Perfect weather for a game

PopRocket123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm just curious as to you guys and gals thoughts on this. Would your perfect game be a beautiful sunny day or dark and overcast the greens of summer or does fighting in the snow make you feel like a red soldier fighting on the Eastern front? Maybe you like a game in the rain and if so stay the fuck away from me you masochist. Personally I prefer cold days when everyone's a little less enthusiastic and more sluggish. Layer up and you very quickly warm up and people often won't expect the energy you then bring to the game.

Cold, cold and cold. Dry, because sticky clothes drive me crazy (if I want to get wet I take my gear and have a nice dive)

Overcast would make it perfect, but hey, my glasses come with 3 sets of lenses for a reason :P

Rainy days are also ok, I get to use my waterproofs and makes things more immersive :)

I like a blizzard, or a rainstorm. 

Lets me feel all warm and fuzzy thinking about the poor sods playing outside. 

Best day's play I've had was in pouring rain ! , however in general dry with a bit of sun is good,

• Supporters

For my knackered and abused body has to be an overcast bog stand summers day suits me , nice and warm (but not too hot) slightly overcast so it’s not too bright . 

OR absolutely bastard freezing , snow ? Not a problem as long as it’s dry . Winter game days I find there’s less players and there usually the more established players so nine times out of ten it’s a much better standard of play .

• Head Moderator

Indoor CQB, weather does not really matter except travelling to and from the site.  Cool is nice, too warm and it can be more uncomfortable.

Late spring is nice and as the OP said: layer up.

Overcast, dry, somewhere between 5-15°C with only a slight breeze. Perfect airsoft weather in my book!

I do like playing in the snow though, it makes a nice change. Slipping and sliding in the mud is amusing, but I worry about braking my guns too much to run on those days😅

Dry, no wind(maybe a slight breeze ) warm enough for a T-shirt  or a light jacket  but not hot.. cold is ok to aslong as it's dry and not to much standing around waiting for people to reload after every game (preferably no waiting just one long running game)  the weather has yet to beat me and I've played in pretty much all of the extremes of the British weather lol 

I don't mind most weather just hate being cold and wet either or is fine just not both. 

So for me I would really like a summers day that has a bit of warm rain to help with cooling down with that lovely rainbow in the sky as I shoot you 🌈😊

One of the best days/mornings airsoft I've ever had was a spring morning, average temperature but then just as we started the first game which was moving up through a long channel of trees the heavens opened. We were relatively dry due to the tree canopy but it added to the atmosphere so much.

I think my preference though would be hot summers day. Nothing beats the good weather.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

I love a morning where there is a mist in the air, smoke from grenades and smoke grenades hangs in the air and it not only looks cool but adds atmosphere as well

How about a misty night shoot with smoke grenades hanging in the air, tracers flying and the searching beams of torches?

absolutely awesome

3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

How about a misty night shoot with smoke grenades hanging in the air, tracers flying and the searching beams of torches?

absolutely awesome

Haha true! I played in norwich last year some time and it was like fighting on endor come night time! TLSFX thermobaric grenades are awesome at night especially if you shake them up good and proper!

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Haha true! I played in norwich last year some time and it was like fighting on endor come night time! TLSFX thermobaric grenades are awesome at night especially if you shake them up good and proper!

you say that, some poor sod tried pyros, all i saw was a bunch of sparks appear in the blackness and a couple of rounds later the reply of "oh bugger" came back :P

6 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

you say that, some poor sod tried pyros, all i saw was a bunch of sparks appear in the blackness and a couple of rounds later the reply of "oh bugger" came back :P

🤣 I must admit it always amazes me what people will do on night games. I don't tend to use disposables if i can help it unless I have enough cover to soften the light from the initial spark but even then its a dead give away!

Personally I like days like today as well, having said that being a site marshal it amazes me the stuff people will turn up in totally unprepared for a day whatever the weather.... in a day and age where Facebook acts as a weather service I'm surprised people don't think "oh I'll take a jacket" or "better stick a few layers in a bag" or even better "better wear suitable footwear it's going to be a muddy one"

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

🤣 I must admit it always amazes me what people will do on night games. I don't tend to use disposables if i can help it unless I have enough cover to soften the light from the initial spark but even then its a dead give away!

Personally I like days like today as well, having said that being a site marshal it amazes me the stuff people will turn up in totally unprepared for a day whatever the weather.... in a day and age where Facebook acts as a weather service I'm surprised people don't think "oh I'll take a jacket" or "better stick a few layers in a bag" or even better "better wear suitable footwear it's going to be a muddy one"

indeed, the one i love at night shoots is suppressor tracer units, sure it looks cool but that's the problem, it's really freakin visible and those flashes are going to attract bb's like a giant magnet.

and i know what you mean about folk turning up in things like trainers to outdoor sites then losing them in the muck, its ridiculous.

13 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

indeed, the one i love at night shoots is suppressor tracer units, sure it looks cool but that's the problem, it's really freakin visible and those flashes are going to attract bb's like a giant magnet.

Yeah it's like putting a massive neon sign above your head saying HI I AM OVER HERE, CAN I HAVE A GRENADE PREFERABLY WITHOUT THE PIN 🤣  

my perfect game day is cool, overcast and with a lack of sun as I like my retinas😁 

Archived