What's your mag / rounds count?

Grey
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/01/2019 at 23:23, Grey said:

When I go onto the field I'm usually carrying:

5 X mid cap 130 rounds

1 X high cap 300 rounds

1 X 26 round side arm mag

That's only mags on the vest.

What's your usual count? 

I never mix mid/high, I own 44 mid caps and 1 hi-cap, I usually play with 7 mid caps (75rd, 120rd and 190rd). However I've 9000 0.3g BBs to work through which the mid caps in my main gun won't feed.

Generally I take into the field 1 mid cap plus 1 for every 10 minutes I expect to be in game.

The high cap is my backup should I find I turn up to a movie-themed game where it's me against 400 people and no matter how close someone gets, their rounds either miss or fall short enabling me to easily shoot my way out on full-auto 😂

• Mostly Retired Moderators
On 26/01/2019 at 15:14, Asomodai said:

I managed to get through a bottle of 2500 BBS in 2 hours at one particular site. No I was not q support gunner...

Wasn't the Peg Game at EAG Dorking by any chance?

That first game was a fucker for ammo usage!
The first game of the day as a warm up, and I'd rinse my days ammo in the two halves :lol:

• Supporters

For me

5 x PTS mid caps, each one carrying 150bbs (total 750bbs), 4 of them will be immeidately in my chest rig and the 5th being in gun

4 x pistol mags, 3 in pouches, one in gun

1x1000 bb drum mag

5x120 bb mid caps on my chest rig

2x19 bb pistol mags

you would think thats plenty until the game is juggernaut then for some reason I'm down to the last mag by the end of it???🙄

• Supporters

The standard sort in CQB skirmish I tend to go to:

4-5 x midcaps downloaded to very roughly 36-38

2-3 x pistol mags with about 18-20

Never get through anything like that much though, usually less than 40 shots in a game.  If it's some sort of longer game that has an ammo limit, I'll just carry close to that limit in a few mids (+ a couple of pistol mags if that ammo isn't included in the number).

Depends on the rif i'm using

If i am out with either of my ics rifles its 5x 300 bb t mags, bb bag with about 3000 in and 2 25bb mags for ics ble and/or 2x 25 bb mags for asg mk23.

If it's my KWA/Pts erg then its 7x 60 bb mags and a nuprol 2000bb speed loader along with the above mentioned pistols.

It shows how much psychology plays though. I can usually burn through a good 2 high caps playing the same game i would only use 2 or 3 60bb mags in. Subconsciously i thing its a case of knowing your much more limited with the erg 60bb mags.

1 'nade

3 24 round pistol mags.

For my AEGs i generally carry 4 to 6 midcaps depending on volume.  Ak and l85 4 120-150 round midcaps, ump and m14 6 midcaps as they only hold 50/60 bbs a mag.  

Archived