKu4yj2QXxw-zKW4-

Anyway - after that total cock up, I reinstalled the CJ barrel and Super nub (which is a bit worse for wear and need replacing) and changed the nub back to the original FAST nub.
It was firing at a consistent 2.2J on .48s, giving 315fps with a 1-2 fps deviation per shot.
Today is the real test though, as I'm taking it for range and accuracy testing. Fingers crossed!

IMG_3387.thumb.JPG.3bd85b1920712d74e8b1b2c422aefbfd.JPG

This is a pic of the 60m target. Which the SRS was hitting straight and true 95/100.
I also had a target set up at 90m, which the SRS was hitting, with a slight uptick and drop over the last 20m 90/100.
I asked the team mate I was with to shoot me whilst stood at the 90m target. I wanted to get an idea of how hard the hit was and if it would be hard enough to be felt. The answer is an unequivocal yes - a nice sharp snap sound as it hit my jeans, combined with a little pain from the hit. It gives me confidence that even if I hit someone's PC they'll know they've been hit.
Can't believe I don't get to skirmish it til weekend after this....But it'll be worth the wait! 😄 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

(whispers)I don’t want an SRS....

(whispers)I don’t want an SRS....

(whispers)I don’t want an SRS...

🙈🙈

Your right, you really do want an SRS!

17 hours ago, Prisce said:

What have you done to break it?🤔

no matter what bucking/ nub i seem to use, it seems to be not enough hop, not enough hop, too much hop that it jams the gun. I never get to the point where i get lift.. I bought a pre cut R hop patch, hoping to fix my issue and it was cut badly. I'm gonna send it to somebody with more patience than me.