Mansfield new players

Lomas
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm a beginner, that hasn't had any experience or played a game yet but was seeing if there's anybody in the mansfield/Nottinghamshire region who'd like to go, so I can get my first game in and make some friends along the way.

Regards 

Lomas

Hi!

I'm "just" the other side of the M1 down the A38 in Ripley. There is a couple of decent sites locally.

My most regular haunt is Phoenix Link, it's a great day with an ever changing array of game types to play, not just attack&defend all day and they really use every inch of the woods.

There is also a Skirmish site nearby Ollerton and there is Matlock Combat Games which I'm yet to try.

NPF is only a short blast down the A38 as well and that is also a fantastic day out and the site actually has decent facilities (ie you'd consider poo'ing there).  

22 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Hi!

I'm "just" the other side of the M1 down the A38 in Ripley. There is a couple of decent sites locally.

My most regular haunt is Phoenix Link, it's a great day with an ever changing array of game types to play, not just attack&defend all day and they really use every inch of the woods.

There is also a Skirmish site nearby Ollerton and there is Matlock Combat Games which I'm yet to try.

NPF is only a short blast down the A38 as well and that is also a fantastic day out and the site actually has decent facilities (ie you'd consider poo'ing there).  

Hi, 

I'm basically in Sutton in Ashfield way, I've had a look at some local sites and phoenix does have good reviews, I was also looking at matlock myself they don't seem too bad, it's just I don't fancy popping my cherry on my own so to speak😂, just need to find a buddy to get in to the sport with haha

8 minutes ago, Lomas said:

Hi, 

I'm basically in Sutton in Ashfield way, I've had a look at some local sites and phoenix does have good reviews, I was also looking at matlock myself they don't seem too bad, it's just I don't fancy popping my cherry on my own so to speak😂, just need to find a buddy to get in to the sport with haha

No worries, well we I play with a few guys I used to work with. All super friendly, happy and into it. You're more than welcome to tag along with us! Next outing is planned as 10th Feb but that is looking like it will be down to NPF (A38 and off at Tamworth turn, only half an hour). That's a really good day. There may be a day or 2 inbetween at Phoenix or Matlock but they will be significantly shorter notice.

If you want, you're welcome to drop me your mobile number and I can add you to our Whatsapp group? There's generally a lot of tech talk about shiny things we've been buying as well as arranging game days? I don't know if there's a PM function on this forum but if there isn't hit the link to my website below and use the contact form to send it over. Will add you within minutes of getting it!

On 24/01/2019 at 12:58, Steveocee said:

No worries, well we I play with a few guys I used to work with. All super friendly, happy and into it. You're more than welcome to tag along with us! Next outing is planned as 10th Feb but that is looking like it will be down to NPF (A38 and off at Tamworth turn, only half an hour). That's a really good day. There may be a day or 2 inbetween at Phoenix or Matlock but they will be significantly shorter notice.

If you want, you're welcome to drop me your mobile number and I can add you to our Whatsapp group? There's generally a lot of tech talk about shiny things we've been buying as well as arranging game days? I don't know if there's a PM function on this forum but if there isn't hit the link to my website below and use the contact form to send it over. Will add you within minutes of getting it!

Sorry to jump on this thread! I roughly live in between you pair! I've been going about a year now got all the kit, UKARA etc and my mates have thrown in the towel but I want to continue to do so. If you dont mind would it be possible for me to tag along?

10 hours ago, DECO290597 said:

Sorry to jump on this thread! I roughly live in between you pair! I've been going about a year now got all the kit, UKARA etc and my mates have thrown in the towel but I want to continue to do so. If you dont mind would it be possible for me to tag along?

Have just sent you a PM dude 😎

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know why as I’ve played at pheonix with decent crowds and there are a fair amount of sites with in half hour of here so not as if everyone travels miles to get here but to see Sutton mentioned just makes it feel like a small world!

Archived